Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Bearing Replaced, Still Squeals!! Woohoo!! (Pg. 148) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Threa

WATER PUMP, WATER WATER PUMP, WATER PUMP, WATER WATER PUMP. Seriously, send me your address, I have like 3 spares, I will send you one just to fix your problem.

As far as the bottom end, I would at the minimum, have my rods balanced on the big and small ends. Micropolish on the crank never hurt anyone either. Other than that, with an align hone, you should be good to go.
Old 03-24-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
Re: Bearing Replaced, Still Squeals!! Woohoo!! (Pg. 148) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Threa

just becareful with align honing. if the crank moves up or down any, youll have to adjust the position of the trans accordingly.. i learned that the hard way.
Old 03-25-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Jesus that sucks. Didn't know the tranny really had a set "position". Last three times it's been off, I just lined it up on the dowel pins and cranked it down. How do you adjust it?
Old 03-25-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

There isn't a "set" position, per se. You just have to make sure the input shaft lines up with the pilot bearing. What he's saying is that if the whole crank moves up or down (from an align hone), the tranny will have to move up or down with it, as the center of the flywheel bolts where the pilot bearing is will actually move up or down. You'd know if it didn't, you wouldn't be able to get the tranny case within 1/2 inch of the block if it wasn't in there.

Last edited by andyman97; 03-25-2008 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-25-2008

Cool, tks Andy and Edwin. Looks like I might not leave Thursday after all. I'll know in a couple hours. If that's the case, I'll be ordering the new pumps tomorrow.
Old 03-25-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

did you ever fix your power steering?
Old 03-25-2008

LOL - yeah, long time ago. Ordered a new pump spindle and pulley. I still have my homebrew electric pump here that need to fit, but that's low on the list of priorities right now.
Old 03-25-2008
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Bookmark. LOL I am still reading this, just about everyday.
Old 03-26-2008

I'm out until July folks and am locking this thread until I get back since I won't have internet while I'm gone. Catch you peeps later.
Old 03-26-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Re: Closed Until July, See you Peeps Later! (Pg. 150) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

This thread would be a lot more entertaining if left open I would think.
Old 03-26-2008

Re: Closed Until July, See you Peeps Later! (Pg. 150) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Fair enough, as long as it doesn't become a complete spam/OT catcher while I'm gone.
Old 03-26-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Fair enough, as long as it doesn't become a complete spam/OT catcher while I'm gone.
like it isn't already?
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

DaGriz will become famous soon enoughDaGriz will become famous soon enough

Good luck and watch yur topknot!!
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

DaGriz will become famous soon enoughDaGriz will become famous soon enough

Good luck and watch yur topknot!!

Come back safe!!
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Gone Until July, See you Peeps Later! (Pg. 150) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

hey clint well good luck, I am leaving too
this monday; Going to China for work.

peace
Old 03-26-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Gone Until July, See you Peeps Later! (Pg. 150) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

see ya clint have fun..
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

be safe...kill alot of poeple.
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

civic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond reputecivic-driver has a reputation beyond repute

ya be safe foos
Old 03-29-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

be safe bro... talk to you in july!!
Old 05-11-2008

Just had to pop in and say you were right Andy, water pump died last week (Friday)on my Honda when my wife was driving the car (because the truck died on Thursday). Good times. Seems like everything goes wrong when I'm not home. We're thinking about pouring gas all over both vehicles and having a barbeque. Gah. 43 more days until I go home.
Old 05-11-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

43 more days and we'll be here to read up on it.. hope everythings going good (besides the Honda)
Old 05-11-2008
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

is it july yet?
Old 05-11-2008
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

ya'll miss clint that badly? isn't that sweet.
Old 05-12-2008
Turbo Guru

Just had to pop in and say you were right Andy, water pump died last week (Friday)on my Honda when my wife was driving the car (because the truck died on Thursday). Good times. Seems like everything goes wrong when I'm not home. We're thinking about pouring gas all over both vehicles and having a barbeque. Gah. 43 more days until I go home.
Another one bites the dust! Damnit, when will people listen to me
J/P man, for real though, LISTEN! Hope ur enjoying ur time off, I'm uber jealous.
Old 05-13-2008

Time off....working 7 days a week isn't exactly time off. That's what 30 days of leave is for when I get back!

Not too worried about the Honda though. All my rebuild parts except 3 back-ordered bearings are waiting for me when I get home. Got all new bearings, plastigage, water and oil pumps to go with the Crowers and Wisecos. I'm giving myself 9 days for the whole process. Three days for teardown and prep. Three days at the machine shop for honing, skimming and a hot tank, then three days back at my house for assembly and install. Was a good excuse to buy a whole grip of new tools too!
Old 05-13-2008
Registered!!

7thgen_vic will become famous soon enough

good to hear from you bro! good to see your project going in the direction you originally planed =) unlike me...
Old 05-14-2008

Heh Nick, there are only two things keeping this project going. Money and my stubbornness to make it work!
Old 05-15-2008
Turbo Guru

I'm tellin ya bro, get that kpro in there, have it tuned by a good tuner and smile as your issues begin to fade away

I have never loved being able to drive my car everyday more than I do now.
Old 05-15-2008
Registered!!

7thgen_vic will become famous soon enough

Heh Nick, there are only two things keeping this project going. Money and my stubbornness to make it work!
I have faith in you brother! So you back for good now? lol, did you see where i was selling your wastegate spring? (no it doesnt come with clints signature, so DONT ASK!) (im keeping it...)

Old 05-16-2008
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

dono' how you can spend so much time away from home, I'd die.

Quick Reply: Gonzo.