Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Old 10-13-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Everything is OK again - Still boosted! (Pg 81) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Yup, sounds about right! HG is replaced again - it was pushing coolant into the reservoir Chris, which is why I replaced it. Other than the coolant thing it was running fine. I still throw the P1106 baro code, but let's fart with that once we can tune the whole thing all the way through the RPM range. I'm getting my other head skimmed and the stripped bolt fixed so I can enjoy the whole PnP, S2 Crower turbo cam goodness of it. I figure once this HG goes (I have a feeling my head is a little warped), the new head goes on with a nice Cometic gasket.

Still no serial card for my laptop to finish the tuning - Royal Mail is still on ****ing strike.

That's about it. HG replacement was successful. It helped to have a couple guys helping this time so I didn't have to do everything myself!
Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Everything is OK again - Still boosted! (Pg 81) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Clint send me your map I will look at the DTC code and why. I got mine to fix when I created the problem....So lets see what difference you have than what I have. Remember the upgraded HG is for overbore. So it will not work if you have stock bore. Sorry for not being around much, but I have been really busy with tuning
Old 10-13-2007

Dude, I completely understand. If I really need something from you, rest assured I'll call first. I did panic the other day when I talked to Chip - you were out getting Taco Bell again - because my plug seals failed and I got oil down in my spark plug tubes. But that was an easy fix, and thanks again to all who responded here to my plea for help.

I'll just order an OEM gasket set from Majestic then for my next replacement. You're right about the overbore only on the Cometics. I just checked their website and the smallest bore HG they offer is 76mm, which is no good for a stocker 75mm bore.

I'll bounce you the map in the morning. Been drinking mimosas since the HG was finished and there's no telling what map I'd be sending at this point!
Old 10-13-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

hey Clint, how long it take u to do ur timing belt this time, im still working on mine, damn bolt took 2 hours to get off, then i stripped the alternator mount/engine mount bracket, so i gotta wait on the new one, and carpool with the old lady to work and home this week, and even after 110k miles the timing belt showed no signs of wear, coulda kept goin on it for a while still, but replaced it anyway, but im stuck at this point, and i broke the casing on the crank position sensor, but taped it back together, hoping that will hold
Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure why you are blowing HG's. Something is up with that
Old 10-13-2007

Chris, my car overheated this summer and blew at least one coil pack and the head gasket so it probably warped the head. I never did get it skimmed, so I'm sure that is what is causing my problems.

Damn Adam! It took about 4.5 hours this time from wheels up to wheels down on the HG. I'm not replacing the timing belt though (only have 38K on the dial) Which bolts did you strip on the alt. bracket? One of the front ones or on the side? I'm sure the tape will hold just fine on the CPS. It doesn't get too awfully hot down there, so you should be OK.
Old 10-13-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

well Clint, i broke the bolt that holds the alternator in the motor mount bracket, half of the bolt is still in there, and i tried using an easy out set from snap-on and broke it in there too, so i have to order a new bracket, its like 30 bucks from hondaatutomotiveparts.com, and someone on here is having a 10 dollar sensor sale, so im gettin a new crank sensor from him, cheaper than 65 from orielys or anywhere else, so whatever, just sucks, cuz now i dont have a car, but good news is that the timing belt went on easy, and stayed in time for at least 2 full revolutions, so im doin good now, just gotta wait, i know u know what thats like
Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

hey chris, are you at the shop today?
Old 10-13-2007

Hey Adam, that would be Carl (sql_civic) who has all the little misc. sensors and whatnot. Good guy, square deals.

Gotta go! Momma is calling (woohoo!!).
Old 10-13-2007
Banned

yea Clint, im just waiting to hear back from him, i pmd him and asked in that thread, so just waiting to hear back so i can send payment
Old 10-13-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
hey chris, are you at the shop today?
Hey I was at the shop earlier, and we were slammed!!!! I am at home right now and will be around the house tomorrow. Not going to be at the shop til monday morning unless i stop by to wash my car
Old 10-14-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

ha ha...no big bro...I'm on leave and hoping to start my install tomorrow. I'll give you a call then.

wtf clint...somebody done jacked yo wheels man!!!
Old 10-14-2007

LOL - I hope they replace them with some nice matte black 16s!!!
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

ha ha....i begin work tomorrow...hopefully i won't be claiming my T.E.A.R.S. member number until after the build...
Old 10-14-2007

Excellent Tony! The good thing is, that you're pretty much right down the road from Chris if something goes seriously wrong! You starting a thread for it?
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

thinking about it...def taking pics tho...
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

i love it, car washing speedfoos style, the best part is that completely describes ur car, it will always look good n u will always tke care of it, but it will only run half the time lmao
Old 10-14-2007
Registered!!

Yeah he can always come to the shop, if you get in a mess of things
Old 10-14-2007
Banned

he'll get it runnin good at some point, when he stops buying crappy hg's and invests in a cometic(spelling), and he'll boost at like 50 psi, and blow the motor, but have fun doing it
Old 10-14-2007

Oh it runs good now, it did even with the slightly leaky HG. I only replaced it because I had an extra and don't want to keep emptying the coolant rezzie. If this one goes like that, then I really don't care. The new head goes in for skimming and repair this week so we will be ready for some mad PnP boosting when this HG blows!!!
Old 10-14-2007
Banned

sweet
Old 10-14-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by speedfoos
I hope you washed it Speedfoos-style!!

Please explain.
Old 10-14-2007

In otherwords, put the car on jackstands, pull the wheels off, and then wash it.

That's my car there. In the pictures. Up on jackstands. With the hose on the right. The ground is all wet.
Old 10-14-2007
Banned

brilliant, absolutely brilliant Jza, cant u read??? j/k u had to read his other thread bout cleanin his car
Old 10-14-2007

LOL - I had though about just putting the pictures of the wash and mini photoshoot in here, but I decided against it. I don't really know why though.
Old 10-14-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

My question was more of a why then a what.
Old 10-14-2007

Well I had to rotate my tires, which would necessitate putting the car up on jackstands. She was also very dirty and this gave me a chance to wash out all the nooks and crannies. It made sense to combine the two activities. This isn't the first time I've done a wash like this.

Plus I can check all the suspension components to make sure there aren't any surprises, look for rust, etc...
Old 10-14-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by speedfoos
In otherwords, put the car on jackstands, pull the wheels off, and then wash it.

That's my car there. In the pictures. Up on jackstands. With the hose on the right. The ground is all wet.
Sorry but I had to laugh
Old 10-14-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Ya I just saw the other thread :P

I can see myself doing this and blowing my car over with the hose.

Last edited by Jza; 10-14-2007 at 10:12 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gonzo.