Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Old 10-06-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Back on the road - Boosted at 6 psi!!(Pg. 63) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thre

I'm back............the car didn't break.........I ran the 1/4-mile nine times......it was a ****ing blast.........Pics and maybe some vids later..............
Old 10-06-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Back on the road - Boosted at 6 psi!!(Pg. 63) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thre

Later! We want them now!

I'm glad nothing went wrong for you.
Hows the car running now?
Old 10-06-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

nice =) so wtf. how you gonna post you ran it 9 times, with not even 1 time???? lolol. slacker =p
Old 10-06-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-06-2007

Buh bye.

Old 10-06-2007

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Boosting 9 psi at the Track!! (Pg. 73) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thread!!

I'm only guessing it was a good ET taken the fact that your not running a dedicated track car with proper tires and all that. I'm also guessing a bit more tunning and some weight reduction not to mention some more practice on the launches I think you should have no trouble running 14sec 1/4 miles.
Just don't get too addicted to this sport culture Clint or you might find yourself gutting out the seats and any other items that take up weight.

Looking forward to the vids.
Old 10-06-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Boosting 9 psi at the Track!! (Pg. 73) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thread!!

60 ft: 2.7978
LMAO good lord that 60ft time sucks.. that my friend MAKES your 1/4 mile! father the clutch more, less slipping of the tires tighten up the rear end with a good suspension,add good tries and you should be good to go.
Old 10-06-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

well u shaved approx. 3 seconds off of the average 1/4 time. not bad i dont think but seeing 14s wouldve made me happier... but then again.. with everything stated (the weight, insufficiant practice, the tires and all that).. you win in my book in for vids later tonight or 2morow..
Old 10-06-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

woo hoo foos not bad man, maybe if u werent ancient ud have a better reaction time but its all good man u can still take all of us, and as far as the 9 psi not enough ill b waiting for "Foos Turbo Install boosted at 15 psi (pg. 96)"
Old 10-06-2007
Registered!!

Polo2k4 will become famous soon enough

By tracking you mean drag racing...track racing is on a circuit. Those are nice numbers! You must aim for lower numbers though congrats.
Old 10-06-2007

Buh bye.

Old 10-06-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

15's eh...your car should hit 13's bro, keep practicing, and that 60' is killing you lol
Old 10-06-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

1/8th time is good, stock is like 11.8 in the 1/8th, but u can do better, noone is good at dragging the first time, but its still impressive, congrats on the first runs Clint, i say bring on the vids!!!
Old 10-06-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

you just need practice. Reaction time needs alot of work, but then again I been to racing school. What are you stalling your car at on the line. are you foot breaking or ebraking at the line. Are you rev matching your shifts and do you know when your car is making its top HP. Please do not tell you shift at redline or near it..
Old 10-06-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

i dont drag, but i am going to finda video fo a lauch you need to perspire for!... my friend clark is crazy fast!
Old 10-06-2007

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Well of course all my times suck. I have never raced a 1/4-mile track (or anything eslse) before. I had no idea what was going on.

Tires should be fine, I just need to run them at 20 psi and not 26 (forgot a pump and a gauge). Rear suspension should also fine, it's on Tein SS coilovers. Do you recommend anything else Glen? I don't know that an uprated sway bar and aftermarket control arms would make a difference, but I'm a noob at this.

Yyeah, I have/had no idea how to launch it or shift into 2nd. If I launched fine, there was still a good chance that I was going to break loose when I went into 2nd. As soon as the boost would kick in the tires would shriek, and would spin if I wasn't careful.

It's too late Richard, I've been bitten by the track bug...... That was too much fun to not do again. I'm not going to gut the interior or anything, but one of the 12s going, and I will be doing a few other things to make the car a little more track-friendly.

More than 9 psi is going to have wait a bit. I don't want to afford a new, built bottom end, Quaife LSD, and K-pro just yet. That's next summer's project. I will be getting my PnP head ready to get strapped on though!!
Yeah i know you got some work ahead of you.. NA on my stock d17a2 with header, intake and exhaust i ran a 15.2 dont know the mpy think it was like 91 have to double check if i still have that time slip, also did that on Tein SS and stock shocks as well..

then i put my K20 in, same suspension and wheel spin and tire hop were BAD! still was cutting upwards of 15.0's.. So i upgraded to a full Megan coilover package, sways and such, and cut my times by a full second! wheel hop no more baby! lol.. but i also learned to controll my power at the wheels a little better and do have an LSD. Your kind of peg leggin sooo its a little different.

Just take your time and learn to controll the power off the line. Work on hitting the light when the 3rd yellow turns on *(dont wait for green)* and then drop you tire pressure should be good
Old 10-07-2007

Buh bye.

Old 10-07-2007

Blarg!!!!!! Had the whole video almost done, music and everything and the ****ing program crashed!!!!!
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

Whoa. Sounds like huge fun Clint, but I wouldn't get hung up on the numbers. The point is that you successfully slugged your way through building up your car on your own. Cheers!
Old 10-07-2007

... Ahah! Well that would explain a lot! I waited for the green and then I went...
are you serious?
Old 10-07-2007

Well yeah. That was my first time at a drag strip. Ever. Never even as a spectator. I told you man, I had no idea what I was doing out there.
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

hey foos u got out there n gave it ur best man its not ur fault man n ull learn dnt let ppl give u a hard time we all still have mucho respecto for the foos buildin his own car up and then slingin it down the line as best u can n im sure we'll see some better slips up on here soon enough
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah you might next time try shifting at around 5800
Old 10-07-2007

No worries everyone, every bit of advice is good. Like Carl said, I spent 52 days building something that, 6 months ago, I had no idea how it even worked. I didnt' even know the difference between a wastegate and a blowoff valve. I then took it to the track and ran it all day (9 runs) at 9 psi, it didn't blow up, and I had a decent showing. No one can rain on that parade!

OK, I've just spent an hour going through this entire thread, plus similar ones on two other forums to get everyone into the credits of the video!
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

so where's the vid?

lolz
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

i got the injectors clint. thanks alot. thanks for the stickers :P
Old 10-07-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

OK fine....I'm trying to not spend time on the computer just yet, cuz I'm starving and I need some fam time.

Quick synopsis -

A: I am not a race car driver! The car is capable of more than I could drive it.
B: 9 psi is not enough.
C: Alternators shut down when they get too hot.
D: IMO, my car is still fast, but I got my *** handed to me all day!
E: When it looks like a beater, but the driver wears a helmet, your *** is going to get dusted.
Here's my best run:

Reaction: +.9949 (shut up.)
60 ft: 2.7978
330 ft: 6.8880
1/8 ET: 10.1721
1/8 MPH: 76.03 mph
1000' ET: 12.8589
1/4 ET: 15.2773
1/4 MPH: 95.89 mph

Not awful, but not great. It shows how much I have to learn about tracking a car!

Here's a combo of all my best times from all nine runs:

Reaction: +.6980 (last run)
60 ft: 2.7208 (last run)
330 ft: 6.8880
1/8 ET: 10.1721
1/8 MPH: 77.21 mph
1000' ET: 12.8589
1/4 ET: 15.2773
1/4 MPH: 97.59 (first run)

thats one of the best lines evar
Old 10-07-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

soo DsevenEm2 will appear on youtube somewhere?! awesome!...that brightens my day up because i just got peed on by mother earth with about an hour of rain while i was trying to put on my rear sway... oh well.. ill be back out there soon..
Old 10-07-2007

Video is done and uploading now. I think it's awesome. About 8 minutes, fancy titles, rockin' soundtrack, whizbang transitions - good stuff!

Tell me about it George, you'll see the video of that guy just killing me!
Old 10-07-2007

Woohoo! bring it on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gonzo.