Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Re: It's Rebuild Time- Motor is Out (Pg. 157) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

A trick I do before pulling any motor out
Right away i slack the Damper pulley bolt..

With great success over the years Ive done like 50 times at least..I take the #1 plug out and i make sure the piston is at the bottom then i fill the hole with a nilon rope(yellow shitty rope) the i crank it til the rope compresses and voila their is no more bungee effect on the damper pulley bolt.. the breaker bar is used to its full effect and clack is comes off like butter.....

I do this with all other belts on you know alt, power steering etc etc...

Doing this right at the beginnng saves alot of BS....

Good luck speed ...

cant wait to see it done..

Viper from Canada
Old 06-28-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Good tip man, will have to do that next time.

Just ****ed up a gas ring on piston number 1 and scored the cylinder wall. Yay. Looks like I'm taking the block to the machine shop for a hone, tank, and notch. May as well have them install the Crowers and Wisecos since I don't have any new rings for my old pistons.

I hate this ****ing country. I could just find a set of rings in the states in like a 1/2 hour. Not here. Oh well. At least the bottom end will be built now. Still pisses me off though.

Pics later.
Old 06-28-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

Originally Posted by speedfoos
That sexy manifold goes on as soon as it get in my grubby mitts Michael!

Woot! Crank pulley is off! Impact didn't work, breaker bars did. Never listen to Edwin either. ASE my ***...

lolz dont forget that if you need parts just hit me up and i'll go get them and ship them to you.
Old 06-28-2008

LOL - thanks Edwin. I'm good at this point (I think). Since Honda decided to stop making the Green crank bearings, I am going to have to re-use one half of a crank bearing, but that's all right, they were all in pretty good shape so I just picked the best out of the 4 I had to choose from. I'll post up the rest of the pics from today's shenanigans in a little bit.
Old 06-28-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-28-2008
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about
Re: It's Rebuild Time- Scored Cylinder Wall FTL (Pg. 159) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thre

Great Pictures

Toss that block like a midget and get a K-series!
Old 06-28-2008

Re: It's Rebuild Time- Scored Cylinder Wall FTL (Pg. 159) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thre

LOL Scott! Just for that, there's going to be something extra special in your burger tomorrow!
Old 06-28-2008
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about

lol, but seriously. It sucks the cylinder wall got scored
Old 06-28-2008

Yeah, and Lyndale's wasn't open today so I couldn't even bring the block by to let them get started on it. Now I get to fight through Peterborough traffic in the morning to get there bright and early so hopefully they'll have it done by Wednesday.
Old 06-28-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

Can you replace timing belt without removing the engine?
Old 06-28-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

lol good story. Gay man FTL though
Old 06-28-2008

It's always a frickin' adventure anytime I work on the car. I shouldn't expect anything less.

Yes you can replace the timing belt with the motor still in the car, it's just a little tight to work there on the side is all.
Old 06-29-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

bastard ring compressor! o well.. it was going to the machine shop anyway right?

harbor freight engine stand huh.. I was in there the other day picking up a few things like a test light, micrometer and caliper the other day and saw it and was like whoa.. hmmm...

Will it do the job? I wouldn't want that thing to magically fail somehow and drop the damn motor on the floor..
Old 06-29-2008

I hadn't planned on taking it to the machine shop since I was just going to throw everything back together with the stock rotating assembly and call it a day until I got back to the states, but such is life.

The engine stand is actually pretty decent though Jose. I was a little skeptical when I ordered it, but once it showed up, its pretty sturdy.
Old 06-29-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by speedfoos
I hadn't planned on taking it to the machine shop since I was just going to throw everything back together with the stock rotating assembly and call it a day until I got back to the states, but such is life.

The engine stand is actually pretty decent though Jose. I was a little skeptical when I ordered it, but once it showed up, its pretty sturdy.
Thats good, I might end up picking one up. I'm sure I'll find use for it eventually. Im actually about to pay off my car. Still has tons of little issues and as of right now, its not "sellable". So when I pay it off and get an extra ride (hopefully a bike) ill be able to start fixing the little issues.

There are problems with it that I most likely wont be able to finish one day (random issues, lack of tools, time), so i'll need something on the side to ride in case I cant finish something on the Honda. So until then, I'm just living with the car. No mods or anything planned. I just want to get it back to a completely stock and clean state
Old 06-29-2008
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light
Nice rods

Say Clint, which rods did you go with? As you know I went with the Maxi-Lites. Here's a shot of them next to the stockers.

Old 06-30-2008

I went with their F/I rods. Got them from Bob (dopes6070) on here. You can see the difference in the F/Is and the Maxi-Lites. The Maxi Lites taper near the wrist pin hole where the F/Is keep the same width all the way up.
Old 06-30-2008

Looks like I'm back to doing this **** myself. I got the cylinders honed out today, only cost me $20, but after going to 3 different machine shops it seems that no one in this ****ing country is willing to take my money and follow ****ing instructions. Because it's a Honda and they only work on Ford Cosworths or, I can't fit it in for 5 weeks because I'm going on holiday, or yeah mate, this is a machine shop but I don't have a milling machine.

I ****ing quit.
Old 06-30-2008
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

Look at it this way - the more things go wrong the smarter you'll be in the end. Anyone who just writes a check and has someone else do the work and suffer the headaches hasn't really gained much as a person.

I expect to be a TPS expert over the course of the next week or so. If that didn't **** to bed I wouldn't know much about it. (However, I could be driving my car by now.)
Old 06-30-2008
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

omg so nice to have you back clint.
Old 06-30-2008

This is very true Carl. But there comes a point when you get tired of learning and just want to drive the car for a little bit. The only piece of this car I have not had completely apart is the transmission. Gah. Tired of this right now. After I practice notching my spare block we'll see how I feel. There's a machine shop who said he'd look at my block tomorrow and what he could do, so I may be in luck. I'll found out before anyone on this site wakes up.

Thanks Steve! Although I seem to be caught in an awful flashback from last year's turbo install!
Old 06-30-2008
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

haha eeeuuhh wrong anwser clint,Ill be up
verrry early, maybe before you even know
the answer. hehe
Old 06-30-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Turbos on nonturbo'd engines.....gotta love it....luckily we have honda nonturbo'd engines so we are kinda ahead of the curve (Honda produces the most amount of gasoline engines than anyone else, plus they make robots & a frickin Hondajet!!!!)

No seriously....Clint has hit that point that all of us have hit. Your frustrated, tired, work sucks, & your damn turbo civic just took a dump on you for the 10th time. You just need more hugs from us, a bigger hammer, 6 pack, & 3 hot midgets/monkeys...I mean chicks w/ impacts. You just gotta see past the now and realize your *** is gonna be planted in the seat when you let loose that 300whp+ ......Best thing is to try to get your idiot friends to help, always gets me more motivated if someone else wants to help. But we all know how reliable our friends are...

....if that doesn't cheer you up, you could always go home & cry....now get me a juice box bitch!

Last edited by FoSho; 06-30-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 06-30-2008
This is Myspace

well that sucks..

cheer up Clint, at least your gas gauge works! and you can tell how fast you're going!.. unlike mine

and at least you can loosen the bolts to anything in your car.. unlike me

and at least you... you.. you uh.

Juice box?
Old 07-01-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry to thread jack but does anybody know how much those crower maxi-light rods actually weigh?
Old 07-01-2008
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ I fully support that NA thread jack of a turbo thread.
Old 07-01-2008

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
^^^ I fully support that NA thread jack of a turbo thread.
LOL! I guess what goes around comes around. I keep dropping in on Triz's NA and WTB threads with OT digs at his NA dreams. That's only because I know he wants to go turbo but is too proud to admit that he changed his mind.

I can tell how fast I'm going Jose! 0 mph because my car is in my garage without an engine. Gets great gas mileage now though....

I gots no one here to give me hugs Avery. Momma doesn't get back from Greece until tonight. We were set to do a BBQ and re-install on this past Sunday, but it turned into just a BBQ since the block got dorked up.

Oh well. I slept in this morning so it's off to the machine shop!
Old 07-01-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-01-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

That **** looks legit man!!
Old 07-01-2008

Better be. It's costing me a ****ing arm and a leg. £120 just to notch the cylinders. Guy quoted me at 3 hours of labor to do it. Hopefully it will be less, but that exchange rate is killing me!

Quick Reply: Gonzo.