Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Re: It's Rebuild Time- Scored Cylinder Wall FTL (Pg. 159) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thre

keep up the fight!
Old 07-01-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: It's Rebuild Time- Scored Cylinder Wall FTL (Pg. 159) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thre

Momma didn't raise no quitter, Tom. It will be worth it in the end.

New rings are en route. Again folks, remember one thing. Never listen to Edwin or Andy...
Old 07-01-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Well for that price I bet it is legit.....you get what you pay for....he's gonna spend some time on that thing.
Old 07-01-2008

I hope so. Another $120 on rings just went down the drain too. I wonder what the assembly is going to run me....
Old 07-01-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Momma didn't raise no quitter, Tom. It will be worth it in the end.

New rings are en route. Again folks, remember one thing. Never listen to Edwin or Andy...
One time I listened to Andy and woke up the next morning in a bathroom stall in Perth Airport (Western Australia) with a broken broom handle and a case of bloody butt.
Old 07-01-2008
Registered!!

7thgen_vic will become famous soon enough

so whatcha gonna crank up the boost to when the pistons are in =)
Old 07-01-2008
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bomerman19
sorry to thread jack but does anybody know how much those crower maxi-light rods actually weigh?
My notes say 457 grams. I did not actually weigh them.
Old 07-01-2008

Whatever it takes to reach 400whp on pump gas, Nick!

Originally Posted by Rufus
One time I listened to Andy and woke up the next morning in a bathroom stall in Perth Airport (Western Australia) with a broken broom handle and a case of bloody butt.
Did he tell you it was Aborigines too?
Old 07-01-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

^LOL WTF? That's it, you're both cut off. No more WacArnold's!

Next time I get asked why a tranny is squealing when the car warms up or why an engine is overheating or see you wanting to reuse rings, all you get is a

Last edited by andyman97; 07-01-2008 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-01-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by andyman97
^LOL WTF? That's it, you're both cut off. No more WacArnold's!

Next time I get asked why a tranny is squealing when the car warms up or why an engine is overheating or see you wanting to reuse rings, all you get is a
Ya that's what landed me in Australia guy. BTW I have your broom handle.
Old 07-01-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's a great chop.

Beware the gay tag team:

Last edited by andyman97; 07-01-2008 at 03:55 PM.
Old 07-02-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

foos what clutch are u going to be using for 400whp lol .. i think u can reach that with ~20psi what do u think? man, i wish i had the tools and capability to do half the things ur doing myself good for u .. i jus think about the experience and how much im learning out of all this rather then figuring out how much money i spent i honestly must say i love the d17
Old 07-02-2008

Yay. Transmission went on the Blazer last night on my way to pick up my wife from the airport. I no longer have reverse or overdrive. I'm so happy I could spit.

We'll see on what it takes to reach 400 man. I haven't purchased my new clutch yet, but I know the little Exedy I have won't be able to take it. Comp clutches are out for sure though since they seem to fall apart on people.
Old 07-02-2008
Turbo Guru

Clint, I only have two words: Action Clutch

I'd suggest the 6 puck unsprung, it actually isn't bad at all, pretty comfortable once you get used to it. There are dealers on H-T.
Old 07-02-2008
I'll flip out and kill people.

modoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questionedmodoman should not be questioned

Originally Posted by andyman97
Next time I get asked why a tranny is squealing when the car warms up
that's easy... you left him under the hood!
Old 07-02-2008
Premium Member

DOh!

Ya stay away from Compettition Clutch, I'll show you a pic of mine if you want. If Unsprung didn't have such a bad rep for being a bitch to drive, and hard on trannys, I'd get one. As for now, I'm rocking an ACT disc good for 236 ft lbs of tq. I like this disc WAY more than my CC 6 puck and it has the same engagement point. Still, it's MUCH smoother. Plus my CC was glazed like a ****.
Old 07-02-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 07-02-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
^^^ I fully support that NA thread jack of a turbo thread.
LOL NA FTW!

Originally Posted by sql_civic
My notes say 457 grams. I did not actually weigh them.
sweet +1 for the info just weighed the stockers got about 425 grams on my little cooking scale. Ahhh, (sigh) it would be nice but it's kinda pointless for N/A it would be smarter to just spend the money on PnP and have them fill in the combustion chamber to get a higher compression, Or attempt the gx pistons.
Old 07-02-2008
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

That clutch looks just like my sons but his dont have the springs in the center hub
Old 07-03-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

the action clutch is really nice the unsprung is awkward at first and takes some getting use to but once you get it down it's addictive! If I didn't have to parallel park every day up and down hills in Alexandria traffic and have to move my car every 2 hours to keep one step ahead of the parking ****'s. I would already have a the action 6 puck unsprung in my car. The engagement and the grip is so awesome. mmmm! good stuff
Old 07-03-2008
Turbo Guru

Yeah Clint, go action, 6 puck unsprung, all the way. Trust me, you'll need it, and it really isn't bad. It's ****ing awesome when you slip that fugger and it never heats up on me. I recommend their chromoly flywheel to go with it. They go together very nicely.
Old 07-03-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

im lookin to upgrade my clutch as well .. and although im building my car, it is going to be a daily driver ~3-4 hours / day driving .. thru snow and rush hour .. would the 6 puck unsprung cause a headache .. it says not for street use, could i use it anyway? or would u guys recommend another clutch for a DD 300whp
Old 07-03-2008
Turbo Guru

I use it everyday in DC traffic. It isn't that bad and is a completely reliable clutch. I couldn't break mine no matter how hard I tried.
Old 07-03-2008
Registered!!

+1 .. im going with this clutch too .. jus read that it could be stressful on the tranny but that could always be a myth ..u don't think its too much to get the 6 puck unsprung for a ~220wtq car? where is the best place to buy this from?
Old 07-03-2008
Turbo Guru

Do I think it's too much? No, I think it's just right. Even when I was only at 250 whp, I still used this clutch. As stated, there are dealers on Honda-Tech.
Old 07-03-2008
Registered!!

arite good stuff foos, i hope my questions helped u out a lil bit too seeing as how u need a clutch .. jus to drop an extra 2 cents.. i read and read, ACT 6 puck is actually a really durable clutch and anyone who has it for DD says its so easy to get used to it... and people have been running it for 2 yrs no problems.

the only thing .. what does a unsprung feel like as apposed to a sprung .. is there any difference in pressure? petal ? i have no clue lol
Old 07-03-2008

ACT is different than Action clutch. Don't get the two confused.

Good stuff Andy, I'll take your recommendation on the unsprung then. Nothing wrong with a massively over-developed left calf muscle anyway!

Picked up the block today. Looks like they did a good job. Gonna wash it out soon and post a pic later. I've got family in town for the next two weeks so car stuff and forums are taking a back seat. Plus we're going to Ireland on the 7th for 5 days. Pics later!
Old 07-03-2008
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

you guys think an unsprung would have a longer life expectancy then sprung hub?

Last edited by 02BLKCIVIC; 07-03-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 07-03-2008
Registered!!

damn ... i was reading about the ACT the wholoe time lol .. the 6 puck unsprung ... some good reviews .. lol there are so many damn clutches out there

Last edited by emjay; 07-03-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 07-03-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Gonzo.