Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Old 09-25-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fixin' the Blown HG (Pg. 59) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thread!!

Well Jose, the great thing about Honda (and most manufacturers) is that their sensor clips are individually shaped. In otherwords you can just dive in and start unplugging ****, and when you put it back together, just follow the loom till it terminates in a clip and the sensor will be within a few inches.

I went with an aftermarket HG FoSho. Picked up two of them on Ebay for $50. Look just like my old OEM one. We'll see how it performs. If it pops again I'll order a Cometic as I should have my PnP head fixed and ready to go by then.

Did you check your snail mounting bolts where she's on the turbo mani? Between those and where it bolts up to the head are the only places that would change you DP orientation if they came loose.
Old 09-25-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Wow, well its not to bad... FIX it already lol
Old 09-25-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

A friend of mine has a VW that is running 16psi of boost. He has the BOV so that if dumps the excess right back into the intake, next to the air filter. He said that this way the turbo stays spooled and that it ,sometimes, actually blows air out the filter cleaning the dust out of it. Sounds good to me but I am not a snail man. Just wanted to throw that out there.
Old 09-25-2007

Yeah, they're called recirc BOVs. Boiler runs one on his car, and most factory turbo'd cars run them as well. It also quiets everything down - no more "Ticka-chaw!" when the BOV releases pressure. I'll eventually switch to one, but right now I love the sound. Plus this ball-bearing GT30 spools like a dream so it's not an issue for me.

Yeah yeah Glen, hold your damn horses! Just got home from soccer practice. Gonna throw some food down my gullet, grab a beer and head out to the garage.
Old 09-25-2007
Registered!!

bg0218as is an unknown quantity at this point

good **** clint gotta let me know how to get through this head gasket install gonna order the cometic head gasket and arp's just wanted to know what way your talkin bout is better call me when you get a chance
Old 09-25-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post
Yeah yeah Glen, hold your damn horses! Just got home from soccer practice. Gonna throw some food down my gullet, grab a beer and head out to the garage.
Less time playing football and posting pictures.. more time fixing!
Old 09-25-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-25-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

hoo-ray
Old 09-25-2007
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light

Did you get it dyno'd could you post some dyno sheets? how does it run? sorry for being a lazy ***, I don't feel like going through 60 pages, but was following this when you first started, good job
Old 09-25-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

clint, you're my hero.
Old 09-25-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

i think by not clint is everyones hero lol i kno for sure hes mine
Old 09-25-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

clint, when u goin to 9psi
Old 09-25-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by greeen01civic4d View Post
clint, when u goin to 9psi
I bet a dollars worth of pig lard that he is at 9 by this weekend. And tuned by next.
Old 09-25-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alpha 5 View Post
I bet a dollars worth of pig lard that he is at 9 by this weekend. And tuned by next.
that would be sweet
Old 09-26-2007

Yep. I've got the basemap sittin' on my desktop now just waiting to be uploaded to start tuning it. As soon as it's up and running, Chris and I will start working the tune - me driving and datalogging, him tuning it.

But as far as a dyno goes, I don't know, I'm not too worried about getting one done right away, They're like $150 a run over here, and I've got other things to drop $150 on.

If everything goes as planned with the tune, the first thing I'll be posting is some 1/4 mile time slips from the next track day on 6 October.
Old 09-26-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

who needs a dyno sheet when we have track times haha thats what really matters, wut ur car will do in the real world w.o a fan blowing air into it n keeping it cool, i cant wait foos
Old 09-26-2007
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light

yeah I watched the video, it doesn't look that fast. Let us know how it goes after tuning at higher psi's
Old 09-26-2007

No it wasn't that fast because in the videos the WG wasn't hooked up correctly so I would lean completely out and detonate at about 5200 RPMs. Which is why I'm in the middle of a HG replacement.

I'll have to agree with you there March. I'll dyno it eventually, but it's really more about how fast it can rip down the strip than how much it's putting down at the wheels at this point.

It's cold out. I don't wanna go work on my car....

Last edited by speedfoos; 09-26-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 09-26-2007
Registered!!

It may be cold but your car will run better when it is cold out. Just remember the colder it is the denser the air.
Old 09-26-2007
Registered!!

wow im from south louisiana i cant imagine it being cold already im jus glad its like low 90's high 80's haha
Old 09-26-2007

Bleh. I don't care if my car runs better in the cold. I don't. Makes my lungs hurt and my nose runs.

I'm done.

Got everything put back together, wired up, plumbed in, blah blah blah. The only thing I left to do tomorrow is double check everything, fill up the radiator, and put the lights and front bumper back on. I'm too tired tonight to be sure that I didn't forget to tighten something so I'll wait till tomorrow when I get home from work to do the last little bit.
Old 09-26-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

for a second when i scrolled down to write in my quick reply, i thought the POST REPLY button above that said CLOSED.. wouldnt that just be the end of civicforums.com if this thread got closed out of nohwere LOL thats funny..

i forgot what i was goig to post tho.. probablky something like good job and good luck and cant wait for the next step..yea and i kinda picked up the whole caps lock LOL from this thread too... sorry lol

good luck anyway and hope thats the end of the problems until tuning.. hey..can u explain something?

how does that work.. u drive around for a little bit and log the data, then send it to the tuner and he tweaks it from there, then sends u a zip of what ur map should look now, then u put that into ur ecu (?) and then u go out for another run and etc etc?? u jus keep going on and on until everything is at the best possible.. tweak? i guess i duno... clarify please.. thanks
Old 09-27-2007

That's exactly the process Jose. We tune for different types of driving - from idle, to driving in vacuum, to driving at boost at partial throttle, and then at WOT. It seems to be working well so far!
Old 09-27-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

paypal has been sent clint. thanks for telling me these were available

build looks great too. hopefully me and the mad scientist (justin) wont have to rip apart my block anytime soon due to a headgasket

"The only better looking stud I know is me."

so....corny....
Old 09-27-2007

LOL George - gotta have a little comedy in all these threads of "Search noob!!" and "Dude your car looks like ****, burn those altezzas."

Like I said, I'll drop them in the mail tomorrow for you.

I'm in the middle of tuning for 9 psi right now. Gonna give Chris a call to make sure he stops wrenching on Drew's car to give my tune a little lovin'! Thank God my wireless reaches into the garage!
Old 09-27-2007
Registered!!

hurry up with that tune man i wanna see some slips!
Old 09-27-2007

First datalog is in Chris' hands and I'm just waiting for the new map to clear the hotmail and yahoo servers so I can upload it and run another datalog as he made some adjustments while I was on the phone with him and sent it back. My car is having a couple minor issues with SRT-4s since they flow twice as much fuel as stock. It's going to take a bit of tweaking to get them just right.
Old 09-27-2007

****....hotmail is running slow as ****! I just got the email he sent an hour ago! Grr.........

All right, garage is cleaned up, time to put the headlights, bumper and wheels back on then.
Old 09-27-2007

Another hour later and the tune finally ****ing arrives. ****ing hotmail... uploading and datalogging now.
Old 09-27-2007
Registered!!

Hey foos, weren't you supposed to take pics of something before you put the face back on your car. I don't remember what it was but I thought you where supposed to take pics of something.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gonzo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.