Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Old 08-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Install Day 13 (Pg 17) Almost Done! - Speedfoos' Turbo Install

I got a question....so I am assuming you went with slim fans with that turbo. I used 2x12in slim fans aswell. My only problem now is that I don't have a proper coolant overflow bottle. I have a plastic dasani bottle with a hole in the cap Just curious what you did with yours? I still can;t find a small enough reservoir to fit. I have about 3 different ones I bought sitting in my garage.

Also, I keep loosing coolant badly. It all goes into my reservoir. It doesn't overheat and it doesn't burn any coolant. I have to add coolant after letting the car cool down because it all goes into the reservoir (expanison of heat) So I ordered a new radiator cap(assuming drain back valve is inop) we shall see if that fixs my problem. My worst fear is the headgasket is starting to leak combustion chamber pressures into my cooling system causing excess pressure to vent coolant into my resevoir!!!
Old 08-20-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

The stock one still fits brother! You just gotta use zip ties to hold it in place since it doesn't bolt up. Once I put it back in I'll snap some pics. Are you still running a stock radiator? I was going to suggest a new cap as well since things are a touch hotter now.
Old 08-20-2007

No real update today, belt still isn't here and the exhaust still isn't done.. Just did some puttering around. Cleaned the garage, reinstalled the oil adapter and feed line (it was off while I dicked around with the turbo), mounted the alternator back on and repainted the PS mount and driver's side engine mount bracket.

I tried to put my Megan strut bar back on again, but it definitely is not going t fit. Oh well, it will go in the post-turbo sale box. So I pulled the strut bar completely off. While I had everything apart, I rubberized the bottom of my Ingall's stiffy mounting plate to help absorb some of the vibration. I'll hit it with a couple more coats tomorrow.

That's about it. I may tinker tomorrow, I may not. I still need to cut the hood to clear the WG, but I have a coach's meeting for my daughter's soccer season tomorrow night, so we'll see if I have time to monkey with it.
Old 08-20-2007
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

BOOO for no updates! :-P haha.. jk man.. I'm just really curious on what it's gonna look like when I get back with my ship.. I fly out to Hawaii to meet up with them tomorrow
Old 08-20-2007

Nice! Back to hot-rackin', p-ways, bulkheads, decks and the ever popular "If you can't eat it or **** it, then paint it!" Have a safe trip brother!
Old 08-20-2007
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Nice! Back to hot-rackin', p-ways, bulkheads, decks and the ever popular "If you can't eat it or **** it, then paint it!" Have a safe trip brother!
haha.. not so much the hot racking.. see, on aircraft carriers, we get our own ****. and yes, the damn bulkheads and decks and (no offense) douchebag officers that think they run the damn joint.. and can't forget about going down to the nuclear plant where I work getting hit by radioactive zoomies that are by-products of a nuclear reactor..

But I got a question for ya, since you're a.. *ahem* older-ish (well older than me.. hehe) military guy: what do you do with the **** they serve in the galley that you can't really eat, ****, or paint? haha..
Old 08-20-2007

What's a galley?

If it fits on a spoon without falling off, we eat it in the Army.
Old 08-20-2007
Administrator
Administrator

sorry.. forgot to translate to Army terminology: Galley (read: Mess Hall)

And I don't know man.. some of that **** that fits on a spoon I don't even think a starving dog would eat..

Then again, you are officer-type, so you guys get better food.. haha..

/threadjack
Old 08-20-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

serious thread jack stuff us civilian people cant laugh at

hey foos i thought u were in the UK....is the word soccer..tolerated?? lol i thought it was futbol or whatever

and hey when did u change ur avatar???? its ..not the speedfoos we've came to know lol..its sum other dude that took ur thread over.

updates will come tho im sure.. u sure do love painting.
Old 08-20-2007
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by DsevenEm2
serious thread jack stuff us civilian people cant laugh at

and hey when did u change ur avatar???? its ..not the speedfoos we've came to know lol..its sum other dude that took ur thread over.
at the civilian thingy

and as for your avatar, I thought something was weird.. lol.. Buddy Christ is cool and all, but GIR is the ****.. just thought I'd let you kno Clint..
Old 08-20-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

heres my update for the day...

nothing taken, i have my alarm to thank for that...just a shitty way to start my day.
Old 08-20-2007
Registered!!

marcuse will become famous soon enough

whhhataatt?
Old 08-20-2007
Registered!!

12345678910 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good!@ been interesting watching progress!

those *******s though.... too bad about that window...
Old 08-20-2007
Administrator
Administrator

daaaaaammmmn skip.. that sucks.. at least its only glass damage, right?
Old 08-20-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

only glass damage, glass isnt cheap, what jackasses, i hate theives, just get the friggin money, get a job, and buy it yourself like we all do, sorry bout the glass man.... foos, u need to finish man, we are all dying to see the finished product...
Old 08-20-2007
Administrator
Administrator

it woulda been more expensive if it was glass and door damage..
Old 08-20-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Speedfoos....I'm interested in seeing how your IAT sensor is located...I seen you lengthened the wiring to it....I have mine in the silicone boot at the throttle body with some toyota FIPG silicone slathered on. I really want to put it permanent into one of the piping but not sure if it will seal good..suppose I should use a rubber insert
Old 08-20-2007
Registered!!

cleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trustedcleanmagcivic should not be trusted

man if that was my car i would have shot the person and draged them in my house and systematicaly let 5 gay / or prison guys take there time with himor her
that sucks man just as things were turning for the better. hope this doesn't set you back any.
Old 08-21-2007

Holy crap Edwin, that sucks! Thank God they didn't rip anything off! Note to self, install alarm before coming back to the states. What a pain in the *** man.

Fosho, I'll snap a picture of the IAT tonight. I just used the little rubber seal that came with my crappy CAI piping when I plumbed into the turbo intake.

I think I want this thing finished more than anyone. I haven't been able to drive my baby in over 3 weeks!
Old 08-21-2007
Registered!!

Ok thanks... snap a picture of the coolant overflow too.... I tried so many different ways and I can't get mine to fit.... I can't wait to get my camera back!
Old 08-21-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skipbarber
heres my update for the day...

nothing taken, i have my alarm to thank for that...just a shitty way to start my day.
wow! looks like my car back in march! im sorry dude, just two broken windows right? i had my rights side completely bashed
Old 08-21-2007

No update again tonight. Just got back from my four hour coaches meeting/CPR training to coach kid's soccer this season. Its 10pm, rainy and I finally changed out of my uniform. Pics tomorrow, I promise FoSho.
Old 08-21-2007
Registered!!

Thanks man....with some creative luck,a knife,and fan adjustment I was able to modify the reservoir to fit. So I got my new radiator cap, correct overflow installed, and cooling system bleed.

I'm gonna go test drive tonight and see what happens when she cools down. My fingers are crossed!!! If this doesn't take care of it I think my only explanation is headgasket leaking excess pressure! Yikes!
Old 08-21-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

that sucks about the break in... But least you didnt get anything jacked.. ive been SOL a few times.
Old 08-22-2007
Registered!!

Well no luck for me........Cooling system is still pushing everything into the overflow and not sucking it back up. Eventually the overfow will overfill.
So, only possible cause in my mind is a slight leak in headgasket....however it doesn't over heat and does not burn coolant. I'm gonna test the coolant for combustion composites (HC) and boroscope the cylinders today after work
Last thing I wanna do after working with cars all day. Work on my pos!!!
What luck I have! Aren't turbos care fun!
Old 08-22-2007
Registered!!

Buds302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by speedfoos
No update again tonight. Just got back from my four hour coaches meeting/CPR training to coach kid's soccer this season. Its 10pm, rainy and I finally changed out of my uniform. Pics tomorrow, I promise FoSho.
cmon man your killin us! lol

i did my turbo install in less than 36 hrs man! just start the effin thing! who cares if theres no exhaust. or theres a belt missing. start it and let it run for a sec..just to make sure it will start and idle right. as soon as mine was installed i started it and drove out the garage and was boosting down the street. on no tune. only boosted to 2.5 PSI but it was enough for me to definatly feel a difference. over the next few days i street tuned it and got it up to 7 psi. cmon man you gotta atleast see f it will start.
Old 08-22-2007
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

Speedfoos, you know what are your doin, don't start it until you have everything on it. Why start it to know it fires up?

You driving it down the street on no tune and boosting is def the stupid thing to do. You def don't wanna ever hit boost with no tune. That's how stuff breaks.
Old 08-22-2007

LOL - buds, I want to start the bitch like you wouldn't believe, but I'm not going to until my alt. belt arrives at least.

I've got a 5 psi base tune which I will upload to the PCS (my WG spring is just shy of 4) that should get me running at least. Chris (WilmNCChris) is going to do the tune via email for me. Basically I'll be sending him datalogs for him to mod and return. No one that I can find in this country is willing to tune my car. The base tune will be a touch on the rich side, but that's side I'd rather be on than lean.

I have no problems showing up at my welder's place on a base tune and an open downpipe to say, "Um, kind of need the exhaust done pal." though!

Again no update. I spent nine (yes that's 9) hours helping my buddy replace the differential and axle bearings on his 2000 Mustang GT. We worked on it from 1100 to 8 pm. Had to shred an ABS sensor (it would not come out) in order to get the driver's side axle clip on. Plus a multitude of other "my car has been in England for 6 years now" rust and funk problems. I've had it with wrenching on cars for the day. Tomorrow is a new day.
Old 08-22-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

oh well..rather see you doing other stuff and not updating then doing nothing at all and still not updating.. and um... tell buds to go somewhere.. do not.. f this up... resist the urge.. i know u will.. lol
Old 08-22-2007
Registered!!

Buds302 will become famous soon enough

trust me dude the motor is a little more well built than you may think. ive thrown 15psi on this stock motor out the gate and while everyone said i shouldve thrown a rod....i didnt and i threw 15psi at it several times after that. i run 12 daily on a stock motor. it makes 240WHP and 218 pound ft of TQ. dont tell me it cant take it. ive self tuned my car so many times. ive taken the DYNO tune and thrown it out 4 times and used my own. ive run shitty and ive run good. ive run really lean and ive run really rich. ive been at every end of the graph with my car. ive maxxed the injectors out. they are still maxxed out now. for some reason this motor WILL NOT blow up. im trying to blow it up so i can rebuild a new one. thats it. i have the moeny to rebuild one. i have the time. but my GF tells me i cant because it still runs right now. why fix it if it aint broke? i need a new clutch too. im still runnin on the stocker.still got the stock plastic intake manifold.

so please spare your comments towards me unless youve actually been there. and for those who have a boosted D17 apparently you had something majorly wrong to tell me that im doing it badly. i just dont give a ****. when it blows it blows. il rebuiild it and be the most powerful D17 runnin the streets to the day. so andyman has what like 400HP? im goin higher.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gonzo.