Gonzo. - Page 23 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-09-2007   #661
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: IT'S RUNNING!!!! Page 40 Video - Speedfoos' Turbo Install

man that engine bay is nice.. that VC is beautiful when u get used to it.. used to be a lil too flashy for me but its grown on me.. just like the Spoon Coil Packs.. mAd HaRdCoRe sTr33T RaCinG Son! Leave em on..Spoon stickers > all other stickers in the horsepower category anyways. nice clean up clint..

hey this is WAYY off topic but im just curious.. how did u come up with the name speedfoos...just wondering.
Old 09-09-2007   #662
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

hey Clint, being in the service, here is something u can appreciate, my mom is part of the qov program(quilts of valor) which, if ur not familiar with, is where people make quilts for injured service people, so that when the are admitted to the hospital(or whatever u call it in the service) they are presented with a lap size quilt, and here is her contribution to the cause

its not done yet but here is her current progress
Old 09-10-2007   #663
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL - we still call it a hospital! That's really nice Adam, tell your Mom thanks from me for what she's doing for GIs. We all really appreciate it!

Good question Jose. My daughter's nickname was tweefoos when she was a baby, and since I'm a car nut, speedfoos just kind of made sense.

I fixed the valve cover I dropped a few months ago so I will be painting it up soon along with a 4th Gen one for a local buddy of mine. I want to have another option (maybe). Or I might just take color requests and sell it.
Old 09-10-2007   #664
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

awesome, nice to hear u got it running right! ur a funny *** guy man...
Old 09-10-2007   #665
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Ok... I have a stupid question... coolant lines to the turbo? I don't have those... nor any port for them to go into in the turbo housing... is it just for certain types of turbos?
Old 09-10-2007   #666
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

^ expensive turbos are water cooled. my $400 t3 super 60 isnt one of those, so dont feel bad.
Old 09-10-2007   #667
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

OK... WHEWWWW.... I thought for a second I had another thing to add to my list in my other thread. Who's Turbo Sucks More?
Old 09-10-2007   #668

Yeah, they extend the life of the turbo a bit by keeping them cooler. But even better (I'm still at work).....

MY BELT ARRIVED TODAY!!!!

WOOHOOOOOO

Old 09-10-2007   #669
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

I hope it is the right one!
Old 09-10-2007   #670
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Here I will do it for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha 5 View Post
I hope it is the right one!
^^^^^^***!^^^
Old 09-10-2007   #671
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

that would suck if it was the wrong belt.. but i think summit is good for theyre ****... hm.. todays another glorious day.. ohh happy dayyy
Old 09-10-2007   #672
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough

so when you gonna bring your car to the states so we can all race you? lol
Old 09-10-2007   #673
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

im actually somewhat sad, smoking some cars knowing u have a sock alternator belt would be honda legend but oh well if a "belt" is what you feel is best then i guess you have to do what you have to do
Old 09-10-2007   #674

I move back to the states next summer, probably the MD area, although Uncle Sam does silly things sometimes...

I gotta finish the lawn (knee gave out yesterday, had to stop) and then finish everything and datalog it at idle once more. Then its out with the oil, off with the VC, check the rod bolts and road test tomorrow!

Back in a bit...
Old 09-10-2007   #675
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Damn foos!!! I been gone a week and you done all that!!! Props on the video
I finally got my turbo ripped out last weeked and got all the bolts tighened back up, all gauges working, new welded pan on, and new -AN fittings on return looks sick! However my dumptup does not clear my oil return, back to the welder...

I tried installing the customer SS radiator hose but it leaks like a son of a bitch!! Do not get those!!! OMG they suck! I had 5 clamps on it and it would still not seal @ idle!!! I didn't dare drive it. So I have the stock hose repositioned so that it does not kink not barely touch my intercooler piping.

My coolant pushing problem works for two days then acts up again. I took her on a 3 hour highway drive and It never overheated. Blowing 38 degrees a/c all the way too I now know I need an oil cooler. Oil temps are @ 210 after driving around awhile. My temps on the way back got to 240 degrees!! Yikes!!! It was 105 that day. She made it but when I got back into town the overflow spewed coolant all over the place. It pushed all my coolant out almost!!! How did your hose work out foos?

So I been driving her around the past week with not too many problems. The I give a mustang a go last night and blow my downpipe bolts loose again. I put a sealant compound & lock washers on em and they came loose faster. So I gotta pull it again!!! I don't know what I'm gonna do. This is gonna be a joke if I gotta do this every week! Any suggestions?

What luck huh? My new tranny is here though! I'll post pics after work!!!

P>S -- I seen your post about Catch cans....I have my stock pcv valve drilled out, a line running from the valve to my catch can, then one line into the port on the valve cover. Intercooler piping is dry and she aint blown up. I suppose it's working!!

Last edited by FoSho; 09-10-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2007   #676

Hey man, hose elbow works like a charm. Isn't kinked and where it does touch the IC pipe is where the metal joiner is. No danger of gettin' kinky there. Other parts of the car.....well Civic back seats are too small too.

I was thinking about a new DP while mowing the lawn. What about studding it? Put studs on the discharge side, sure would be easier to hang the DP and not have worry about things lining up. Are you torqueing the bolts down like lug nuts? Up -> Down, then left->Right? That way it seats properly? If all else fails, switch to a V-band.

So your can setup doesn't go into the intake tube at all? Just from block -> can -> valve cover? I suppose that would work even though your head doesn't get fresh air, just the fumey (technical term) stuff from the PCV chamber via the catch can. As long as the air goes out from the PCV chamber and into the VC, it probably doesn't matter.

Anyway, lawn is done I'm headed to the garage!
Old 09-10-2007   #677

Sittin' in the car, about to clear any CELs (new scanner) and upload the new map....
Old 09-10-2007   #678

Hmmm..... Something must crossed in the gauges itself. It did that "No tach, scanner error" thing again even when i changed the ACC feed. Gonna have to troubleshoot the gauge wiring one at a time. Oh well. Boost gauge works. That's all that matters. OK. Gonna start it for sure this time.
Old 09-10-2007   #679
Registered!!

boosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the roughboosted.es2 is a jewel in the rough

foos. what rod bolts did you use? and what did you torque them to? i was looking to buy a set.
Old 09-10-2007   #680

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

fosho, you're pushing coolant? thats a head gasket my friend.
Old 09-10-2007   #681

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuJaK.3 View Post
oil/water cooled turbos do not need a turbo timer or cool down time, oil cooled turbos however do.

are you sure your t3 super60 doesn't have water cooling lines? I swear they came with it...
am i sure? im on my second one. t3 soup 60's are not water cooled. they have ports for oil feed and oil drain and the rest of the center section is solid. it doesnt even have freeze plugs where water lines 'might' go.
Old 09-10-2007   #682

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:16 AM.
Old 09-10-2007   #683

I'm on completely stock internals right now man.
Old 09-10-2007   #684
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

Quick question about turbos. So the air that comes out of the exaust manifold and would be headed out of the exaust is interupted or redirect towards the weird snail turbo compressor? Right? What exactly does this weird snail turbo compressor do? Why can't the air be put directly in the motor?
Old 09-10-2007   #685

Hmmmm. CEL after the octane booster. Better check what it is.
Old 09-10-2007   #686

Hmmm. Random misfires 300-304. That's not good.
Old 09-10-2007   #687

Codes erased, didn't come back.

Turbo in a nutshell. Exhaust from the engine enters hot side of turbo, spinning blades of turbine as it goes by on it's way out the *** of the car. On the compressor side there is another set of blades attached to the turbine which - spun by the force of the air going through the hot side - suck air in, compressing it and forcing into down the gullet of the TB and IM through the intercooler.
Old 09-10-2007   #688

Strange. Can't get the coolant fans to kick on. May have to run a manual switch until I figure it out.
Old 09-10-2007   #689
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light

Check your plugs, if your fans are not turning on you will need to see if you have air in the lines from tapping into the coolent system. Your Misfire codes are more than likely from your plugs
Old 09-10-2007   #690

Rgr.

Closed Thread