Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Old 02-22-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Holy crap, he put it on a dyno! - (Vid on Pg. 136) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!

Foos if I'da known you needed a clutch tool I probably had a spare kicking around that I coulda sent with the manifold.
Old 02-23-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Holy crap, he put it on a dyno! - (Vid on Pg. 136) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!

Thanks, I didn't know I needed it until a little while ago. Oh well, I can improvise.

I hear you guys about the ISB, but the noise would change it's tone/frequency/pitch etc.. when you're futzing with the clutch and the tranny. None of that business affects it. I'll check the clutch pedal play and see what's after I check the starter. I'll check the starter bolts for play first, if they're tight, it's coming off and then I'll warm up the car to see if the squeal comes back.

If it does then the tranny and pressure plate are coming out so i can have a look at the flywheel and both bearings to see if they are behaving.

Yeah I figured I was seriously degrading the life of the tranny, I just need the sumbitch to last until I get back to the states so I can go junkyard hoppin' to get new ones.
Old 02-23-2008

****ing POS Harbor Freight impact wrench.

Well it's officially not the starter. And I officially can't get the spindle nuts off with my aforementioned impact. So that means the axles don't come out and therefore neither does the tranny today. Looks like I'm going to do this in 7 hours or less at the hobby shop this week. Yay.

Gonna go put a drop on my buddy's CRV now. I hate cars.
Old 02-23-2008
7th gen old timer.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

lol ive learned the hard way:harbor freight. has cool cheap tools, and they are cheap for a reason.

that sucks clint. good luck yet again.

i know what you mean. nothing ever goes right.. sometimes i just wanna give up on cars but i love em too much.
Old 02-23-2008
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

you actually dont have to remove the axles from the knuckles. Just loosen the lower ball joints and drop the subframe with the LCAs. Then use some really big zip ties to hold the axles up out of the way when you pull them outa the trans. Thats the way I usually do it just so I dont have to fight with the axle nuts. This only works on the manual trans cars tho. You need the extra room when dealing with the AT.

And the easiest way I've found to get the axle nuts off is putting the wheel on without the center cap and setting the car on the ground. Then go to town with a nice big breaker bar and a 32mm socket.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by dopes6070; 02-23-2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-23-2008

Ahhhhh, that's a really good ****in' Bob. I wish I had thought of that this morning. Although, my heart really wasn't in it today, to be honest.

We were able to put the drop on my buddy's CRV. KYB shocks dropped on Eibachs, 1.8 in the front, 1.5 in the rear, with new Moog ball joints and Ingall's front and rear camber kits. Went pretty smooth and we didn't break anything, I was really surprised. With the Progress endlinks and sway bars, it actually handles really nice now for late 90s big green lunch box. I also bribed the guy at the hobbyshop with the promise of breakfast if he opens it at 0800 on Wednesday to let me stay for the whole day to do this properly on a lift.

Yeah, I do get tired of wrenching on the Civic sometimes. But I played a little on the way. I haven't ever really dumped the clutch on the car since putting the turbo on. I did tonight and was really neat to just spin 1st through 2nd with barely any forward motion, a little side-to-side tracking without the e-brake on! Good times.
Old 02-23-2008
Registered!!

k20em2504 is on a distinguished road

looking good foos

all you need now is kpro and a driver mod lol
Old 02-23-2008
Registered!!

once you get kpro and tune it youll be able to make 300+ horses
Old 02-23-2008

Well there's that minor detail of a built bottom end too! I want to hit 400 on pump gas just once on the dyno. It's ludicrous to be daily driven at that power level, but that's a notch in my belt that I'm looking to get.
Old 02-23-2008
Registered!!

what do you call built? sleeves? or just pistons and rod?
Old 02-23-2008

Yeah, rods and pistons. No need to sleeve this block especially since I'm keeping the stock bore. The stock sleeves are stout enough to handle. I may run a block guard, but that's about it.
Old 02-23-2008
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

another way to break the axle nuts lose is to stick a screw driver in the vents of the rotor and rotate the screw driver against the brake caliper to keep it from turning and use a breaker bar. This is how i usually torq the axle nuts but it will work the same to remove them
Old 02-23-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

LOL I reckon he could make 300whp after he installs the pistons and ups the boost but might need bigger injectors depending on what his duty cycle was. That GT30 is a monster. I feel like the more power he makes the more **** is going to keep breaking. Stay at 8 pounds and call it day lol.
Old 02-23-2008

Now where is the fun in staying at 8 pounds Ron? Think of it this way, **** should only break once and then it gets replaced with something better. I'll win this war of attrition with my car!

Considering that it's only 40 more hp to hit 300 (probably what, 3-4 psi?) that should be no problem. I'm not sure what my injector duty cycle is at on these 577cc jobbers. I won't know until I go k-pro so I'll wait until then to determine my next injector upgrade. Deatsch makes drop-in 750cc high-impedance injectors so those will probably fit the bill.

I had a pry bar wedged in there Tom, but didn't really want to get on it too much for fear of that sucker flying out. I'll have an extra set of hands to help me on Wednesday and some proper kit to do it right.
Old 02-23-2008
Registered!!

i still say kpro and a good tune will get you 300 on 8 psi

260 is low considering you have a turbo cam and the head is pnp

you need to scrap the pcs xfc and get kpro
Old 02-24-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I'm driving on Kpro now. Woot!
Old 02-24-2008

Well, k-pro is on the list and will go in at some point this year. Once it goes in, the built block will be shortly after. I will have a couple tunes for it on dual stage boost controller. One for 8.7psi (Tial small Blue spring) for daily driving, and then a second stage for about 17 psi (doubled the WG spring, don't want to go any higher than that with a boost controller), with a label of "Fun Button". So we'll see what 8.7 psi and 17psi get me on this car.
Old 02-24-2008
Registered!!

7thgen_vic will become famous soon enough

WOOOOOT! glad to see you on the dyno finally my friend =)

265, wow. thats friggen awesome bro!~!
Old 02-24-2008
Registered!!

hey foos, check out my auction and look at the list if you hasnt seen it yet. depressing all the stuff i got done in her and finally tuned... very sad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...em290209089017

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y95...EN/7THGENSALE/
Old 02-24-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need two maps, brotha.
Old 02-24-2008
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

Ya if you get it tuned for 17PSI then you can put the boost anywhere below there for daily driving on the same tune. I was running 14lbs on 91 octane and to go any higher I had to put in a bit of 100 octane.
Old 02-25-2008
Registered!!

Exclamation Re: Holy crap, he put it on a dyno! - (Vid on Pg. 136) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!

Ok, due to so many people asking for pictures, i have uploaded most of what i got (still a few more if i keep digging through hard drives) to photobucket. Check out the subfolders.

I have also uploaded a few videos me and my friend took yesterday (sunday 2.34.08) of the car and a few pulls on the interstate, etc... to show the car is fine. I believe due to the back being a little messed up it was affecting the top end after 100mph, i remmebered it being a little quicker from 80 to 135... feel free to email me with questions. thanks!

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh33/7thgen_vic/

http://www.youtube.com/nickbme06
Old 02-27-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-27-2008
Registered!!

DaGriz will become famous soon enoughDaGriz will become famous soon enough

"So yeah, I'm about out of ideas after I pull the pan and look at it. Noise is the same as ever and didn't start until the car was completely warmed up, sitting at idle"

Okay, by using process of elimination and some logical deduction I would suspect that it could be : 1.) Half spun rod bearing or 2.) half spun main bearing or 3.) oil pump. As you said, it starts AFTER engine is warm, which means the oil is thinned out somewhat from being warm When you first start it crankcase oil is thicker do to being cold. That alone points toward the oil pump. If the noise does not get any higher in pitch or tone when you increase the RPM's; it is probably not a rod or main bearing

BUT....these are just the thoughts of an old man without hearing the noise first hand!!

Last edited by DaGriz; 02-27-2008 at 05:04 PM. Reason: horseshit spelling ;)
Old 02-27-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt its a bearing, he'd be hearing knock, if anything. Probably a bearing in your water pump.....
Old 02-27-2008
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyman97
I doubt its a bearing, he'd be hearing knock, if anything. Probably a bearing in your water pump.....
thats sounds very likely
Old 02-27-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Well water pump, tensioner pulley, oil pump....etc.....are all very well your issue. But I thought you said you isolated it to the opposite side of your engine? I have seen cars transfer noise in strange ways but that noise sounds pretty loud....I would think it would be hard to miss. I believe Clint even took all the belts off, isolating any issues.....

Clint, by the time your done with your car you should come work for me...you're gonna be a master tech! Good diagnosin man! Shame on the transmission. Glade someone else is having just as much fun as I am! ahah!

One note? Did you try turning the diff/final drive(axle input area?) anything abnormal?

P.S. > I have seen a **** load of water pumps fail on cars....they usually growl...never heard one squeal especially like that. I have never ever ever ever seen an oil pump fail let alone make noise on toyotas or hondas! Oil pumps are made at a very high stress level! Just my 2 cents!
Old 02-28-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 02-28-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

No way it's lower engine....no way.......one way to rule it out. Drop that pan....you'll see the hot spots if there is any issues.....it will be apparently darker than any other areas...almost stained dark if you will.
Old 02-29-2008
Turbo Guru

Have your flywheel and pressure plate resurfaced....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gonzo.