Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Install Day 14 (Pg 19) Hood is Cut - Speedfoos' Turbo Install

Your gonna run a stock clutch, why would u do that? Why not upgrade to say the Competition Stage 4 6 Puck clutch?
Old 08-26-2007
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

Just the stock disc with an ACT pressure plate. It engages really nicely. I’ve been running that setup for a while. Cheap and good haha. Puck clutches suck for street driven cars…
Old 08-26-2007
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

It's not too bad because it's sprung. Unsprung clutches are a bitch.
Old 08-26-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL - Jesus FoSho, all that for beatin' up on a POS Camaro! Note to self, "Quit missing 3rd....."

I used exhaust assembly paste on everything, so hopefully I stand less chance of things working themselves loose.

Good info on the clutch setups. I know I'll be replacing this Exedy I put in at some point next year, so I'll tuck both pieces of info into a drawer in the back of my brain.
Old 08-26-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-26-2007
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Install Day 14.5 (Pg 21) Did Stuff - Speedfoos' Turbo Install

Lookin' good, Clint!
Old 08-26-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Well Drew, I did install a stage 4 CC clutch, 4 puck and yes it was sprung..........My tranny shelled in a week of install!! I will never put such an extreme clutch in! I can't wait to tear this tranny down and see what it did..I'll post so more can learn from my expensive mistakes!!!

Time to go tear down my turbo....I am praying I don't have to move my radiator or condensor again.....I hope she comes out with no problems ( yea right!!!)
Old 08-26-2007

Thanks Carl!

Good luck jerking the snail without moving any of that stuff, FoSho. I know I can't. Well, the condenser doesn't move since it's in a box in my shed, but there are reasons for that...
Old 08-26-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Haha, no luck.......first problem is the shop I took it to get tuned at welded me a dump tube for my wastegate. Well one of the friggin bolts they used looks like an interverted torx bit with rounded edges? WTF i can't get it off!!! Not even with torx sockets??? Also, they must have welded it on the car. I'm gonna have to cut it off and then reweld. These is no way it's coming out. Not to mention it rubs my downpipe & frame on decel because of the limited room in your bays.

So to make a long story short I need a lift and i need to completely redo the install. No way am I gonna get to it....

So I offically have the worst luck in the world!!!!! Yeah!!!! I don't have the time to do it right now so I guess I'll just drive for awhile with an exhaust leak.....My throttle reponse is alittle iffy but she still boosts to 7 psi!!! mwuahahahhah!!

Kill list so far.....
(2) z28 camaro's with bolt on (5.7liters)
(2) Lancer Evo's, one with mods was neck and neck....I completely destroyed the 2nd one(he can't drive)
(1) 5.7 firebird...not the corvette motor
(1) Turbo Sohc D16 civic hatch
(2) 2006 Ford Mustand GT (one had intake and catback)

So in the short amount of time I had the kit on I have racked up a pretty nice kill list.....so It's worth it!!! Seein the look on there face as I chuck the duces out the window and wave as I scream by em. Then they ask what I got and my reponse is "SOHC 1.7L" seeing there draws drop is all worth it!!!
Old 08-26-2007

Dude don't cut the bolt off, those are star sockets like they use on rod bolts, flywheels, etc.... Just pick up a set of these:

Does the WG dumptube rub on the subframe or the radiator crossmember? If it's the crossmember, just grind and bend that bitch out of the way. Basically anything you can to avoid having to reweld your DP and DT.

Those kills were all on the track right?
Old 08-26-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

im back on track clint, after cleaning up all the glass, my welder is gonna work on my downpipe this week. T-bolts never came so im gonna stick with good old worm clamps for now and i didnt get my **** to the powder coater in time, so...blah. i just need boost for now.
Old 08-26-2007

Edwin, I'm gonna be real pissed if your welder gets your downpipe done before mine gets my pre-cat pipe done. Where'd you order the t-clamps from. I got mine from siliconeintakes.com (same place I got the fans and other stuff) and they got here in like a week. Did yours get lost in the USPS ether? Time to find an extra VC to get PC'd!
Old 08-26-2007
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

HAHA I got my t-bolt clamps from siliconeintakes too along with some other stuff.
Old 08-26-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

hey foos i thought that spark plug cover thing wouldve looked alot better black with blue letters.. i thought itd flow better but i guess thats jsut my taste. that silver does look nice tho.. good job.. good updates and look at that 3 little things and u should be set.. right on!
Old 08-26-2007
Registered!!

Foos, Yea man I got those sockets........i have a full set of Snap-On Tools (School does pay off 50% discount!!) They have more teeth!! I'm just gonna cut it and put a regular bolt in.....

Oh and does anyone have any pictures or advice on the bottom radiator hose? I'm gonna fix that while I have my entire front end torn down next weekend (3 day weekend!) Foos, post some pics if that elbow works! I think I just might take the hose off, go down to the parts store, and get a tad longer hose.

P.S. Foos, none of those were on the track

Last edited by FoSho; 08-26-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 08-26-2007
Ultra-Platinum Super Bonus Member

So.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really niceSo.Ill.EM2 is just really nice

Originally Posted by FoSho
Haha, no luck.......first problem is the shop I took it to get tuned at welded me a dump tube for my wastegate. Well one of the friggin bolts they used looks like an interverted torx bit with rounded edges? WTF i can't get it off!!! Not even with torx sockets??? Also, they must have welded it on the car. I'm gonna have to cut it off and then reweld. These is no way it's coming out. Not to mention it rubs my downpipe & frame on decel because of the limited room in your bays.

So to make a long story short I need a lift and i need to completely redo the install. No way am I gonna get to it....

So I offically have the worst luck in the world!!!!! Yeah!!!! I don't have the time to do it right now so I guess I'll just drive for awhile with an exhaust leak.....My throttle reponse is alittle iffy but she still boosts to 7 psi!!! mwuahahahhah!!

Kill list so far.....
(2) z28 camaro's with bolt on (5.7liters)
(2) Lancer Evo's, one with mods was neck and neck....I completely destroyed the 2nd one(he can't drive)
(1) 5.7 firebird...not the corvette motor
(1) Turbo Sohc D16 civic hatch
(2) 2006 Ford Mustand GT (one had intake and catback)

So in the short amount of time I had the kit on I have racked up a pretty nice kill list.....so It's worth it!!! Seein the look on there face as I chuck the duces out the window and wave as I scream by em. Then they ask what I got and my reponse is "SOHC 1.7L" seeing there draws drop is all worth it!!!
how the hell did you beat an evo? those are 300 AWHP with mods.
Old 08-26-2007
Registered!!

Thats what I said. I was off the wall.....the first one had intake,exhaust, & boost controller (not sure what he was running on street.) From a dig he had me by a car until 2nd we were toe to toe until 3rd then we had to shut down. 2nd time on a roll @ 40mph into 2nd I pulled half a car, into 3rd he came back up neck & neck. We never were able to get into top end. I know the guy, he admitted he was trying. He was shocked, so was I! Here's a vid of him running a 13.8 against my buddies b16a built turbo civic....my girlfriend is annoucing the times since my camera can't get the E/T's.... & yes that is a full ITR suspension & wheels!!! Drool on!!!

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...7b017d4a9a.htm

The 2nd evo I'm guessing just couldn't drive. Never seen this dude. Drop into 2nd and I pulled a car immediately and he never could catch me up into 4th. Even from a dig I launched hard and pulled a car again immediately and I kept a car all the way into 3rd. Shocked I was again! He promptly flipped me the bird and turned

See, this is why I wish my camera was working. I knew no one way gonna believe me!!! I don't believe it myself.

Oh back on subject.....anyone know what size our radiator hoses are off the top of there head? My car is at the shop I can't just go measure. I was looking at the Mr. gasket universal radiator hose kit on jegs. I just don't
know what size we got. I believe Speedfoos posted a picture of a similiar product

Last edited by FoSho; 08-26-2007 at 09:14 PM.
Old 08-26-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

nice car, but i cant see the car pull or anything.. comeone man.. get hat turbo in and show off!
Old 08-27-2007

Our radiator hoses are 1-1/8" ID.

I didn't have any blue paint in the garage when I refinished this one. I had thought about blue on black, but finding the right shade to match the anodized stuff would have been a pain. My vac lines being off that little bit on the color bothers me enough.

The turbo is in. I just don't have a belt to keep the car running! Hopefully its waiting for me at the Post Office today!
Old 08-27-2007

Well Jon (mugenman) your co-workers at Autozone's online dept. did it to me again. Supposedly my ****ing alternator belt just shipped today. Yes that's right. Today. I ordered it 2 weeks ago. Now it won't be here until next week. Bastards.
Old 08-27-2007
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

lol i do not associate my self with that place. its a job that barely pays the bills. but its ok i got offered a job in a shop last night and im going to take it :-)
Old 08-27-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Well Jon (mugenman) your co-workers at Autozone's online dept. did it to me again. Supposedly my ****ing alternator belt just shipped today. Yes that's right. Today. I ordered it 2 weeks ago. Now it won't be here until next week. Bastards.

****ing sod that! poor customer service seems to be the trend these days with all the giant retailers they could care less about your business because they have a thousand others lined up. Thats why its nice to support small business they take the time to care about there customers.

Although I gotta say that it adds to the drama, this thread would be boring if all you did was slap a pre-fabed kit on and turned the key.
Old 08-27-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

thats gay.... what a waste.

on a side note... i was messing with sum guy last night in his acura tl...those things haul ***! but i dont think it was his car lol he treated it like a rental... it was automatic and he would gas it, let go, gas it hard, let go.. like a douche... i got destroyed, i just wanted to see wat would happen (I/H/Auto for me)..but then i went up against a little hatch and ate it like lunch by a couple cars... that regained my confidence..and then guess what

HAHA I GOT A F&*CKING SPEEDING TICKET!!!.....35MPH OVER THE FREAKING LIMIT...but im going to fight it..that was garbage..

anywho..bump for update tonight
Old 08-27-2007

The drama?! Yeah, you've got that right. The ****ing car will be labeled as a classic by the time I'm able to turn it over. I wish I could support a small business from over here. God knows I've spent enough to fund the start-up cost for one!

Jon, are you gonna sell me those headlights when you're done with them? I'll trade you 6 ***** of pocket lint, a stock D17 radiator and cap, some blown D17 coil packs, and 2 stock injectors if you're interested. If you want the JB weld that's on the radiator, you're going to have send some cash my way. That's extra.

LOL DSeven - no offense but you got what you deserved on the ticket man! Don't street race and if you do, just smile and take your licks from the cops when they hand you a ticket.

We'll see what kind of update I can do tonight. I'm going to eat and then go load the map to the PCS.
Old 08-27-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Old 08-27-2007
Registered!!

Devani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond reputeDevani has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Install Day 14.75 (Pg 22) Basemap Uploaded - Speedfoos' Turbo Install

it looks so ready to turn on...been reading it since day 1...
Old 08-27-2007

Looking at that last picture makes me realize my oil pressure gauge is a little crooked. Will have to turn that tomorrow. And after reading up on catch cans (thanks again gearbox!), I will be moving mine tomorrow night.

Aside from that damn elbow, belt, and exhaust - it's ready!
Old 08-27-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just gonna pop in here and say that I'm still enjoying reading this thread. It's cool that you've been wrenching as much as possible to get it done. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-28-2007

Had to pick up a buddy from the airport today, so I had some thinkin' time in the car.....

I'll be looking to make sure which pin on my SRT-4 injectors line up with the correct wiring on the D17 and dropping those in probably tomorrow night. I understand enough of the PCS that I should be able to adjust the map so it will idle (map was made for RSX-S injectors), and also be stable enough to start tuning it. This way I can jerk out that .25 BAR WG spring and put my .5 BAR spring back in so I can actually enjoy the turbo at 8 psi instead of 4 psi. Since the base map is set to run rich, I'm not worried about leaning out while we get it tuned.

If anyone knows which wire goes to which pin on the SRT-4s, by all means post it. I'm about to go coach soccer, then I have a brake job, so I won't be able to search (like a raving noob!) until later. A little 60 grit sandpaper and my stock clips fit the SRT-4s like a champ!
Old 08-28-2007
This is Myspace

looks good...soo clossee, keep up the posts foos, thanks!

and yea.. i did get wat i deserved..but the dumb thing was i wasnt racing when i got pulled over.. i was jus speeding a little to go home.. o well.. ill fight it.

Quick Reply: Gonzo.