Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Re: Changed Title - Speedfoos Slow Turbo Install

$5600 isnt that bad i dont think...
Old 07-24-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

damn thats costly, wish i had that much cash
Old 07-25-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

i dont think u did too bad for urself..what are ur goals for this build anyway man...maybe i missed it but what are u expecting.. and i duno if i missed this too uve probably said it somwehre but wat r u using for ems..
Old 07-25-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Look at the "My terbow shopping list" link in my sig. Its all there.
Old 07-25-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

gah man with 5.6k, id prolly have a rsx type-s right now lol. but then again who knows i'd prolly put it into my clover green EM2 my car color is my fav so it will be hard for me to part with it at all...
Old 07-25-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

5.6 grand for 210 whp seems ....i guess a tad bit above average.. maybe.. maybe not. i still think its going good..keep us posted!
Old 07-25-2007

It is a bit high, but its got a solid foundation for high 300s with another $2.5K for internals and K-pro. I try not to think of the price too much. PCS-XFC is temporray, so that will be sold, so are the injectors. Downpipe, and turbo mani are also temporary before I step up to an EL and 3" setup to the bumper. So there's some capital to sink back into it once I upgrade.
Old 07-25-2007
Registered!!

drjvic04 is on a distinguished road

Hey
Have you ever heard of STS?
You could of mounted your turbo and WG under your car so you wouldn't need to cut the hood.

Look for yourself
http://www.ststurbo.com/uni_installation
Old 07-25-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

I don't think that the STS is a good idea. The lag would be very bad and if the car is already lowered where would you put it?

Last edited by Alpha 5; 07-26-2007 at 07:48 AM.
Old 07-25-2007
Registered!!

Also there is this thing called the VES you could use that for your exhaust problems.
http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release091004.htm

Last edited by drjvic04; 07-26-2007 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-25-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by drjvic04
okay...
Also there is this thing called the VES you could use that for your exhaust problems.
http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/release091004.htm

Alpha 5 Im not sure what your pissed about, im just tryin to help.
This one is just an exhaust "CUT OUT".

I am not pissed you are just not posting things that are helpful. Besides I believe he has already resolved this issue.

I am not hating and I am sure he appreciates the ideas, they just do not fit this situation.

Last edited by Alpha 5; 07-26-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-25-2007
This is Myspace

^^ lol...so speedfoos. not to jump the gun or anything or give u more things to worry about but when do u plan on upgrading.. i know this process is taking forever to even complete stage 1...what r ur expectations for the 300 goal.
Old 07-25-2007
Registered!!

4 char

Last edited by drjvic04; 07-26-2007 at 08:17 AM.
Old 07-25-2007
Registered!!

He just likes the idea of the BOV in the front, besides he has already cut the rad support to fix the problem.

Last edited by Alpha 5; 07-26-2007 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-25-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light

forums to help people not act tuff..

Last edited by varner88; 07-26-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-25-2007
Registered!!

Back to the subject
Speedfoos, what parts are you going to sell after you go to stage two? (I know im getting ahead of myself)

Last edited by drjvic04; 07-26-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-25-2007
Registered!!

Good luck with the fix Foos.

Last edited by Alpha 5; 07-26-2007 at 07:46 AM.
Old 07-26-2007

Naw its all good folks, I appreciate the suggestions of odd stuff like tucking the snail and WG under the car. I think you'd have a bit more boost lag and one good pothole would cost a couple thousand in repairs. I love those guys at atpturbo.com. They have every little bit, bob, and woozit that you need for putting together a setup. I wish I had found them earlier on in the build.

I'm just waiting on the block to arrive to start the Stage 2 build. It's a continual process of acquiring parts really. I but stuff with that in mind. I'm holding off on the rotating assembly, sleeves and whatnot until the block arrives and I can get it checked to make its not warped or otherwise damaged. I plan on having the full S2 build by next fall. I'll be back in the states by then and will have access to a reputable tuner and decent machine shop. That's really the main thing I need at this point to go any further.

So in a nutshell, S2 build is going on now, but I'm just in the information gathering and slow acquisition of parts stage. I'm in no hurry. This car is for my daughter when she learns how to drive - minus the built slug of course.

Parts I will be selling will be the mani, downpipe, exhaust and injectors. But thats a long way off.

Last edited by speedfoos; 07-26-2007 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Group hugs for everyone.
Old 07-26-2007

Thanks folks.

Lighter WG spring and the last gasket arrived today, thanks atpturbo.com. Just waitin' on the boost gauge install kit (hopefully tomorrow) and the new exhaust tubing which shipped yesterday.

I need to get to work on this thing but after that week of painting, my fingers are all jacked up from cleaning the gun so many times with thinner. Hopefully will be healed enough by tomorrow so I can do all the wiring as nothing tears them up more than wiring.
Old 07-26-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

SO how close are you to being done?
Old 07-26-2007

LOL - yeah this has been dragging on for fricking ever.

If everything works out right I should be able to have everything installed by next weekend. But that's if my exhaust tubing and flex pipe get here before next Friday. That's the last stumbling block. It shipped out yesterday and as long as the folks handling the mail this week aren't the usual knuckle-dragging chimps, that box should arrive Thursday. Drop it off with my welder after work and then pick it up Saturday.

Car gets deadlined on Monday to start the full install. We have a mini-meet on Sunday so I would like to be able to drive it up until then.
Old 07-26-2007
This is Myspace

thank god. i really hope everything works out with this thing. whos tuning the motor over there in the uk? do u have a reputable shop in mind? are u doing the tuning urself? lol
Old 07-26-2007

Well I was going to do a tune by email with a guy for $300, but I still want dyno time and real tune on it, so I'm going to run the 5psi base map, street tune it myself the rest of the way and take it to one of 2 places I found. Its going to be expensive, but worth it. Plus with the wideband I bought from Andyman, the PCS supposedly is pretty good at auto-learning with one.
Old 07-30-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-30-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice

ugh the block still hasn't arrived? wtf?

Good job on the rad support hacking, sometimes a little defabrication is necessary to get it done. Installation is the easy part, making it run right is what's difficult.
Old 07-30-2007
This is Myspace

sounds like a pain in the ***. those gauges are very simple looking.. clean i guess. not my flavor.
Old 07-30-2007

Originally Posted by XSRCivic
ugh the block still hasn't arrived? wtf?

Good job on the rad support hacking, sometimes a little defabrication is necessary to get it done. Installation is the easy part, making it run right is what's difficult.
Nope no block yet. I don't have much hope at this point to be honest with you. I'll chalk this one up to USPS: 2 / Speedfoos: 0 (they ate a water port adapter too). Oh well. It may still show up, it'll be like Christmas if it does! If installation is the easy part, then I'm ****ed, LOL!

The only gauge I will be changing out is the boost gauge. There's really nice looking Garrett one on atpturbo that I want in my Christmas stocking!
Old 08-02-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-02-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Re: Exhaust stuff is here - Speedfoos' Slow Turbo Install

whoot!!! awesome man, cannot wait. man u have like thos whole site pulling for you man... its just like when dex got jipped out of his air ride suspension, everyone was and still is pulling for him. Man we cant wait! lol
Old 08-02-2007

Re: Exhaust stuff is here - Speedfoos' Slow Turbo Install

Dude, I'm so stoked.

If I didn't have mandatory training tomorrow, I'd blow off work and be stripping down my car already. Gotta wait till tomorrow night.......Damn it!

Quick Reply: Gonzo.