Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about
Re: Back on the road - Boosted at 6 psi!!(Pg. 63) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thre

god damn man
Old 09-29-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Back on the road - Boosted at 6 psi!!(Pg. 63) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thre

Originally Posted by speedfoos
I'll take a video tomorrow folks!

Just got home from dinner and was hoping for a new map so I could start getting my idle and throttle transition issues taken car of and also start really tuning for 9 psi. But no map in the old inbox .

Oh well. Good Christ this thing is fun to drive now! I can't even WOT in first gear because I just spin and that's from a 15mph roll!
This must be a great feeling knowing you did all this hard work and put so much time and money and know its starting to pay off.
Not to mention how much you learned along the way.
Can't wait to see the new vid.
Congrads!
Old 09-29-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah man. To be honest, I was a little disappointed when I first took her out when I was at 4 psi. I mean, it was fast and fun, but it just wasn't furious. I had been staying optimistic, knowing that 4 psi on that big GT30 was like using a thoroughbred for county fair pony rides, but like I said, it really wasn't knock-your-socks-off-***-kickin' fun. But now, it's all worth it. Every penny, every busted knuckle, every night I got 3 hours of sleep, hell, even every argument it caused. It's fast, it's loud, and it's smells like horsepower and engine when I park it. I love it.

Neither momma nor my daughter have ridden in it with the new setup yet. I did boost a little in 1st gear with my daughter in the car (only up to 35mph), and her scream of "Whooooaaaahhh!!!" while frantically grabbing for something to hang on to was priceless! I'm going to have my wife video a drive tomorrow. I'm going to have her video while she feels the boost kick in, so hopefully her first reaction to it will be caught on tape!
Old 09-29-2007

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah man. To be honest, I was a little disappointed when I first took her out when I was at 4 psi. I mean, it was fast and fun, but it just wasn't furious. I had been staying optimistic, knowing that 4 psi on that big GT30 was like using a thoroughbred for county fair pony rides, but like I said, it really wasn't knock-your-socks-off-***-kickin' fun. But now, it's all worth it. Every penny, every busted knuckle, every night I got 3 hours of sleep, hell, even every argument it caused. It's fast, it's loud, and it's smells like horsepower and engine when I park it. I love it.

Neither momma nor my daughter have ridden in it with the new setup yet. I did boost a little in 1st gear with my daughter in the car (only up to 35mph), and her scream of "Whooooaaaahhh!!!" while frantically grabbing for something to hang on to was priceless! I'm going to have my wife video a drive tomorrow. I'm going to have her video while she feels the boost kick in, so hopefully her first reaction to it will be caught on tape!
Man thats awsome I have never driven a turbo car but I did drive my friends supercharged Mini Cooper S and that thing was a pocket rocket my guess is your car must give that same rush of speed from the turbo, so if thats the case I know what you mean by fun. Just wait till 9psi
Old 09-29-2007

It's going to be awesome. I've noticed a couple things now with the higher boost. My BOV sound has changed - which makes sense as it's relieving more pressure - and the turbo spool sounds like it has two stages. You hear a "pshhhhhhhhhhh-tchaPSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" now that is simply divine!
Old 09-29-2007

It's going to be awesome. I've noticed a couple things now with the higher boost. My BOV sound has changed - which makes sense as it's relieving more pressure - and the turbo spool sounds like it has two stages. You hear a "pshhhhhhhhhhh-tchaPSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" now that is simply divine!
Yea I agree sound plays a big part in driving pleasure.
I mean what would a Ferrari be if it sounded like a Corolla
Old 09-29-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

lol its sad i saw this person in a van who had some sound thing installed to where when they pressed the gas it played the sounds of diff cars thru speakers it was sad
Old 09-29-2007

Blech. That's worse than those turbo whistles that ricers stuff in their tailpipes.
Old 09-29-2007

Blech. That's worse than those turbo whistles that ricers stuff in their tailpipes.
lol @ turbo whistles I didn't know there was such a thing.
Old 09-29-2007

Whoops. It's a BOV sound thingee vice a turbo whistle. Still just as gay. Ranks up there with the interfooler air intake.

Here's the auction:

and the picture. Love these things!

Old 09-29-2007

[QUOTE=speedfoos;4245264]Whoops. It's a BOV sound thingee vice a turbo whistle. Still just as gay. Ranks up there with the interfooler air intake.

Thats what you call a poor man's turbo
Man that thing is sad.
Old 09-29-2007

Hey foos I just thought of something I wanted to ask you.
I don't know if it's been covered but can you run race fuel with this set up or would that be pushing it for this engine, and if so my guess is you would need to re-tune right?

Last edited by MURDOCK; 09-29-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-29-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MarchMadnessisM
lol its sad i saw this person in a van who had some sound thing installed to where when they pressed the gas it played the sounds of diff cars thru speakers it was sad
dont u mean u saw it on "pimp my ride" on mtv?? cuz i saw that one too, it was called "moms minivan" and it was purple, ****ing gay!
Old 09-29-2007
Registered!!

oh yea thats where i saw it lol i was wonderin cuz i didnt think it was on the street it was over at my friends house the other day on tv
Old 09-29-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

^^^hahaha
Old 09-29-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

i saw a dood drivin with one of those whistles. thats some gay *** soundin shiet.
Old 09-29-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

he foos. compared to your turbo, whats your thoughts on the Dezod "L" T3/T04E Turbocharger?
Old 09-30-2007

Originally Posted by MURDOCK
Hey foos I just thought of something I wanted to ask you.
I don't know if it's been covered but can you run race fuel with this set up or would that be pushing it for this engine, and if so my guess is you would need to re-tune right?
I honestly have no idea man. I would assume you could just run it as is without any harm, you'd have to check to make sure your valves - both on the head and the WG - could handle the more corrosive exhaust gases without deterioration, and the cat too. I know you would have to have a tune specifically for it, in order to really take advantage of it though. I can't imagine what it would be like with much more power at this point though. There's a really good possibility that 9 psi is going to be good enough for me.

Originally Posted by 7thgen_k20vic
he foos. compared to your turbo, whats your thoughts on the Dezod "L" T3/T04E Turbocharger?
Which one are you talking about and what trim is it? Link me as he has so many. If it's one of the top two on his main turbo page page (the one with 63 different snails) then there is no comparison really. There is a huge difference between the sleeve and ball bearing turbos. Aside from that, you'd have to compare compressor maps and a bunch of technical stuff that I don't have a good grasp of yet to really compare them.

Last edited by speedfoos; 09-30-2007 at 03:37 AM.
Old 09-30-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-30-2007
Registered!!

ArjoonKumar will become famous soon enough

that looks pretty tight

how'd u hold the camera up?
Old 09-30-2007

Stuck it in the passenger headrest!
Old 09-30-2007

Damn that looks pretty fast sounds great too!
Old 09-30-2007

One more uploading right now. Had to reinstall Pinnacle and tweak a little dead space out of it. She's still got a leak. I'm about to go outside and do some cuttin' and weldin' to fix the angle to relieve the stress that's causing the leak.

Last edited by speedfoos; 09-30-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-30-2007
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light

For one second I was like why is he driving on the wrong side of the freakin road? lol then I noticed your location. Nice work man, I'm jealous now
Old 09-30-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wait... The car will turn into an animal soon with a bit more boost. Im at 13 PSI now and dont even bother boosting in 1st gear. haha
Old 09-30-2007
Registered!!

*drool* thats insane man good work
Old 09-30-2007
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

haha foos having fun,...
Old 09-30-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-30-2007
Tire Spin

Str8UpCivic will become famous soon enough

wowwwwwwwwwwww. ur car is sickkk
Old 09-30-2007
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

have u got tuned yet ?? how much power are u putting out at 5.5 psi?

Quick Reply: Gonzo.