Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rebuild Time - Motor is Back in! (Pg. 165) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Looks real good man. I like that the whole fam seems to get involved. My wife is always into my projects and loves being at the track almost as much as I do. It sure does make things easier doesn't it, hehe.
Old 07-20-2008

Buh bye.

Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Rebuild Time - First Startup Vid on Page 167!!! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Congrats, the first few engines are a little scary to fire up. Just make sure there are no air bubbles in the coolant. The top of these motors like to be purged more than a typical engine. I had to take my upper hose off and top it off like that once, it seemed to take care of the problem.
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

DaGriz will become famous soon enoughDaGriz will become famous soon enough
Re: Rebuild Time - First Startup Vid on Page 167!!! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Clint,

THAT VIDEO IS too flucking cool!!

GREAT JOB!!

I am so flucking proud of you!!

DAD

Last edited by DaGriz; 07-20-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: lousy spelling
Old 07-20-2008
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the new motor!
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

you're nuts clint...
Old 07-20-2008

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
Congrats, the first few engines are a little scary to fire up. Just make sure there are no air bubbles in the coolant. The top of these motors like to be purged more than a typical engine. I had to take my upper hose off and top it off like that once, it seemed to take care of the problem.
Yeah, the first 15 minutes was spent check everything and burping the coolant.

Originally Posted by DaGriz
Clint,

THAT VIDEO IS too flucking cool!!
GREAT JOB!!

I am so flucking proud of you!!
DAD
Thanks Dad!!!!!

Originally Posted by tfnaaf
Congrats on the new motor!
Thanks Tom, it's nice to be able to do something like this.

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
you're nuts clint...
Blame my Dad. They're his genes!
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

lol you're so crazy clint... my brother and i were watching and ROFL. congrats on the engine starting up on the first try and on the engine rebuild! is that a new gatorade flavor...lol. just kidding!
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

well since i only have 1 post for my 1000th post i choose your thread clint to do it in!!!! congrats again!!!.... whoring at its best!!!!
Old 07-20-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

job well done! The start up sounded loud and mean.
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

Jdm Ej1 Coupe will become famous soon enoughJdm Ej1 Coupe will become famous soon enough

WOW what a Build! Congrats I cant wait to be able to start my Motor for the first time! Hope it goes as well as your! Subscribed!
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

WTF IS THAT **** YELLOW/GREEN ****!!!!!

Hello to the U...****in....K honda uses blue coolant Clint! You owe me so many juice boxes now! That green **** is overrated.

Good job on the build! Let her sit tonight and check for any leaks in the morning. I let mine idle for 1 hour checkin everything and saw nothing....the next morning I found 2 small oil leaks that would have costed me the motor if I just got in and started to drive. Fixed the oil leak and let it idle....checked for leaks found none....check in the morning and found the upper hose on the tb had a pin sized leak that would have cost me another headgasket..............pays to play to safe!!!! TRIPLE FRIGGIN CHECK YOURSELF..... I suggest even opening the valve cover back open after running for awhile...recheck valves and retorque to 80

I did mine to 80 and I've been driving for 3 weeks on the new headgasket w/ no coolant push!!!!!

Last edited by FoSho; 07-20-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-20-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

Wow i've been out of this thread for so long that i spent my time reading through your vacation period and drought of information lol when members where feinding for your return and the rebuild and the diy piston install and problems etc only to end with a video!!! lucky me with my timing!!!! NICE WORK!!! SOUNDS MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2008

Originally Posted by filipinop1405
well since i only have 1 post for my 1000th post i choose your thread clint to do it in!!!! congrats again!!!.... whoring at its best!!!!
Thanks Jay! Glad my thread was the one to get your 1000th post!

Originally Posted by Tragedy
job well done! The start up sounded loud and mean.
It certainly did. I was worried a little when it hopped to 2K on the tach as soon as it started, but there's no telling what crud was in which part of the combustion areas to make it surge like that.

Originally Posted by Jdm Ej1 Coupe
WOW what a Build! Congrats I cant wait to be able to start my Motor for the first time! Hope it goes as well as your! Subscribed!
Thanks, I'll bet. You've been working on your engine for a lot longer than I've been tearing into mine.

Originally Posted by FoSho
WTF IS THAT **** YELLOW/GREEN ****!!!!!

Hello to the U...****in....K honda uses blue coolant Clint! You owe me so many juice boxes now! That green **** is overrated.

Good job on the build! Let her sit tonight and check for any leaks in the morning. I let mine idle for 1 hour checkin everything and saw nothing....the next morning I found 2 small oil leaks that would have costed me the motor if I just got in and started to drive. Fixed the oil leak and let it idle....checked for leaks found none....check in the morning and found the upper hose on the tb had a pin sized leak that would have cost me another headgasket..............pays to play to safe!!!! TRIPLE FRIGGIN CHECK YOURSELF..... I suggest even opening the valve cover back open after running for awhile...recheck valves and retorque to 80

I did mine to 80 and I've been driving for 3 weeks on the new headgasket w/ no coolant push!!!!!
Well then Honda is wrong. I use green coolant. And you're also supposed to adjust the valve lash when the engine in cold. Go get me a juice box.

Going to recheck the lash and head studs today though. I only had one small coolant leak from my usual spot on the lower radiator hose, so I'll tighten that up tonight before putting the bumper back on.

Originally Posted by Mr_Plenty
Wow i've been out of this thread for so long that i spent my time reading through your vacation period and drought of information lol when members where feinding for your return and the rebuild and the diy piston install and problems etc only to end with a video!!! lucky me with my timing!!!! NICE WORK!!! SOUNDS MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks! It's definitely been a long summer, that's for sure. She's still up on jackstands because I've been running around all day taking car of other stuff. Gotta mow the lawn (well, part of it) and then I'll get some more wrench time in.
Old 07-21-2008
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about

WOOT, WOOT!!! Congrats, the beast is a-runnin'! You're a true inspiration!

We're Not WorthyWe're Not Worthy
Old 07-21-2008

Buh bye.

Old 07-21-2008
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

NICE! I think that's great that you got it running! I really like the look of the engine bay. Those braided stainless steel lines, are they vaccuum lines?
Old 07-21-2008

Buh bye.

Old 07-21-2008
Registered!!

engine bay is looking sick bro!!! now get the rest of it back together and let us know how the shyt runs with the nesw goody's...lol.
Old 07-21-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

looks good foos. this is still my fav thread on this site! what are your future plans for the interior (seats, cage, etc.), down the road anyway?
Old 07-21-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

I got your juice box bitch! They were all out so I got you this new wine that came out.....I know you'll love it!

Last edited by FoSho; 07-21-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-21-2008
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light
It's a Honda

What did you expect? They start up all the time (at least that's been my experience).

Congrats to you, Clint! Who needs a hoist, right? Not when you have cheap 11-year old labor sitting around doing nothing all day. I did have to pay my assistant ice creme though.

My advice at this point is NOT to let your engine idle for long periods of time during the break-in. Run it only long enough to quickly troubleshoot problems. Then get it on the road and drive it hard so your rings will force themselves into the cross hatching and carve out a good seal. If you idle or drive at a steady speed your cylinder walls will glaze over. The first 50 miles will be the most critical. Change the oil and filter after 100 miles. You'll hopefully see a lot of metal specks in there.

Looks and sounds great. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-21-2008
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

you are pretty awesome clint.. congrats your a hero to alot of guys like me out here..

now since you have new internals, but the same turbo and what not.. you're still going to have to get it retuned right? or can you run it off your old maps
Old 07-22-2008

Originally Posted by HonCiv02
looks good foos. this is still my fav thread on this site! what are your future plans for the interior (seats, cage, etc.), down the road anyway?
Future plan is to ditch this chassis and get a clean ES1 chassis and swap all my goodies into it. There is too much body work and paint to be done on this car to be cost effective. I can pick up a rolling chassis for much cheaper than fixing this one, plus it would be less work as well.

Originally Posted by FoSho
I got your juice box bitch! They were all out so I got you this new wine that came out.....I know you'll love it!
What's up Fail Spice? I didn't see that you had an image in there because you linked to someone else's page it looks like it crashed their site! Too much bandwidth. Go get me a juice box!

J
U
I
C
E

B
O
X

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
you are pretty awesome clint.. congrats your a hero to alot of guys like me out here..

now since you have new internals, but the same turbo and what not.. you're still going to have to get it retuned right? or can you run it off your old maps
Thanks Jose! It should be fine. All I did was lower the compression a little bit. I may have to tweak the maps a little bit, but won't know for sure until I drive it and do some datalogging.
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

so you plan on getting an es1 now clint??? any reason a sedan instead of any other coupe?

man i wanted to be the fastest/highest hp es sohc on the site...lol. i guess in the future or only in my dreams.

Last edited by filipinop1405; 07-22-2008 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-22-2008

Yeah. The coupe is nice and everything, but it's a little inconvenient with a family. Not that it's the principal family car, but it will be nice to have four doors. Plus to be honest, Jon's car (mugenman) has a really nice look to it. That setup pushing about 325 to the wheels on a daily basis would be the bee's knees.
Old 07-22-2008

I gotta bleed the damn brakes today from popping the ABS line off. I hate doing that but I can't drive it till she's bled. Lotsa air in the system!
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by filipinop1405

man i wanted to be the fastest/highest hp es sohc on the site...lol. i guess in the future or only in my dreams.
hahahah u best get to work then cuz my 1.7eL is getting built in about 3 weeks
Old 07-22-2008
Registered!!

hey jay (sounds like i'm talking to myself, my nickname is jay) just cuz you get yours built before mine doesn't mean that you'll be the fastest or the highest whp, lol. i have patience. plus we are talking about hondas not acuras just ****ing wit ya!

oh clint you mean like this one...

(minus the turbo engine,etc)

Quick Reply: Gonzo.