Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaCivicCat is a jewel in the roughHondaCivicCat is a jewel in the roughHondaCivicCat is a jewel in the roughHondaCivicCat is a jewel in the rough
Re: 1st Start-up video on Page 33!!! - Speedfoos' Turbo Install

Been watching since the beginning, I don't understand all the turbo talk going on...but I assume once you troubleshoot the car as a whole you will find little things that fix the big problems. The only thing I can think of is an exhaust leak from where the dp connects to the rest of the exhaust (the gap you had to fill and wrap). That's all I can see. Maybe there is a vacuum leak or another pressure leak that you can't see or smell though. Mad props for working and keeping us updated, keeps us non-turboed members happy Look on the bright side...it started the first time and stayed started, could have been worse. Good luck working out the issues...have fun tuning it and as always keep us posted (oh and +1 for the video updates...keep those coming)
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

bro if I could rep you for the "so....somethings ****ed up" comment I would. Can't wait to see it running.

Last edited by ryox82; 09-05-2007 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Ok this is kinda off topic but, just by reading the post vid posts. THERE ARE SOME GAY MOTHER ****ERS ON THIS FORUM.

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
have u cried at all, i would have by now
Originally Posted by MMKennedy
I smiled at that as well

It's nice to put a face to some names on here ya know!
Originally Posted by skipbarber
i think clint is sexy. hell yea..
Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d
i agree with skip, specially when he bent over the car in the car in the second video, sweet ***..... haha
DAMN HOMOS!
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

hahahahhahahhahaha!!!!
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

jrock will become famous soon enoughjrock will become famous soon enough

i love the hood slam....its great!!!
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

Buds302 will become famous soon enough

the missis cause by the overload of fuel. since your not boosting at idle but you dumping alot of fuel for it the plugs foul up.

the leak im not sure what you talking about wether it be a vaccum leak or a fuel leak. you said you smell it. it may be all the raw fuel that isnt getting burned but running out the exhaust. makes it smell like a gas station.

putting in the larger injectors might not of helped at all. and be careful about running the car at that AF ratio forlong periods. you will wash out the rings. while boosting the target AFis like 11.5-12.5

but anywho....glad to see it run. atleast it does that.
Old 09-05-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

yea...homo *** tuners lol glad my name out there.
Old 09-05-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
yea...homo *** tuners lol glad my name out there.
I don't really follow this posts, I did not include you so....

But as far as the others go.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gay-GayDar.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	72513  
Old 09-05-2007
Look at me im a supporting member

civicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nice

damn its so funny seeing alpha and his pictures lol
Old 09-05-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

when the hood dropped, i died laughing..priceless
- turbo kit from dezod..soul
- 36 day of effort, and install..tiring
- the crank up andf the hood falling.. priceless..
great work Foo's all this and too top off,, my Coors!
Old 09-06-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

Dude, I obviously do not have boost but the one thing I have learned from this forum is Piggy back set ups are crap. The only way to do this right is with a stand alone. I know this does not help your problem but I think it just helps to explain it. I also feel it is kinda what you are thinking...
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

i would think that since the map sensor should be seeing any boost at idle that it shouldn't throw a CEL and you should be able to check things out, just to make sure they work. however, if they do not, you can be pretty sure there's a wiring fault somewhere.

am i wrong, anyone?
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alpha 5
Dude, I obviously do not have boost but the one thing I have learned from this forum is Piggy back set ups are crap. The only way to do this right is with a stand alone. I know this does not help your problem but I think it just helps to explain it. I also feel it is kinda what you are thinking...
There is nothing wrong with piggybacks. They serve their purpose well. They don't have the abilities that a stand alone has but that doesn't mean they are crap. A lot of people have used piggy backs to run turbo setups successfully. Anytime you do this much work to an engine that wasn't meant for it, you are going to have issues. Its real easy to blame a computer for it, but it could just as well be the wiring, bad sensors, blown fuses, any number of things. Don't just flame piggybacks because you think you know they are crap.
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

lol, love the vids. hope u work out all the bugs asap! looks good man!
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Ok honestly i am now just catching up to this holy grail of a thread. Why was it surging so much on the first start up. You said it was missfiring. What codes are you throwing. If you are using the xfc base map i built then you need to make sure that the wideband signal 5volt is being sent to the XFC.
Also send me a datalog of it idleing and I can see what is going on.
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Alpha 5

MMMM Alpha i have a piggy back system and I put down 205whp and have never had my car in the shop since day one of my turbo install. Its not the systems its the tuners that tune the system. A good tuner will never let a car off the dyno unless the A/F ratio is flatlined across the rpm range.
Good tuners are not cheap cause a dyno jet cost 43grand then add on the cost of all types of tuning software and you can have 60grand tied up like we do here at the shop
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Turbo was spooling the whole time, I just wasn't listening for it.

Hey buds, the only thing is that it shouldn't be dumping a lot of fuel at idle. The target AFR is set to stoich for idle so technically it should be running like normal until I start giving it gas and load, right? Or is this the beginning of a lot of headaches with a piggyback?

Any of you PCS owners out there? How's your idle AFRs?

I'm gonna play with some things tonight. Like I said, what's most worrysome to me is the fact that my ODB scanner won't interface - both with and without the piggyback plugged in - and my tach doens't work. Another question. If I just plug the stock ECU back in (no piggyback) to check tach and OBD, and start it, will I potentially **** things up? This will be with stock injectors and no revving.

Off to work now. Thanks a lot folks, keep it coming.

OK at idle you should be at 15.2 to 14.2 range. Also if your ODB2 port does not work you need check the fuse to the cig lighter. They are tied in together. So make sure that there is nothing tied into the cig lighter. Make sure you have the XFC hooked up right. If it is running rich and throwing map codes you do not have it powered up right. Look at the fuse to the XFC make sure its a 25amp fuse.
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

I stand corrected, I should not have jumped so quickly to blame the piggyback.
Sorry to all those that have a piggyback.....

Now, go fix that **** foos! The new consensus is check the fuses and sensors....
Old 09-06-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WilmncChris
MMMM Alpha i have a piggy back system and I put down 205whp and have never had my car in the shop since day one of my turbo install. Its not the systems its the tuners that tune the system. A good tuner will never let a car off the dyno unless the A/F ratio is flatlined across the rpm range.
Good tuners are not cheap cause a dyno jet cost 43grand then add on the cost of all types of tuning software and you can have 60grand tied up like we do here at the shop
i hate to be rude, but you mention that ypou never had your car in a shop since day one, but you later credit yourself for a 60K dyno that your shop has, therfpre you claim your car has BEEN in the shop...sory
Old 09-06-2007

OK, no pissing contests guys.

Chris, I'll be giving you a ring later after I sort out the things you suggested. Ah **** on it, I'll give you a ring here directly because that's easier.

Good call on the cig lighter fuse. I'll check it, but I have nothing tied in off of it. PCS powers up correctly and is able to datalog. I'll send you an idle datalog here in a about 30 mins as soon as I change the plugs and the injectors back out. PCS has the 25 amp fuse attached and its not blown. I get good comms between the laptop and the unit.
Old 09-06-2007

All right. Just got off the phone with Chris and I'm ready to fix this thing. I also brought home a MIG welder today to learn how to weld this weekend and fix my exhaust.

Back in a bit.
Old 09-06-2007
Ricky Bobby style, IWGF

02civic21 is a jewel in the rough02civic21 is a jewel in the rough02civic21 is a jewel in the rough

damn foos your a stout guy. look like your about to beat the **** outta something. get that thing fixed then put this **** in the diy section!! lol!
Old 09-06-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

i thought u couldnt data log anything? wasnt there sumthing up with the obd thing or does that have nothing to do with it..
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by burke420
i hate to be rude, but you mention that ypou never had your car in a shop since day one, but you later credit yourself for a 60K dyno that your shop has, therfpre you claim your car has BEEN in the shop...sory

OK being technical about it of course it was in the shop to tune it. I do not have a dyno at my house. I know dynos are common at houses but i decided to go with a pool insted of a dyno at my house...
Old 09-06-2007

LOL - I haven't been to the gym in months prior to this week! My buddy and are back at it though. This was "The Summer of Sloth" for both of us!

OBD and datalogging are two different things. Datalogging is a function of the PCS which takes all the readings from the unit which interfaces with the PCS software on my laptop. The ODB port, down by the gas peddle, is where you plug in a scanner to read and clear DTC codes to get rid of the Check Engine Light.

Video of 4th start-up is recoding and will be uploaded soon. Chris has my datalog and basemap to start troubleshooting.
Old 09-06-2007

I think I managed to make it through the whole vid without swearing!
Old 09-06-2007
Registered!!

Hey foos, how was I dropping the property value? LOL

Some of us have nothing better to do than set around and wait for people to post.

So where is vid 4?
Old 09-06-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-06-2007
The World Is Yours!

yeah man, that car is giving you some problems though.. ''least it's running"

Quick Reply: Gonzo.