Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Day 8 of Install (pg 10)- Speedfoos' Turbo Install

Because it didn't have any.
Old 08-11-2007
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

air changes directions easier than liquids so any oil particles will hit the baffle and drop to the bottom of the catch can while the air goes to the turbo inlet.

I just threw in some coarse steel wool pads in my GReddy catch can to act as a baffle
Old 08-11-2007

Yep.

Was gonna do steel wool as well, but since its now a (re)sealed catch can, I wouldn't be able to change out the steel wool when it rusts without cracking open the can again.
Old 08-11-2007
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Yep.

Was gonna do steel wool as well, but since its now a (re)sealed catch can, I wouldn't be able to change out the steel wool when it rusts without cracking open the can again.
Yea.. I noticed that taking a second look at your catch can. The one I got has a top and bottom secured with 4 hex bolts so replacing the steel wool when I wanted to would be fairly simple. When's the projected end date foos? I know there are a lot of people antsy to see the end result
Old 08-11-2007

Dude, I have no idea when I'll be done!

Looking at my list, I have the following still to do:

- Install the PCS-XFC
- Install boost gauge, water temp gauge (need to test and see if it will run off stock signal wire and sensor)
- route the rest of my vac lines
- install the MBC
- finish up the IC pipes (waiting on couplers)
- install all the gaskets on the turbo assembly
- install wideband
- get exhaust from welder (he still hasn't started it)

Really its a good day's work. I would have done more today, but I got sidetracked by that catch can. Although I got a fair amount done today. I'm gonna go throw some food down my gullet and then I'll post my daily update.
Old 08-11-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

i still dont completely understand why baffles in the oil can...kind of but i think i got it wrong. i searched and no dum dum answeres were found.. ill google it.. anyone wana translate in my terms please do so..

and good job foos that looks liek a pretty good job. i had no idea wat jb weld was until now... i always herd it but never knew wat it was...its jus goo lol
Old 08-11-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
i still dont completely understand why baffles in the oil can...kind of but i think i got it wrong. i searched and no dum dum answeres were found.. ill google it.. anyone wana translate in my terms please do so..

and good job foos that looks liek a pretty good job. i had no idea wat jb weld was until now... i always herd it but never knew wat it was...its jus goo lol
There's gonna be an air/oil vapor mixture coming from the PCV. With no baffles in the can, there's little resistance for the mixture to go to the turbo inlet. Sure, the air/oil vapor mixture still has to do a 180 to go to the turbo inlet, but there's still some oil that can be caught in the stream. With the baffles in place, the oil hits the baffle and gravity takes over sending oil to the bottom. Air, for a lack of better words, bounces off the baffle and continues on to the turbo inlet. What really helps the oil stay at the bottom is the collective mass of the oil. When the oil hits the baffle plate, it collects mass, making it harder for the vacuum the turbo creates to "suck" up. Something along the lines of that. I learned the basics of fluid flow from Navy schooling..
Old 08-11-2007

Re: Day 9 of Install (pg 11)- Speedfoos' Turbo Install

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-11-2007
Registered!!

Buds302 will become famous soon enough

ok so what happens to all the oil? wont the can fill up?
Old 08-11-2007

It shouldn't, but if it does, its got a drain plug at the bottom to drain it, plus the little window thing on the side to tell me if its getting full. Basically I'll check it and drain it (if need be) once a week.
Old 08-11-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

man im loving this! i keep learning stuff!

WHOOT!!
Old 08-11-2007

You and me both Travis!
Old 08-12-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

so, all in all, how much have u actually spent on this install??? or is it too much for u to think about?? seems like uve spent a small fortune
Old 08-12-2007

Yeah its about a couple bucks shy of $6K. I try not to think about it too much.

No update today. Hung around with the fam and worked on my buddy's Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. I want one of those now.
Old 08-12-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

LOL Clint's next 10+ page thread entitled "GOODBYE 7thGEN HELLO RUBICON!"

the 10 pages would be everyone asking why! lol
Old 08-12-2007

Oh no. The Rubicon will be in addition to my current vehicle fleet. It can pull my Civic when it turns into a trailer queen. Which will be never.

I used to have a '78 CJ5 (w/the 4-banger Mitsu engine) and driving this '03 Rubi really makes me want a Jeep again. Since I get a new (to me) car when I get promoted in 2009, I'm still shopping around. I had my heart set on an S2K, but the Jeep is (a little) more practical than a 2-seater roadster and just as much fun to drive. Its just a different kind of fun.
Old 08-12-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

ive had 3 jeeps, and loved em all, not more than my vic, but jeeps are so much fun, just dont get the 3.7, get the old 4.0, ull like it much better, that 3.7 is junk, and the new ones are all really cheap plastic interiors, looks like crap
Old 08-12-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

I love my jeep lots of fun in the mud.
79 Cherokee.
Hey foos I think the Rubi would be a lot of fun for you and theres tons of wrenching fun to have with it and lots of money you can sink in it

Last edited by MURDOCK; 08-12-2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old 08-12-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

someday closer to finshed.. btw, how them leprechauns taste... i needa try them...
Old 08-13-2007

Originally Posted by burke420
someday closer to finshed..
Yeah. I know. It'll get there. This week at some point as there isn't a whole lot left for me to do. I'm back to waiting on my welder and the USPS. I'll do some minor stuff tonight because I'm rebuilding a scooter for my daughter and need to finish that up. Its almost done and I've been neglecting doing some simple stuff on it in favor of working on the turbo.

But I get to drive the Rubi around till the Honda is done! Well, hell. I get to drive it till January when my buddy gets back from Afghanistan!
Old 08-13-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

has the exhaust guy started working on your stuff yet?
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

What where you doing to the scooter? Turbo, NO2, Reverse Glow Gauges, Body kit, I know SPINNERS......

Old 08-13-2007

I don't think he's started Travis, I'm going to swing by and see him tomorrow to see what's up.

I'll post some pics of the scooter later. Its one of those electric ones (the big one not the little one) that we salvaged. I stripped it down and repainted it and have replaced all the guts with new parts.

My couplers arrived today so I can lock the IC piping into place, bolt up the turbo assembly and re-assemble everything. We'll see if I get to it tonight or not. Scooter is first, then car.
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

coool. shouldnt it be the other way around. car then scooter.
Old 08-13-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

car is for dad..scooter for daughter. daughter > dad
Old 08-13-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
Re: Install Day 10 (Pg 12) Bye Bye AC- Speedfoos' Turbo Install

just push a screwdriver into the high or low side service port. dont get your fingers close or they will freeze. its r134a anyway, not bad for the environment. no cfc's.
Old 08-13-2007
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

hahahah ac is not for the weak. Its a must have thing here in Texas!
Old 08-13-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

haha, yeah no doubt.. same here in AL

Good luck with all that foos
Old 08-14-2007
Registered!!

Polo2k4 will become famous soon enough

Who needs A/C when u got turbo? Just open the windows while in boost! Looks good man.

Quick Reply: Gonzo.