Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Wasn't the IM, Valves are Fuxored (Page 178)! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

DAMN paul and andy... i wish i had you're numbers for when i went up there. i just got back in to fayetteville, nc. anyways, pm me them and i'll keep them in my phone. i'll definitely hit you guys up the next time i go up there. i go up at least 2 time a month so lmk.
Old 08-10-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Re: Wasn't the IM, Valves are Fuxored (Page 178)! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Yar. The EM2 chassis will be crushed into a little ball and turned into braces for less fortunate children.
You couldn't just....umm....sell it?
Old 08-10-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Nope, she's got a salvage title, plus I'll be pulling out the motor, tranny, suspension, trunk shocks, shifter assembly, maybe the seats, possibly instrument cluster - a whole bunch of crap. I'd rather part out the bits and get the rest of it hauled off.
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

any kid would be lucky to have foos' crushed car wrapped around their teeth!

when you switch chassis are you gonna start a new thread for it?

oh, and sorry about the bent valves, but i know that your car will be running again in no time.
Old 08-11-2008

I absolutely will not start a new thread! I'll just change the title again and keep going.
Old 08-11-2008
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

Yar. The EM2 chassis will be crushed into a little ball and turned into braces for less fortunate children.
Get to it cause my daughter's getting braces in 3 weeks. And although she's not one to considered as "less fortunate", my build budget will be from this expense.
Old 08-11-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

hey foos... if you find an es2 that has an auto tranny.. you should sell me the cluster out of it.. I might need one because I cant seem to figure out if mine is bad yet.

Ive checked most of the harness about halfway to the ECU and no cuts or abrasions.. it still seems to be shorting out to me. Key on, the lights flicker, startup they keep flickering then they're out again.. no signals whatsoever, but the lights work when I turn on my headlights.. and turn signals.. Im thinking somewhere in the connection its shorting out.. plus i get shocked sometimes when i get out the car and turn the key off.. I think im gonna get my meter and start testing pins with key on...

I have a manual but having a really hard time finding out what wire colors im going to be testing here.. which ones will be for RPM, Speedo, Fuel and Water Temp out of the harness before the cluster??

If anybody can help please let me know.. if it ends up being the cluster I might just have to buy a new one but ****k dude they're expensive.
Old 08-11-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

i found this in an older thread; hopefully it will be of some help:

Originally Posted by Atlantis
Green Connector:
Blue: From ECM/PCM, Tach input signal
Wht/Red: Constant 12 v +
Yellow: Switched 12V+
Blu/Wht: From ECM/PCM And VSS input signal
Yel/Blk: From fuel level sending unit
Wht/Grn: From multiplex control unit
Blk: Ground
Pink: (Canada Vehicles only) Washer fluid level switch
Wht/Blu: (Canada Vehicles only) DRL Control unit
Blk/Yel: Security control unit
Blu/Yel: Cruise control unit
Pnk/Blu: OPDS unit (Side airbags)

The only one I would not touch is the Wht/Grn wire in the green connector. This is multiplexed and carries numerous digital signals over the one wire. It drives the coolent temp gauge.

Blue Connector:
Black: Ground
grn/orn: From ECM/PCM
Blu/Red: From ABS Control unit
Pink: From SRS unit
Red/Blk: Supplies 12V+ for dash backlights
Red: Supplies switched ground for dash lights
Grn/Red: Left turn signal indicator
Grn/Yel: Right turn signal indicator
Red/Blu: Combination light switch
Blu/Orn: Immobilizer control unit
Red/Yel: From no 15 fuse under hood
Wht/Red: From no 9 fuse under hood
Yel/Red: From oil pres switch

Last edited by HonCiv02; 08-11-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-11-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

hey thanks buddy.. ill keep that
Old 08-12-2008

Will do on the cluster once I find one Jose. Might take a little bit, but if you're patient and still need one once I get it, it's your for the price of shipping.
Old 08-12-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

hey clint still no price on the si steering wheel???
Old 08-12-2008

LOL - didn't I PM one to you? Must have forgotten. Here's what I got (****ing thieves):

Make: HONDA
Fuel Type: PETROL
Model: Civic Type R
Body: 3 DOOR HATCH
Type: Type R
Year: 2003
Engine: 2100cc
Transmission: 6 SPEED MANUAL
Part Details: STEERING WHEEL WITH AIRBAG
BREAKER'S NAME : International Car Spares
PRICE: £450 (Yes, that's $900 USD)
GUARANTEE 90 days
PHONE: 0701 310 9698
Old 08-12-2008
Registered!!

OMG, ummm yea they are thieves... i guess i'll just have to look around here and use a vinyl sticker on the "H" thanks bro!
Old 08-12-2008
This is Myspace

Will do on the cluster once I find one Jose. Might take a little bit, but if you're patient and still need one once I get it, it's your for the price of shipping.
hey thanks man.. yea im patient no rush really.. i already calculate my own gas milage
Old 08-15-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-15-2008
Registered!!

ooooooooooooooo wow!!! looks good bro but what do i know...
Old 08-15-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

So when are you going to get the new head?
Old 08-15-2008

Heh. That is a fine question. Hopefully next week.
Old 08-15-2008

Buh bye.

Old 08-15-2008
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

Whew! And that's easier than dropping the sub-frame?
Old 08-15-2008

Yeah, cuz I don't have to mess with an alignment afterwards. I've dropped the subframe and done it that way, but I prefer taking it out the top. Honestly, I can have the tranny out in about 90 minutes now. That just lists everything out down to (just about) the last bolt.
Old 08-15-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Ur frickin nuts Clint...transmission on your back hah!....you could be a d17 mechanic soN!
Old 08-15-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's still easier to pull the whole motor out the top I have done it both ways and after trying to pull the trans out with out pulling the motor I made a promise to myself I would never ever try to pull the trans with out pulling the motor it's so much easier. If I'm taking my time it takes me 90 mins from unlocking the car to pop the hood till finish. If I tried to go as fast as possible and teamed up with my little brother probably could do it somewhere a little over 45 mins but mind you I don't have a turbo to worry about.
Old 08-16-2008

I don't have a hoist either, so the legos all have to come out brick by brick. I'd rather do it that way too.
Old 08-20-2008

Buh bye.

Old 08-20-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Purdy! Your intake mani has blue nipples. Are they suppose to be that color? I wouldn't normally think that is right.
Old 08-20-2008
This is Myspace

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Purdy! Your intake mani has blue nipples. Are they suppose to be that color? I wouldn't normally think that is right.

that does look friggin sweet Clint.. nice job..
Old 08-21-2008

Thanks fellas! It will work until I get a powdercoating setup back in the states.
Old 08-21-2008
Registered!!

that nice bro... you're gonna have to teach me some of the tricks of the trade!!!! i get off of leave when you fly
Old 08-22-2008

You bring the beer Jay, I'll teach you everything I know.

Head is here!!!!!

At first glance, she looks OK, it was packed pretty well although I wish the cam was removed so the valves would have had no chance of getting bent during shipping. It's got one bent exhaust stud that looks like it was bent before being packed, but that's an easy fix, just wish I would have known beforehand so I could have had a replacement standing by. Insides of the plug tubes have a little rust from sitting off the car and she's got the Hawaii surface corrosion I was expecting to see. All in all, everything looks good so far!

I'm going to pull the valve train apart when I get home and inspect it, clean all the corrosion off and hopefully have the car running tomorrow!

Quick Reply: Gonzo.