Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Old 11-10-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: It begins again. November 2008 on page 188 - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-11-2008
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Re: As usual. I have fitment issues on page 191 - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

looking good !
Old 11-11-2008

Thanks Tom. I should be able to sort the fitment issues today. Had to stop last night because my daughter's room is right next to the garage, so no cutting or grinding past bedtime!
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Lookin sick, that tranny is blingin black!...I thinkin 300whp will be your way very shortly.

I thought you painted your hot side of your turbo? It's lookin rusty?
Old 11-11-2008

Hot side was painted and it's not rusty at all. I did not paint the CHRA though and that rusted out a little. I'm gonna nip down to Vatzone and see what they have because I don't want my new V-band hotside getting all crappy looking.
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

VHT High Heat.........good ****! I love the matte black finish.
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

Maple50175 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet!
Old 11-11-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough
Re: Die Grinders solve Everything - Page 192 - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

doodie! Fitment issues FTL!
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

Looking dopE!.....The heat treat cooks that paint in well. I love the vht on my turbo and dump. I went through several different paints and that is the only thing that held up to turbo temps...other than pricey jet hot.
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Finally caught up with the thread nice stuff!
Old 11-11-2008
Registered!!

EM2Brande is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be in Fayetnam soon with my subie wagon. You are never on Imports NC so you would not know that lol.
Old 11-12-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Hey Clint whats up? Everything is looking good, I think a page or two back there was a picture with the dump tube just mocked up and for some reason it looked like that frame support or radiator support had been grinded down some more.. now it just looks like an inch of metal is holding it together in the middle..

Is it one of those tricky Ebaums pictures or is that thing being held on by that string of metal?

Also, how do you like those metal strips.. where did you get yours from? Do they hold really well for the wrenches?

Edit: yea the pic is on pg. 190, in the group of pics that you wrapped dump in.. 3rd one down I think.
Old 11-12-2008

Originally Posted by FoSho
Looking dopE!.....The heat treat cooks that paint in well. I love the vht on my turbo and dump. I went through several different paints and that is the only thing that held up to turbo temps...other than pricey jet hot.
Yeah, I had the DEI stuff on my old 4-bolt hot side and after a year it was still holding up just fine.

Originally Posted by bomerman19
Finally caught up with the thread nice stuff!
Thanks Paul! Been a little busy since I got back from Andy's.

Originally Posted by EM2Brande
I will be in Fayetnam soon with my subie wagon. You are never on Imports NC so you would not know that lol.
LOL - too many forums to keep up on man!

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
Hey Clint whats up? Everything is looking good, I think a page or two back there was a picture with the dump tube just mocked up and for some reason it looked like that frame support or radiator support had been grinded down some more.. now it just looks like an inch of metal is holding it together in the middle..

Is it one of those tricky Ebaums pictures or is that thing being held on by that string of metal?

Also, how do you like those metal strips.. where did you get yours from? Do they hold really well for the wrenches?

Edit: yea the pic is on pg. 190, in the group of pics that you wrapped dump in.. 3rd one down I think.
My old raddy support had that big notch cut in it to clear how I had the WG run before. I also removed the stock vertical center support and made a removable tubular support to make getting the turbo/mani assembly in and out a lot easier. I won't have to notch the new raddy support, but I will run a removable center support again.

As far as the mag strips go, my wife used to manage a kitchen store and we got them from there. I really like them. They don't do a good job holding the big stuff like 1/2" ratchets and long 1/2" extensions, but for everything else they do a great job.
Old 11-12-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by speedfoos
My old raddy support had that big notch cut in it to clear how I had the WG run before. I also removed the stock vertical center support and made a removable tubular support to make getting the turbo/mani assembly in and out a lot easier. I won't have to notch the new raddy support, but I will run a removable center support again.

As far as the mag strips go, my wife used to manage a kitchen store and we got them from there. I really like them. They don't do a good job holding the big stuff like 1/2" ratchets and long 1/2" extensions, but for everything else they do a great job.
Yea I remembered that you cut the notch in the support before, but didn't realize it was that big

I hear the mag strips are great.. I'm thinking about getting them to lay inside a couple drawers in my tool box, for holding wrenches in place mostly.. so they're not just sliding all over the place, thanks man
Old 11-13-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey clint let me know how that paint on the trans works out for you im interested to see how the paint holds up to the heat trans cause I know the trans can gets hot and the clutch gets really hot.

also a note on the action clutch the paint on the pressure plate has a flash point on it so once it hits the flash point it will start to smoke a lot and then it will go away and the next time you take of your trans the pressure plate will be a different shade of orange/red
Old 11-13-2008
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

Is that an old Stafford mani? It was probably made around a "B" cover instead of an "E"
Old 11-13-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 11-14-2008
Registered!!

Oh you used the same paint on your calipers, if holds up on the calipers then damm never mind my concern
Old 11-15-2008

Buh bye.

Old 11-15-2008
Registered!!

ChemicalBoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I Hate UPS Drivers - Page 192 - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

That f-ing sucks
Old 11-15-2008
Registered!!

Holy **** man!! I would be livid! I love the progressive pictures, haha...at least your wife was checking on it! The best part is the people who lived there didn't care they had a star wars convention in the driveway....people suck! The least UPS could do is give you a free juice box!

Last edited by FoSho; 11-15-2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: my recreational habits are not helping.....
Old 11-15-2008

Originally Posted by ChemicalBoom
That f-ing sucks
Tell me about it...

Originally Posted by FoSho
Holy **** man!! I would be livid! I love the progressive pictures, haha...at least your wife was checking on it! The best part is the people who lived there didn't care they had a star wars convention in the driveway....people suck! The least UPS could do is give you a free juice box!
Dude, I would kill for a juice box right now.

Well, here's some stuff that arrived yesterday. The rest of my v-bands:

And most everything from the Ton-ton.

Hinges and bumper fillers.

The raddy cradle. You can see in the second picture where it got bent.

It was easy enough to unbend though. I decided to see how hard it would be to get the old cradle out. While it was tedious, it was not that hard. You have to drill out all the spot welds and then use a chisel finish the job.

Here's a start.

See. Drillin'. But not all the way through. That's where the chisel comes in.

Going......

......going.....

.....gone! Took me about an hour to get the cradle all the way off.

Then I decided I need to freshen up the paint in the bay so I taped her off and got to spraying.

Done.

I'm gonna eat some lunch and then check the hood and the bumpers like I was originally going to before I got distracted.
And I'm calling you a UPS driver for mispelling scene!
Old 11-15-2008

Yeah, I'm beat. I got some more stuff done after lunch.

The primer dried while I ate and was ready to shoot - well, rattle can.

Who's car?

My car.

Instead of watching the paint dry, I unwrapped my bumpers and hood. The hood was fine and I didn't take any pictures of it. Well, bumpers are fine too, but I took pictures of them!

04-05 hawtness.

Since momma was out shopping, I decided to sneak into the kitchen to cook up some yummy treats....

Then the mail lady came and delivered some aluminum goodies to me. I may get the lugs anodized or powdercoated a different color since they are a little scuffed up, but muchos grassy-*** Adam!

Then I got Steve's toys ready for him whenever he finally makes it down to North Carolina to pick them up. I've got another shot glass laying around for you as well Steve. Just gotta find it.

And I decided to start on my drop-out cat. Got the welds almost all the way done before the welder ran out of wire and I ran out of energy. I have more welding wire, but won't have any more energy until tomorrow.

Now it's time for a beer and some Rock Band 2! My band name is "The Mandangos". My daughter and I are better than all of you.
Old 11-15-2008

Buh bye.

Old 11-16-2008

Buh bye.

Old 11-16-2008
Registered!!

Nice!
Old 11-16-2008
You VTEC...I-VTEC
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

sniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of lightsniperscout is a glorious beacon of light

lucky bastard with those uk tails
Old 11-16-2008

Originally Posted by bomerman19
Nice!
Thanks Paul!

Originally Posted by sniperscout
lucky bastard with those uk tails
Talk to that man right above me. Rumor has it, he's headed over to the isle of bad food and good beer in the not-so-distant future.
Old 11-17-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gonzo.