Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Page 210 = The New Project!! -The Speedfoos' 383 Stroker thread!!

Im sure you will do awesome things with that car. I also LOVE horizontal speedo. My dads 69 Ford E100 has one like that too. Congrats on the find Clint!
Old 03-03-2009
Registered!!

joe6680 will become famous soon enoughjoe6680 will become famous soon enough

Did you keep anything from your civic? I'd be interested in the rear bumper if you still have it. If not no biggie.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Well, you will have the opportunity to buy one now!
Haha... I appreciate the offer but I don't think my civic is wide enough to fit that bad boy in there.
Old 03-04-2009
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FoSho
omg...I've been gone too long. First thing I see when I click on the thread is your car cut in half. What a shocker......sad stuff bro. My car is still down awaiting a tune if that makes you feel better, my brand new nittos probably have flat spots in em

BTW....that ****in d21 nissan is hot!! Z24i power baby....yall don't know **** about JDM till you rock a hard body!
I keep telling you Avery, it's the KA24 cast iron lump in mine. Go get me a juice box.

I am much happier now that the Civic is gone actually. This is going to be a fun project.

Originally Posted by dopes6070
Im sure you will do awesome things with that car. I also LOVE horizontal speedo. My dads 69 Ford E100 has one like that too. Congrats on the find Clint!
Thanks Bob! I took it for a final spin last night with the old motor in it. Raddy leaks, brakes and suspension are awful and my door kept opening on curves. She's about to go under the knife.

Originally Posted by joe6680
Did you keep anything from your civic? I'd be interested in the rear bumper if you still have it. If not no biggie.
Thanks
I have a giant FS thread up. It's linked in my sig.

Originally Posted by lordhelmet
Haha... I appreciate the offer but I don't think my civic is wide enough to fit that bad boy in there.
No probs!
Old 03-04-2009
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I'm assuming this build is going to have a lot of custom work done or is there a large aftermarket for swapping 383s into Volvos? What are you using for brakes and all the other stuff you are replacing?
Old 03-04-2009
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

nice new ride. i dont get one thing though.. why did you have to cut your civic into tiny little pieces instead of just selling the whole thing? lol
Old 03-04-2009
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

cause I needed the pieces LOL!
Old 03-04-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by bomerman19
What the heck are you doing with the pieces?
Old 03-04-2009

I'm assuming this build is going to have a lot of custom work done or is there a large aftermarket for swapping 383s into Volvos? What are you using for brakes and all the other stuff you are replacing?
I am undecided on the front brakes because I don't know what kind of front end I am going to end up using. All depends on how much frame "re-configuration" we have to do. It's got a 101.5" wheelbase, so a 2WD blazer frame at 103" will work, or the 107" S10 with some mods done to it. That will give me modern front brakes.

Another option is a MustangII front end, which is what I would prefer. I have a Ford 8.8" rearend with disc brakes that's going in the rear so the Ford frontend is preferable from a wheel shopping standpoint. We'll see once I get the motor out.

Originally Posted by civicsrcool
nice new ride. i dont get one thing though.. why did you have to cut your civic into tiny little pieces instead of just selling the whole thing? lol
Because the whole thing was worthless after being gutted and the front end parted out to Paul and Danny.

Originally Posted by bomerman19
Big boy Lego set.
Old 03-04-2009
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Big boy Lego set.
I'm using the firewall to mock up my firewall for the RHD conversion that I am doing like clint said big boy lego's hehehe
Old 03-04-2009
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats one thing I like about hondas You cant really screw up putting one together as long as you dont force things haha.
Old 03-05-2009
Registered!!

I am undecided on the front brakes because I don't know what kind of front end I am going to end up using. All depends on how much frame "re-configuration" we have to do. It's got a 101.5" wheelbase, so a 2WD blazer frame at 103" will work, or the 107" S10 with some mods done to it. That will give me modern front brakes.

Another option is a MustangII front end, which is what I would prefer. I have a Ford 8.8" rearend with disc brakes that's going in the rear so the Ford frontend is preferable from a wheel shopping standpoint. We'll see once I get the motor out.
Thanks, that brings me up to speed on a lot of your plans. I'm in for the future build. Don't remember if you stated this elsewhere but what kind of transmission are you going to run?
Old 03-05-2009
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

ewww....it's a KA24DE? Dude, I am so more JDM than you! I even got the JDM "twinkie" yellow paint job and it's only got 76,000 beotch.....you go get me a juice box

btw...I dont know **** about old cars...wtf is that new car?
Old 03-05-2009

Thanks, that brings me up to speed on a lot of your plans. I'm in for the future build. Don't remember if you stated this elsewhere but what kind of transmission are you going to run?
I will be running the 6-spd manual Corvette ZF tranny that is coming with the matching engine some time next week.

Originally Posted by FoSho
ewww....it's a KA24DE? Dude, I am so more JDM than you! I even got the JDM "twinkie" yellow paint job and it's only got 76,000 beotch.....you go get me a juice box

btw...I dont know **** about old cars...wtf is that new car?
My JDM clutch master cylinder failed me today and I'm TDY to Georgia, good times and cab rides all around.

I had never seen one of these cars before either man. My buddy saw it a month ago on Ebay and pointed it out. It was just fate that it was back up for sale when I was parting out the Civic. It's small 4-door sedan that weighs 2400 pounds - which is less than an EM2. She should scoot with 464 ponies going to the rear wheels!
Old 03-06-2009
You bought a used dog??

def01tones will become famous soon enough
Re: Page 200 = Almost done - Again -The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!! Post #3095

It is for the EKs.

But I can't get it running and I give up. Part out thread in the FS section.
^^^From one post the thread went from an awsome source of info, to just total ****.
Old 03-06-2009
Registered!!

I will be running the 6-spd manual Corvette ZF tranny that is coming with the matching engine some time next week.

My JDM clutch master cylinder failed me today and I'm TDY to Georgia, good times and cab rides all around.

I had never seen one of these cars before either man. My buddy saw it a month ago on Ebay and pointed it out. It was just fate that it was back up for sale when I was parting out the Civic. It's small 4-door sedan that weighs 2400 pounds - which is less than an EM2. She should scoot with 464 ponies going to the rear wheels!
Psh... 464 whp is nothing. I hear those D17s put out 500 whp...
Old 03-07-2009

Originally Posted by def01tones
^^^From one post the thread went from an awsome source of info, to just total ****.
That's mildly amusing. You fight with a car for two years and sink buckets of money into it only to have problem after problem and then see how long it takes you to throw in the towel and move on to a new project.

Psh... 464 whp is nothing. I hear those D17s put out 500 whp...

LOL - but this is NA baby on a stock (mostly) bottom end!
Old 03-13-2009
Registered!!

Apollyon02ex is an unknown quantity at this point

ugh can we hear an update?
Old 03-13-2009
Registered!!

I think the US Military sent him to Georgia for the week just so he can't give you an update.
Old 03-13-2009

Yeah, I've been doing nothing but ordering parts while I'm in Georgia. Nothing has arrived yet, but I'm home for the weekend and plan on doing some teardown on the car. Pics will follow as usual.
Old 03-14-2009
Registered!!

Apollyon02ex is an unknown quantity at this point

good to hear the thread hasn't died I'm very excited to see this car in the making
Old 03-15-2009

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-19-2009
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about

Did you put Civic seats in Piggy? Lol, move on! j/k
Old 03-19-2009

Yep, those are EM2 seats! Very comfy. Much better than the old bench seat.
Old 03-21-2009

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-24-2009
Registered!!

OpTiCaL is an unknown quantity at this point

i see page 213, but i cant click it!!!! i wonder if this thread reached max size?!

oh yeah, nice ride man!
Old 03-24-2009

Buh bye.

Old 03-24-2009
Premium Member

looks like your making some good progress. At least the frame and all that is in good shape the floor is pretty easy to take care of.
Old 03-24-2009

Buh bye.

Old 03-25-2009
Registered!!

mmmmmm! toast!

I like your decision

that sawzall looks like it's coming in pretty handy

and is that a hoist I see

If you didn't run to a problem like having to lose the front end then it would not be a Foos worthy project

Quick Reply: Gonzo.