Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Rebuild Time - First Startup Vid on Page 167!!! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
A capfull isn't that bad though really. As long as she doesn't push or pull any more coolant, you won't have to torch it and claim the insurance on it.

Maybe your car just likes coolant.
that makes me think of your gatorade bottle and with the coolant and now fosho's car thinks that his coolant is gatorade....his car's in it to win it!
Old 07-31-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Rebuild Time - First Startup Vid on Page 167!!! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

A capfull isn't that bad though really. As long as she doesn't push or pull any more coolant, you won't have to torch it and claim the insurance on it.

Maybe your car just likes coolant.
that makes me think of your gatorade bottle and with the coolant and now fosho's car thinks that his coolant is gatorade....his car's in it to win it!
Old 08-01-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

^^ double post FTW
Old 08-01-2008
Registered!!

emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough

^^ double post FTW
Old 08-01-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

So I'm fighting my car again. Started it up in preps for tomorrow's inspection and it started idling really high (about 2K) and crappy.

Then it threw a CEL - P0505 Idle Control System - which is caused by a vacuum leak. OK cool, I can handle this. I had used nylon 1/2" NPT barb fittings on the back of the IM, so I switch them out to 1/2" NPT/-6AN °90 fittings, made a couple -6AN lines and replaced them. I rechecked all my vac lines, removed and tightened the TB, cinched down the IM a little more - should have been good.

Started her up, no codes, idling fine at fast idle (about 1100 RPMs). I let her go a little bit and then blipped the throttle to let it kick down. She kicks down to about 800 and then right back up to 2K RPMs and stays there again. Idling fine, just really high, and no codes.

I have no ****ing idea what's wrong.
Old 08-01-2008
Registered!!

damn bro can't believe that shyts happening
Old 08-01-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Try Idle relearn? My car did the exact same thing, shot right up to 2k. I did Idle relearn and it stopped. Just an idea?
Old 08-02-2008

Yeah, gonna try it this morning Avery. Was just beat and frustrated last night.
Old 08-02-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

just a suggestion, might sound too straightforward... check the PCV valve connection from the intake manifold and the block as well. i heard a bad/clogged pcv can cause idling problems. oil catch cans can prevent this from happening.
Old 08-02-2008

PCV was removed and a brass nipple put in its place. Intake manifold is not stock. I have an oil catch can. Thanks though.

Still ****ing idling high for no ****ing reason. Runs great although my clutch is slipping now and she breaks loose in third at about 9 psi. That's not a problem, that's a horsepower side effect.

I'm going back to the inspection place (was busy, had to come back) and once the car cools down, I'm going to pull the intake mani off, put the stock one back on and see what it does.
Old 08-02-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

hmmm...Well it may very well be the intake manifold. You are putting alot more air down her throat. Maybe it's the piggyback fighting w/ the stock ecu. We have speed density...so I'm sure all those stock sensors are freakin out. Has anyone else installed a JDMfabtech w/ a piggyback?
Old 08-02-2008

Good guess Avery, I thought the same thing, but that wasn't it. I pulled the JDM IM off and put the stocker back on. While it wasn't as bad, the idle is still ****ed, still throwing a P0505, and generally unpleasant. I have a sneaky feeling I didn't get away as cleanly as I thought when that timing tensioner slipped.
Old 08-02-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

IAC Valve?
Old 08-02-2008

No, don't think so.

I swapped back to the stock IM, and after remembering to loop my BOV and EVAP vac lines on the block (they were extra when switching to the stock IM), I was able to get a decent (for my piggyback) idle at about 800 RPMs. This was a good sign.

I'm sitting in the car now after re-installing the JDMFIM (jdmfabtech intake manifold) and I've got a decent idle again. I was able to cinch the FIM down to the injector plate outside of the vehicle this time and get it installed and things seem to behaving.

At 800 RPMs I'm getting about 15.1 AFR with a 2-3% positive ST fuel trim correction which is pretty good. AFRs are a little flaky, but the idle is stable and low without dying. This is very good.
Old 08-02-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

awesome glad your working out the kinks!
Old 08-02-2008
Registered!!

things look like they are going up for you bro!!
Old 08-03-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about

I see you are given your baby a nose job, sweet stuff. Are the junk yards around here reasonable about their prices?
Old 08-03-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

That rear main is a pain. It's not a bad job to change but hard to get to.

Did your clutch get oil soaked?
Old 08-03-2008

I think the ends of it got a little bit on them Carl. I doused the clutch in acetone and scrubbed it, so it's as good as its going to get. She's slipping under full boost anyway because it's not strong enough so it's not that big of a deal if it did get contaminated since I need a new one. Hope that bracket gets here soon, my alternator bolt was almost all the way backed out!
Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

hey clint they got the ep3 steering wheel out there... i can't find a damn junk yard out here for shyt... but at the same time i'm not looking that hard right now, with the wedding and all coming up.
Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Did you lube that rear main seal before you put it on the crank? Make sure there is plenty of oil on it before you install it. The initial start will often kill a dry seal. You probably already know this but I figure I'd toss it out there incase others need to change out any seals.

BTW I have piggybacked all kinds of different manifolds and never had one CEL. The only way one would cause idle problems is if it were broken somewhere.
Old 08-03-2008

Yeah Gerry, it had a vac leak that I found and fixed, so it's good. Good looking out on the rear main, but Honda actually lubes them from the factory! Surprised me when I took it out of the package that there was already a nice little bead of grease around the inside of the seal.

I'll look Jay and see what I can find. They do wreck them all the time. Once I find one, I'll get you a price.
Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

Good looking out on the rear main, but Honda actually lubes them from the factory! Surprised me when I took it out of the package that there was already a nice little bead of grease around the inside of the seal.

Ya I know! I put some custom lube on it for you before it left Honda
Old 08-03-2008

Thanks Avery it was delicious.

I think I figured out the actual cause of my problems though. MAP sensor just went **** up. Threw a P0107 yesterday while I was adjusting the idle of the JDMFIM and died. I thought it was just a random code associated with my piggyback. Well......when I can get the car started it runs like absolute ****. This kind of makes sense with all the idle/vac/pressure issues I've been having for the MAP sensor to going going gone. Gonna pick one up tomorrow and see if that works.

Car is back together though so that's at least something.
Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah most companies lube them. I still put oil on them anyway. I cant stand doing things like that twice, hehe.
Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

What map sensor you running? Hondata has a plug & plag 4 bar but it's $140 bucks!!
Old 08-03-2008

It will work with the stock ECU until I get kpro though? If so, I'll buy it since I will need it anyway.

I hear you Gerry. Like Carl said, replacing the seal is a piece of cake, getting to it is a real sonofabitch!
Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

Dunno about it working without kpro. Says nothing about it's compatability. Maybe sniper scout can find it for me, lol. Here's the link

http://www.hondata.com/4barmap.html

Ours looks like the k series map sensor.

Quick Reply: Gonzo.