Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Holy crap, he actually put it on a dyno! - (Pg. 134) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Threa

Awesome job Clint! it's going to be crazy when you put that mani on and stick real engine management on there you should definitely break 300!
Old 02-18-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Holy crap, he actually put it on a dyno! - (Pg. 134) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Threa

Yeah, it's already a beast to drive! Yes Jay, the PnP head is already stuck on it.

I was honestly surprised as **** when I saw the results. I was hoping for 240 but man, 261 is just fantastic.

The only is that I now know for sure how much of a time bomb that stock bottom end is!

I think you don't see the VTEC engage because I ran out of VTEC fluid on the way to the shop. They want like £56/liter for it so I just go without it most of the time.

Last edited by speedfoos; 02-18-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

knight_321 has a spectacular aura aboutknight_321 has a spectacular aura about

man! do u have anything done internaly??thats heaps if its a stock motor.

ive been reading this thread but couldnt find anything about he motor and just wanted to know if it was built or not

well besides the head as i just found out its PNP
Old 02-18-2008

Yep. Bottom end is bone stock. Head is built with Crower springs, retainers and turbo cam. Valves are stock and so is the cam gear.
Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

cleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trusted

if you look back when this site first started weren't there guys running the same number u are running on stock blocks.
Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

^^ his block/entire bottom end is stock...
good numbers clint...now hurry up and get here so we can do the photoshoot thang!!
Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

wow youve come a long way speedfoos good work and congrats on the numbers
Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Clint, I'd never expect those numbers from running a piggyback. And thats with NO Timing adjustments. I"m assuming you have the fuel pump kit. I have to ask though how does the car drive in all situations? Is it smoother after the tune? Once again well done and I"m scared to know what you'd make on that turbo at 16psi!!
Old 02-18-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by speedfoos
I think you don't see the VTEC engage because I ran out of VTEC fluid on the way to the shop. They want like £56/liter for it so I just go without it most of the time.

Thats awesome Clint! Way to ****in go! Have you even began thinking of what you're going to go with for the bottom end? And you've probably already touched in the past on what EMS you're gonna use but I must've missed it..

and one of
Old 02-18-2008
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

you deserve those numbers foos, you have put a lot of work into your car and faced a lot of little **** that would make other people quit. i am definitely excited to see the numbers after you build the bottom end.

Old 02-19-2008

The car still has idle issues that I need to diagnose with my volt meter. Sometimes at a warm idle I will drop to like 11-11.5 AFR for no reason. ST fuel trim is reading at like +18 (normally at about -3 on a 14.7 idle) and RPMs aren't doing much but stuttering. Doesn't make sense as there is nothing (that I know of) making the ECU or PCS tell her to dump more fuel.

Umm....sometimes it seems like the PCS doesn't "synch" up with the ECU on a warm start. It will stutter like mad (and misfire) at anything other than a light load and I can't go above 2500 RPMS for about 30-45 seconds. After that, it magically un****s itself and I'm fine and driving normal.

When the car behaves, it drives fine. Boost transition is too rich, but I haven't had time to run the maps to fix it. Too many other issues to fix. My list is getting shorter though and that is coming up soon.

Bottom end, Jose...yeah already have most of the parts. New rods (Bob's old Crowers) should be here today, already have pistons (Bob's old Wisecos), so all I need is bearings, a decent used engine, and a new clutch - plus all the other miscellaneous gasketry and whatnot.

EMS is probably going to be k-pro so I can pass emissions if I ever need to.

Thanks for all the compliments folks, I really appreciate it!
Old 02-19-2008
Registered!!

Alex857 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex857 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex857 has a spectacular aura about

So i havent been posting in this thread at all i dont think, but i have been folowing it quite a bit, and i must say..those are great numbers and the money is well spent. NIICE JOB!
Old 02-19-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cleanmagcivic
if you look back when this site first started weren't there guys running the same number u are running on stock blocks.
Not to steal your thunder, Clint, but...

I put down 250 whp about 3 years ago on a completely untouched, unmodified non vtec motor with a bone stock, non vtec head. Its been done before.

BUT, not at 8 psi with a friggin monster of a turbo, lol. I want to see what you'll get on race gas pushing 20 psi when its all said and done. Mid-400's should be easy if that cam doesn't choke you up. You haven't even started to let that beast breathe yet!
Old 02-19-2008

Ahh, but the difference is Andy, that I have never done this before. This was my first time ever really modding a car, before this was just minor maintenance and whatnot. I'm not too concerned who has done it before and who hasn't. I'm just impressed as hell that this little motor can belt out some decent power at low boost with the right mods. But yeah, I want to hit 400whp just once on the dyno to say that I've built a 400whp SOHC Civic. I think I've got a good foundation for it!

Green jujubes (and red as per user preference) all around folks and the rest will follow when I can rep again tomorrow!
Old 02-19-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

For sure man, this is my first car I've modded, lol. Alot of us have learned on these things. But being way over there with limited resources deserves hella props. Was just pointing out the inaccuracy of the above statement is all.
Old 02-19-2008

No probs, completely understand. Got my strut bar today. Just have to wait until I feel like going outside in the cold to install it! Winter FTL.
Old 02-19-2008
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

stop crying about the winter. winter is a nice time of year. def think you should move to FL, since the senior citizen is coming out of you now.
Old 02-19-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

AZ is lovely this time of year.
Old 02-19-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i loved it when i was in AZ, Tucson and Phoenix were a bit of a drive though. awesome weather
Old 02-19-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Oh yeah!!! You can definitely run down a WS6 or SS with those numbers. You'd eat one for breakfast,lunch, & dinner..........you'd blow an older vette outta tha wata! That is definitely more than plently on the street!
Old 02-19-2008

Winter sucks. Vid is rendering and uploading. I didn't eat enough this fall to stay warm this winter.
Old 02-19-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-19-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-19-2008
Registered!!

j182j has a spectacular aura aboutj182j has a spectacular aura aboutj182j has a spectacular aura about
Re: Holy crap, he put it on a dyno! - (Vid on Pg. 137) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!

Nice Clint real nice
Old 02-19-2008
Turbo Guru

Re: Holy crap, he put it on a dyno! - (Vid on Pg. 137) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!

Yeah, you're gonna help me get my engine bay blingin'. Not a fan of the blue valve cover but the bay looks really nice. Good work.
Old 02-19-2008
Registered!!

knight_321 has a spectacular aura aboutknight_321 has a spectacular aura about
Re: Holy crap, he put it on a dyno! - (Vid on Pg. 136) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!

hey foos
just curious do u have ARP studs??

and to any body who has em is it woth it for low boost
Old 02-19-2008

Re: Holy crap, he put it on a dyno! - (Vid on Pg. 136) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!

Yep, I put the ARP head studs in a while ago. It's absolutely worth it for any amount of boost. Think of them as $100 insurance so there is less chance of you blowing a head gasket.
Old 02-19-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey clint did you get the "other box" that I sent you?

And you got some VERY nice numbers there! I cant wait for you to up the boost and get some insane ##'s
Old 02-19-2008

Thanks Bob, it hasn't arrived yet, but mail is being stupid lately. I got a box today (the strut bar) that was sent via Priority the same day you mailed the rods. So I don't expect them to get here until another week or so.

You and me both on wanting to throw more pressure at this car!
Old 02-19-2008
Turbo Guru

I just got to see the video. Very nice, you had me in hysterics. I think you may've accidentally jizzed on your tuner, lol. Nevertheless, congrats again man.

Quick Reply: Gonzo.