Gonzo. - Page 41 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2007   #1201  
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Everything is OK again - Still boosted! (Pg 81) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

:LOL: the Quote owns you Ching!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trurace
blah blah clutch
I'm running the Exedy racing S1 full-face clutch and their lightened (11 pound) flywheel.
Old 10-12-2007   #1202  
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough
Re: Everything is OK again - Still boosted! (Pg 81) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

wow .. i just had to catch up to all the posts lol .. i was a lil behind .. foos, how did ur plug seals *** up ? like how did u notice somethings wrong .. i just wanna know to keep an heads up.. good work. My clutch slave is broken and i haven't driven the car until the part comes in, then i get it fixed. and i should be ready to go back .. boost is too fun.. our engine sounds hemi in boost lolll
Old 10-12-2007   #1203  

The only way I noticed something was wrong was when I pulled the coil packs to check the head bolts, and saw all the oil. I think the seals just failed from a combination of excess heat from the turbo, some degradation during the powder coating process that I had done on it, and simple poor design. The ones I have in there now are a much tighter seal around the plug tubes.

It's amazing how fast things break on a turbo'd car!
Old 10-12-2007   #1204  
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

its just you :P
Old 10-12-2007   #1205  
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Yea... I mean I racked up a ton of problems on my Civic... but you have discovered new territory, foos. That's why you inspired T.E.A.R.S.!
Old 10-12-2007   #1206  

Could be George! But I know you'll be claiming your T.E.A.R.S. member number shortly after (or during) your install even with Justin's help!!
Old 10-12-2007   #1207  

No kidding Ben! I've learned a bazillion things about my car during and after this install!

Actually I think Hector kept popping head gaskets too, but he's got a fully built gut (lots of beer), plus sleeves, rods and pistons and kept blowing them until he put in a block guard.

I did some aggressive driving on the way home from work today, so we'll see if I pushed any coolant back into the rezzie tomorrow morning. Either way, I think I'll replace the HG tomorrow. I've got a couple guys coming and I promised them beer and grilled meat if they would take pictures for a DIY and hand me tools!
Old 10-12-2007   #1208  
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post
No kidding Ben! I've learned a bazillion things about my car during and after this install!

Actually I think Hector kept popping head gaskets too, but he's got a fully built gut (lots of beer), plus sleeves, rods and pistons and kept blowing them until he put in a block guard.

I did some aggressive driving on the way home from work today, so we'll see if I pushed any coolant back into the rezzie tomorrow morning. Either way, I think I'll replace the HG tomorrow. I've got a couple guys coming and I promised them beer and grilled meat if they would take pictures for a DIY and hand me tools!
Man what a deal beer and meat just to hand you tools take pics and hang out with a cool dude. I'd be all over that.
I'm about to cook me some brauts and have a nice cold Fosters.
Good luck with things Clint.
Old 10-12-2007   #1209  

Thanks Richard! I just came back from the pub after a few games of after work basketball. Man even though it was half-court (refabbing the gym) it still kicked my ***!

I'll just put this out there, any civicforums members that ever find themselves in England are always welcome at Chez' Foos for beer and food. Not that I ever expect to meet any of you mugs until I come back to the states, but I just wanted to extend the open invitation.
Old 10-12-2007   #1210  
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light

how the hell are you gettin ur car back to the states? lol
Old 10-12-2007   #1211  

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm if I had the money for the plane ticket I would take you up on that offer.
The best part would be I would not have to pay for lodging because my dad owns a house in Margate (next to Ramsgate) my grandma lives there.
When do you leave the UK?
Old 10-12-2007   #1212  
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Hey clint, I am tired of seeing all these "Sig work by Speedfoos". I need one.
Old 10-12-2007   #1213  

I'm on it Matt. PM me some pics (I'm lazy), some color prefs and anything else you want in it and I'll bang something out tonight.

My DEROS is next October! So yeah, it won't be for another year. I have no idea where Margate or Ramsgate is.

The Army will pay to ship one vehicle back to the states Varner. Anymore than that and it's out of my pocket - which is about $1000. Needless to say, my wife's Blazer will be sold locally before we leave next year and we'll buy something and have it waiting for us where ever we end up.
Old 10-12-2007   #1214  
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

Damn Yo, Your Girly Is Hott!!!!!!!

Lol
Old 10-12-2007   #1215  

????
Old 10-12-2007   #1216  
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i think he just watched the vid.....

all hailz the wifeys...ies...'s...i dunno..
Old 10-12-2007   #1217  

I hope so....I'd prefer if it was comment about the car though.
Old 10-12-2007   #1218  

Ramsgate is east of London on the coast, its were most of the ships that were used for the evacuation of France came from in WWII.

Old 10-12-2007   #1219  
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

Quote:
I hope so....I'd prefer if it was comment about the car though.
wow that was the complete wrong thread, i dont know how it posted here!! LOL

no i love your car though foos it definately gets in my book
Old 10-12-2007   #1220  
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm running the Exedy racing S1 full-face clutch and their lightened (11 pound) flywheel.
How do you like the 11lb flywheel? And do you think it would be good for a daily driver

p.s.
that would be great if you did a HG replace DIY. It would save me alot of money.

Last edited by trurace; 10-12-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-12-2007   #1221  
Registered!!

Quote:
I'm on it Matt. PM me some pics (I'm lazy), some color prefs and anything else you want in it and I'll bang something out tonight.

My DEROS is next October! So yeah, it won't be for another year. I have no idea where Margate or Ramsgate is.

The Army will pay to ship one vehicle back to the states Varner. Anymore than that and it's out of my pocket - which is about $1000. Needless to say, my wife's Blazer will be sold locally before we leave next year and we'll buy something and have it waiting for us where ever we end up.
maybe you should rethink ditching the blazer...

mach performance turbo kits are awesome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkWBbap-uN8
Old 10-12-2007   #1222  
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

foos .. were u boosting 9 lbs on stock internals and **** broke??or this was at 5lbs?? cuz i don't have the money or time for any head aches .. and ive been boosted for a week at 5lbs with no head aches ... could i be headed towards problems and stuff at 5 lbs .. or is it because u cranked it up to 9 and ripped her nicely?
Old 10-12-2007   #1223  

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-12-2007   #1224  
Registered!!

www.s10forum.com

will be your saving grace for all your problems, and some of that stuff would need to be replaced or fixed through an install anyway. basically mach can put down well over 300whp with his kits.
i used to own an 01 s10 but it was a gutless 2.2l.
seriously gotta check out that site it will solve your headaches
check out this sc'd 4.3l
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f2/i-made-it-over-18788/
and his vid look how pretty the engine compartment is
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...55517765935057
Old 10-12-2007   #1225  

Good stuff man! I will chock this up to forum number six that I am now a member of! Although I'm probably just going to lurk on that one and sponge information off of it. I already got one good piece and that's how to change the #3 plug that's been on there for the life of the truck. I definitely appreciate it. You deserve a virtual beer on the house!
Old 10-12-2007   #1226  
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

^ GM rant = truth
Old 10-13-2007   #1227  
Registered!!

lol thanks a lot .. my clutch slave pump is broke so my car is just sitting in my garage till the part comes. 9lbs u must be close to 200s with a tune... good job foos!! lol if i only had 3-4gs to build my internals and crank the boost without worrying mmmm.. this is a fuked up game ... cars.. u either stay away or if u get suked in u'll be addicted i swear lol
Old 10-13-2007   #1228  

Yeah. I'm addicted pretty bad at this point! Oh well, I don't have a problem....everyone else does....

I start the HG replacement in about an hour so gotta go clean the garage!
Old 10-13-2007   #1229  
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Hey someone catch me up to what is going on??? Been tied up with a shitload of tuning stuff
Old 10-13-2007   #1230  
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

Some creeper called his wife hot and he blew another head gasket (the two events where in no way linked together). HG replaced and boost lowered to 8psi for the time being?

I think.

Closed Thread