Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about
Re: Back on the road - Boosted at 6 psi!!(Pg. 63) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thre

guys thats one of the 08 Si engines, yall didnt now that? thats wut ima b rollin with lol
Old 10-03-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Re: Back on the road - Boosted at 6 psi!!(Pg. 63) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thre

stupid question that’s off topic...

Does any company make a ceramic head gaskets?

Wouldn’t that hold up pretty good?

And what are aftermarket head gasket’s made of compared to stock ones?
Old 10-03-2007
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

I think there is no such thing. Ceramic would be be too porous and brittle. Head gaskets I believe are made of layers of soft metal. I leave the difference between stock and aftermarket for someone who has seen both side by side to explain.
Old 10-03-2007

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

true what about kevlar?
Old 10-03-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

IDK, I didn't notice any difference in the stock HG and the two different aftermarket HGs that I've used. There may be some differences in the actual composition of the metal used, but I don't have the means to analyze that. The all looked the same to me.

As far as kevlar Don, it's a matter of withstanding both pressure and heat while still being able to maintain its shape. Kevlar would distort I'd think.
Old 10-03-2007

cool cool, im just high and thinking about meaningless ****.

thanks!
Old 10-03-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

lol, well hopefully my stock gasket will do when i put my turbo manifold on ......
Old 10-03-2007

It should. Do you still want a quick HG and stud install text DIY?
Old 10-03-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

Please Thanks foos

Originally Posted by speedfoos
It should. Do you still want a quick HG and stud install text DIY?
Old 10-03-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-03-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

^^^DUDE, that was awesome. A big huge thanks from all of us.

Now for the how to on changing the timing belt and water pump.
Old 10-03-2007
Banned

awesome, thanks clint, i dont think ima tackle that this weekend, but im hoping everything will hold up on 5.8 until i do =P
Old 10-04-2007

I just hope I got everything Matt, it was off the top of my head so I may have missed a nut or a bolt here and there. Timing belt and water pump.....haven't done one before on a D17.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

*bows to the all knowing foos*
Old 10-04-2007

Grrr. PCS stops datalogging at 5K due to electrical interference noise causing the USB-to-serial adapter to crap out. Makes datalogging a bit tricky. Gonna be a rough tune for Saturday's runs. Chris and I are working to get her straight, now that Drew went home and has quit taking all Chris' time!!
Old 10-04-2007
Banned

hey this guy you are working with via email to get the tuning done, does he work on emanage's? and how much he charge?
Old 10-04-2007

why do you remove the gas cap?
Old 10-04-2007

I think Chris does e-manage, although you'd have to ask him. His screen name is WilmncChris, hit him in PM and ask him. The price is fair in my opinion, we're back and forth daily right now getting the tune figured out.

Don, you remove the gas cap to relieve the pressure in the fuel system for when you disconnect the fuel line. Otherwise you blow fuel all over the engine bay.
Old 10-04-2007

O' Thanks!
Old 10-04-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

the only ems i do not do is the aem standalone. but everything else I can tune
Old 10-04-2007

mmmmm 3 inch in and 3 inch out!!! nice!
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

you have a pm Chris
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

i never got a pm...
Old 10-04-2007

Chris, I have one stipulation if you pull paying business from my thread......I want a BNT Performance sticker!!!
Old 10-04-2007

All right, a bottle of wine, some Halo 3, and I'm ready for bed. Chris, I look forward to the new map in the morning, brother. Thank god I can type without looking at the keyboard, cuz I'm drunk off my ***.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

is it bad to drive with no dump tube ?? i know it gets hot and melts **** but there is nothing really in the way.. lemme know cuz i have to order a pipe and weld it to the exhaust and its work ..

Where could i order this pipe from ??? im using the dezod kit so it the external wastegate ...

speedfoos urs looks bro .. where didu get that dump tube from ? custom made? were would i go for such a thing ..
Old 10-04-2007

DT is just a standard 38mm stainless steel pipe and appropriate WG flange. Go to your nearest home improvement store and buy a mild steel 35-38mm pipe, hit Ebay for another WG flange (non-threaded) and then have your welder tap it into the DP. It's not bad to run an open DT, unless you're a tree-huggin', dirt-munchin' druid.
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

That is an exspensive sticker to send to the UK
Old 10-04-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Yes you need a dump tupe! I ran without mine for 1 week while I was getting it refab'd. I found under heavy boost it began to melt all of the plastic tabs on top of the bumper & black plastic above the grill is now warped slighlty....any longer and she was gonna get goooeeeey.....I also noticed that pickup between gear shifts was also not as reponsive. Don't know if that was my leaky downpipe or dp.....

Good news on my downpipe bolts backing out. I used HighTemp Ultra Red Threadlock on all bolts/stud....it burnt off immediately but 2 weeks strong, no leaks, no backing out. We'll see though.

Hopefully transmission, exedy stage 1, & flywheel will go in tomorrow after work if I get time........Mechanic and I did it in 45 mins last time(thats right, and no bolts left over)....I'm shootin for 30 mins this time....no stock air box to take off

Foo's hit me up on Halo 3 when you go online, ya know......if you want your *** handed too you gramp's! Haha.....it's Em2CrewT

Last edited by FoSho; 10-04-2007 at 09:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Gonzo.