Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Gonzo. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/297598-gonzo.html)

speedfoos 07-22-2007 05:42 AM

Gonzo.

Buh bye.

TRIZ 07-22-2007 05:48 AM

Re: Gotta cut the hood. Give me some opinions.

enie meanie miny moe, ...shoulda gone NA yo!

Looks like fun though. It wouldnt be any fun if everything went smoothly.

speedfoos 07-22-2007 05:59 AM

And I haven't even tried installing everything yet.

There's a lesson to be learned here folks. If you buy a kit, you don't have to go through all this crap.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying working on the car, but damn it, I want boost already!

HwNpRyDe_CiViC 07-22-2007 06:37 AM

where u get ur vc powder coated at?

speedfoos 07-22-2007 06:48 AM

Steve at racecoated.com hooked me up. Which option do you think I should go with?

greeen01civic4d 07-22-2007 08:20 AM

i say option 4, u can always sell the dumptube and downpipe here, someone will pay for a well wrapped dt and dp, just relocate it and be done, god if i was u id be so sick of waiting and waiting to get this done, uve been working on it for so long

speedfoos 07-22-2007 09:11 AM

Buh bye.

greeen01civic4d 07-22-2007 09:15 AM

doesnt look too bad, ur braver than i, core support cutting.... wow, foos ur a brave guy, good luck with the exhaust. didnt know all of that cost u so much money, id probably have quit by now, but thats the price u pay to booost, congrats on solving ur problem...

varner88 07-22-2007 09:40 AM

i was gonna suggest hood spacers it would only provide function as it pulls the hot air out of the enginebay.. i did it to mine to make my strut bar properly fit.

speedfoos 07-22-2007 10:22 AM

If it was in the back, then hood spacers would be an idea, however with the WG being in front like that, there's a much better chance of air catching it and popping the hood up.

I'm not too worried about the core support bit. I'm going to reinforce it later when I get the exhaust welded up. You see those cross members cut all the time. Its still connected and will be MIG'd up soon for more support.

LT2004ever 07-22-2007 12:10 PM

lol u couldn't wait 4 hours for people to reply? hehehe, just joking. Looks like everything is solved :)

burke420 07-22-2007 01:27 PM

hrmm...no hood! idk.. thats a predicament.. good luck on it!

speedfoos 07-22-2007 01:52 PM

Yeah Travis, I'm a little impatient when I comes to wrenching around on my car!

Hopefully I don't run into any problems when I start cutting on the hood. I'll start that Tuesday since my wife is going to Rome for a week and I can deadline the car while I get the exhaust and clearance issue taken care of.

Woohoo! Rep's working again. Although I just gave out all I could for the next 24 hours.

DsevenEm2 07-22-2007 01:57 PM

i was going to say option 1 anyway... sorry i got here so late. do u think the wastegate my clunk on the radiator support thing? like i guess when ur pulling wont the engine move back alittle and when u let off the throttle itll just clunk forward? or is that just me thinking paranoid.

TRIZ 07-22-2007 02:43 PM

Yeah, thats true. I dyno'd my car yesterday and the engine was just sloshing around in there. Really makes me want to dump the money into a torque damper. heads up foos.

speedfoos 07-22-2007 03:02 PM

Good point fellas, I'll bend that bit out a touch before reinforcing it. I already have a torque dampener and engine mount inserts. The engine doesn't move at all. I have mad vibration now at idle but the engine is rock solid in place.

Triz, buy the ES inserts (they're like $30 shipped) before you get the Ingalls. You'll probably find you don't need the Ingalls after you put the inserts in. Huge difference from stock engine with stiffy to to stock engine with stiffy and inserts.

burke420 07-22-2007 06:27 PM

where can i get this ES insert?? i dont want a tq damper for its price, but if motor mount inserts do the same for less...where's a good place?

speedfoos 07-23-2007 01:16 AM

Energy Suspension (ES) has a store front on Ebay, you can get them there. Summit carries them and so does the Energy Suspension website. Pretty easy to find. I'll get the part number after work today and post it up.

burke420 07-23-2007 06:37 PM

did you get that part number?

burke420 07-23-2007 06:42 PM

16.1111?

speedfoos 07-23-2007 11:21 PM

Shit sorry Burke, wife is leaving for Rome in about 10 mins and we were up all night packing.

16.1111 is the part number, you're right. I bought mine here on Ebay.

Ebay owns you

greeen01civic4d 07-23-2007 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by burke420 (Post 4218457)
where can i get this ES insert?? i dont want a tq damper for its price, but if motor mount inserts do the same for less...where's a good place?

i got some brand new ones for sale, pm me if ur interested
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...or-mounts.html

Boilermaker1 07-23-2007 11:30 PM

Rotate that elbow on the flange 90 degrees to the passenger side. Lay the WG sideways along the log. Get it as low as you can get it. You wont be able to bolt it on... so check and see if it fits, then weld the elbow to the manifold.
The farther away from the core support you can get it, the more clearance you have. Get the WG sideways rather than laying forward, you'll have more room.

speedfoos 07-24-2007 02:00 AM

Good advice, but its too late at this point, I can make it work.

Once I hollow out the underside of the hood I won't have any clearance issues. I just don't feel like changing the orientation of everything and paying for welding again, that shit was expensive over here $300 USD equivalent for the work. I would have to sort new dump pipe tubing, flange, and so on and just don't want to **** with it. Tacking a support bar back on that cross member will be easy, I can just MIG that myself.

Brute force and ignorance will see this through. Thanks for the suggestion though.

skipbarber 07-24-2007 06:56 AM

i went through the same shit to get my manifold to fit, i know how you feel..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...50406_1725.jpg

speedfoos 07-24-2007 11:09 AM

Yep, gonna start cutting on the hood tonight and am also going to measure what I need and chop the piping off the cat in prep for the fix.

I'm going to start installing shit this week too. I've had enough waiting around. All that's left is waiting for the boost gauge install kit, and WG spring to arrive then getting the exhaust sorted. I figure I'll be able to get the IC mounted and holes cut for the piping tonight after sorting the exhaust. Fuel pump tomorrow, plus coolant lines for the blower. After that we'll have to see.

Enough is enough. This shit is going on.

02BLKCIVIC 07-24-2007 11:17 AM

ya just modify the hood