Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's Rebuild Time Baby!!! (Pg. 154) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

I would email comp clutch about that spring popping out. There is NO reason for that to happen. They should take care of it as long as the disk isnt worn out.
Old 06-26-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn, all these clutch issues make me glad I didn't skimp on mine...

Old 06-26-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

wats the best clutch for ~300WHP range .. and foos i always wanted to ask u ... u know how stock internals is ~200whp RELIABLE that u can beat the **** out of it all the time with a solid tune

now how about a fully built d17 with piston rods, cam, pnp, wat would be the cut off for that to beat the **** out of it reliably with a SOLID tune?? is there a limit where u should stop that u might be unreliable or there is no limit? im talking SPECIFICALLY for DD everyday winter, summer, beatting it up everyday .. im not talking about a track ***** car tat would run once a week with nos, insane boost and like insane power tat the engine can withstand that once a week abuse im strictly talking DAILY driver !

Last edited by emjay; 06-26-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Old 06-26-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say 200 whp is the limit if you can't have any downtime. Anything over that and you're going to have problems to some extent. If you can't handle repairing things and fix its, don't go over that mark. **** breaks, that's the bottom line.
Old 06-26-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dopes6070
I would email comp clutch about that spring popping out. There is NO reason for that to happen. They should take care of it as long as the disk isnt worn out.
Where did you buy it? If you go to their site it says this:

COMPETITION CLUTCH, INC. DOES NOT SUPPORT OR WARRANTY ANY ITEMS PURCHASED ONLINE FROM AN UNAUTHORIZED DEALER. PLEASE CHECK WITH CCI DIRECTLY BEFORE ORDERING PARTS THROUGH THE INTERNET TO ENSURE YOUR PURCHASE WILL BE COVERED UNDER CCI'S WARRANTY POLICY.

Warranty Claims
All returned merchandise for warranty claim is at the sole discretion of Competition Clutch. Merchandise returned for inspection or repair must be sent prepaid and insured. Returned merchandise must include a copy of the original invoice, sender's name and address, an explanation of the problem, an RGA Number, and a telephone number accessible between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM Eastern Time.

I ordered an ACT anyway but I'll try

Last edited by Rufus; 06-26-2008 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-26-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn, that two bad marks against Comp clutches. Won't be going with them that's for sure.

I just got in from the garage. Got a lot done. Motor is out. Crank pulley won, so I'll drag the motor to the shop tomorrow and hit it with an impact.

I'll hit you with my opinion on your questions when I'm done, but I've had zero downtime with my car at 262whp....

Oh and I just put the jdmfabtech mani on the head. It looks sweet! Pics after I eat.
Old 06-26-2008
Turbo Guru

Lol, wtf? Zero downtime? That bitch has seen nothing but downtime...

$20 from amazon.com ftmfw.
Old 06-26-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 06-26-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by andyman97
I would say 200 whp is the limit if you can't have any downtime. Anything over that and you're going to have problems to some extent. If you can't handle repairing things and fix its, don't go over that mark. **** breaks, that's the bottom line.
andyman i know what u mean **** breaks all the time, its boost u can't help it .. but foos ran his 260 stock and yes he had headaches, but im not talking about the once in a while headache..but im talking more engine wise and reliability, like a clutch breaking, yah it fuking sux but that **** u can't help .. im strictly talking with boost .. u told if i had kpro i could run my bitch stock @250 reliably .. im getting fully built and i wanted to see where i should stop .. i definately don't think 400s is DD .. i want something quicker, more reliable then my stock engine which hasn't given me any downtime for 9 months i've abused her @196whp/6psi

FOOOOOOOOS ur JDM FABTECH looks like SEX good for u man, i hope u are nice and will ship it to me for 500 bux so i can buy it ritenow from you hahahahahah anddddd i jus woke up

Last edited by emjay; 06-26-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2008

Re: It's Rebuild Time- Motor is Out (Pg. 157) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

If you post O/T in my thread, you must also post a picture of a midget or a monkey. If you can find a picture of a midget and a monkey (in the same picture, interacting in some way) you become exempt from this rule.
Old 06-26-2008
Turbo Guru

http://www.youtube.com/v/ioH8jr0hRp8&hl=en

I found a monkey riding a motorbike so I'm exempting myself.

Anyways, you're right clint, downtime is relevant. emjay, you're looking for some magic number that doesn't exist. I ran my motor at 247 whp on a stack a1 and blew it up because I kept leaning out. I ran a stock a2 and it lasted me over 9 months at around 300 whp and gave me zero issues whatsoever. There's been an extended period of time since these two motors, it isn't just the setup man, it's your ability to monitor your setup and catch **** before you have a catastrophic failure or serious damage. Parts break, stop working, etc. Your ability to repair things when they go out before blowing your **** up will give you longevity....

Anyways, mad progress, nice work. You can give my head a good polishing anytime.
Old 06-26-2008

^^ Words to live by right there. I'm a freaking maintenance ****. There were two reasons I ditched all the stereo **** in my car. One was weight and the other was I need to be able to listen to what's going on with the car to catch the problems. It's how I caught this latest bearing shred in time before it ****ed the motor, the head, and the turbo. If I had the stereo up and banging like I used to, I would have had no idea there was anything going wrong inside the motor.

Sweetheart, you can't handle me polishing your head.
Old 06-26-2008
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

Nice kitchen install Clint!!
Old 06-26-2008

LOL - thanks Ching! You back home now, or still in China?
Old 06-26-2008
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

no i am back home now,China was great
though also went to Changhai,Man and
everything is so cheap!!!Hotel was big sweet
crowne plaza.My room was on 48floor with a nice view.
Still eat with my chop stick at home LOL.
Great time or best times ever.hope the
company send my back though, or i will go
back on vacation for sure.

bad weather in changhai

Day view area 51 hotel lounge. every everning happ triple hour from 5-8pm
so alot of carlberg and verry good hotel food.

night view from hotel room

misty day

LOL

enjoy

Last edited by DaRk_MauL; 06-26-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-26-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Wow those pics are amazing
Old 06-26-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

How about a Spanish (prolly Mexican) midget dressed like a monkey?

And some monkey love doggystyle?
Old 06-27-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

entertaining read!

and midget monkeys!
Old 06-27-2008

Thanks folks, I may only get some tool recovery done in the garage and a little bit of cleanup done of the block. I have to go into work during the middle of the day and am then going over to Jackson's for dinner. We'll see what happens.
Old 06-27-2008
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

looks nice. cant wait to see it finished. that intake manifold is sick btw. i wish i had the ***** to pull my motor, lol. great stuff
Old 06-27-2008

Yeah man, I hear you. I used to be so skittish about working on my car, always afraid I was going to break something. Then I discovered my hands were more likely to break than something on the car as long as did things by the book (the first time, anyway). I never would have attempted to pull the motor in my garage a year ago, but after changing out a few head gaskets, swapping a head, pulling the tranny three times, getting the block out didn't seem so intimidating anymore!
Old 06-27-2008
Registered!!

DaGriz will become famous soon enoughDaGriz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Yeah man, I hear you. I used to be so skittish about working on my car, always afraid I was going to break something...............

Seems I remember a young man who was installing a whupass stero system in his newly leased Honda and asked his dad if he had a really long drill bit...............
"What for" asked his Dad, "I have to drill through the firewall to threda some wires from engine compartment to insdie the car" he answered.
'Yup I have one, just be careful you don't drill into something you shouldn't"

Don't worry, I know what I'm doing!.....

It was summer time and temp's where really hot so it didn't take too long to find that he had drilled thru his air conditioning freon coil and the heater core!!

Wasn't very funny when he found out it was going to cost close to $400 to get it fixed.
Old 06-27-2008
Registered!!

mannnnn .. my monkeys are fukin GANGSTA ... EITHER PUFF PUFF PASS or shooting up the streets hahah this is for all the O/T stuff foooooooooos i know i got the sikest monkeys wooot wooooooot

i now know what u mean by im looking for that imaginary number.. but basically if u ran a stock one at 300 andy, i shouldn't have any problems running mine fully built at 300 DD, cuz thats my goal (300whp), with all the proper gauges afr, boost, water temp which i have, and a solid tune ... foos what are u planning to take ur bitch to .. after this build? u have the solid intake mani and turbo to fukin make power mannnng

Last edited by emjay; 06-27-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 06-27-2008
skate or die

Tragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to allTragedy is a name known to all

more pics of build
more pics of build
more pics of build
more pics of build
more pics of build

I havent followed a build this closely in a long time. It's good fun, maybe a video clip after completed?
Old 06-27-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Rufus
Wow those pics are amazing
Thx rufus I took alot of pictures, I was the like a chinees, cheese click.
Old 06-27-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-28-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

don't use an impact on the crank pulley. thats a big no no. use 6 foot pipes on breaker bars. besides, unless you have a 1000 ft. lbs. impact (like me ) it still wont come off without a fight.
Old 06-28-2008

I will be using a 1000ft lb impact wrench today. I'll give it one more go with breaker bars this morning before I try the impact, but since I replacing all the bearings, I'm not too worried about the potential damage it could cause them.
Old 06-28-2008
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light

when does the sexy manifold you bought from another sexy member on here go on? good luck with everything
Old 06-28-2008

That sexy manifold goes on as soon as it get in my grubby mitts Michael!

Woot! Crank pulley is off! Impact didn't work, breaker bars did. Never listen to Edwin either. ASE my ***...

Quick Reply: Gonzo.