Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Install Day 13 (Pg 17) Almost Done! - Speedfoos' Turbo Install

i think jdm fabtech is shooting for even higher numbers then 400 correct me if im wrong?
Old 08-23-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry about it buds, you, me, and your bro are straight. If anyone else has an issue, take it to PM please.

I'm just a paranoid freak about this build since its the first time I've ever done a turbo, and its really the first major modification I've done to car, if you don't count the clutch I installed and replacing the HG.

I will have time tonight to work on it since I don't have anything else going on after I get home from work. The alternator belt should be here today, and I will stop by welder's tomorrow on my way home from an ortho appt. I'm also toying with pulling the power steering. We'll see. Once I make another breather can, I'll try it out. I can always put it back on.
Old 08-23-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

man, i think imma have beef with this welder.... i haven't even seen him and i'm upset lol. What is he waiting for?
Old 08-23-2007

Don't know. Gonna find out tomorrow. I'm off to go put the car together the rest of the way.
Old 08-23-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Don't know. Gonna find out tomorrow. I'm off to go put the car together the rest of the way.
Could it be... almost done? Guess we will see...
Old 08-23-2007
...JeRsEy sTyLe...

varner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of lightvarner88 is a glorious beacon of light

PooP..

haha whats the status on her!!!?
Old 08-23-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by speedfoos
I'm off to go put the car together the rest of the way.
^^ 3 hours ago..
Old 08-23-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-23-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Re: Install Day 14 (Pg 19) Hood is Cut - Speedfoos' Turbo Install

whoot for more progress!!
Old 08-23-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Looks good man.....You got that bottom intercooler piping awesome! I'm still fighting with it a tad. Only thing I'm wondering about is the IAT getting really hot down there. I wonder how that will affect performance...you do have PCS so who knows. Looks really good man. I wish I could have taken that much time to install,perfect,polish, & paint. It all pays off in the end, it looks just that extra bit better/cleaner. I got 1 week if that to do mine oh well!

I'm still pleased.....still fighting the coolant problem. It is alot better with the stock reservoir but I still have alittle coolant but not wanting to go back in. She doesn't overheat though and it's been 105 every day for the past week! Haven't added any in 2 days....

Only thing I can think of is that it just gets hotter and I need a) a radiator & b) a high psi rated cap, maybe mugen or koyo*w/radiator....

P.S I think you should start it up too. **** it won't blow up at idle! I started mine all the time to test for leaks and what not. All I did was plug the emanage in w/ a used sr20det map and it ran but not without a tad of gas ahaha and she didn't blow up!!!! I didn't have a downpipe or coolant in some of the time and she did fine. IT'S A HONDA!

Last edited by FoSho; 08-23-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-24-2007

I'll start it once the alternator belt gets here and not any earlier. I don't have a battery charger at the house and don't want to drain the battery anymore than it already is after sitting for 3 weeks. I'm going to load the basemap tonight or tomorrow with the car hooked up to momma's truck so it can get battery juice topoff.

I'm not so worried about the IAT getting hot as it not sending an accurate reading of what temp the intake charge actually is. I mean I'll be brute forcing the A/F ratios using the wideband and the PCS so I'm pretty sure it just ignores the IAT readings. I'll play with it as I go along to see how it works.

I still need to mess with that bottom piping too. It's in there very tight. I'm thinking about how to do it though.
Old 08-24-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

sweet man! about dam time..lol like i should be talking here. but anyways, cant wait to see it all finished. make sure u get vids of the start up and everything.
Old 08-24-2007
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice speedfoos! All this hard work is almost over with! Can't wait to see it fire up man, I'm taking my car to North Carolina in like a week or 2 to get the car finished up. Looks good man! Def rep for doin everything yourself.
Old 08-24-2007

Not much of an update tonight. Paul (UK welder Paul, not Dezod Paul) promised my exhaust will be done this week. We'll see. Puttered around a bit, added the oil and the coolant, blew the fiberglass dust off and then fabbed up my new splash guard. I'll post pics of it tomorrow.

The main reason I stopped tonight is I got my daughter an early birthday present. I'm not going to lie. Her birthday is in October and I deploy (short one, 60 days) right after it so I want some time to enjoy this thing too! See you cats later!

Old 08-24-2007

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Must have got that from the PX huh?
Old 08-24-2007
7th gen old timer.

CivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond reputeCivicHatch9one has a reputation beyond repute

bx is better PX is dumb army lol gotta love some friendly rivalry between services.... (I'm AF BTW)
Old 08-25-2007

It's a BX out here (all AF bases in the UK), and I only shop there if I have to. They stock crap, most of the time the prices suck, over here they're always out of stock of the only thing you need, and they're usually filled with the 300-pound, mumu-wearing frigates who know everyone that lives on base, that are your typical military wives. Needless to say, I only go there once a month if its absolutely necessary.

But something like this I didn't want to trust to the chimps who work at our Post Office.
Old 08-25-2007

LOL army here.. PX for me! but its all good i have a cousin in the AF.. No biggie. he was smarter.. ill give him that much. f
Old 08-25-2007

Tres cool, I'm an Army guy myself as well.
Old 08-25-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

I'm ex Air Force got out after four years I think I would have been better suited
for the army o well thats water under the bridge now.

So speedfoos your in the army and based at an AFB sounds like you lucked out to me I always thought AFB's had the better facilities than the army.

So let me guess your based at Alconbury?

Last edited by MURDOCK; 08-25-2007 at 12:46 PM.
Old 08-25-2007

Close! Well, what with the whole tri-base cluster**** they have here, I actually work at Molesworth, but yeah Alconbury is the main support base. I've been stationed at one Army base so far in my 10 years of service and that was in Germany. And you're right, the AF bases are always much nicer than our trailer parks.

On to a minor update. Looks like my lower radiator hose presses up a bit too much against the IC pipe that comes right off the turbo. I came out this morning to a puddle of coolant on the garage floor. No really, this is fun....

So I ordered a 90 degree silicone coupler to try and re-route the lower hose so I can get a good seal and not leak. It should be here Tuesday or Wednesday since I got it off ebay.co.uk.
Old 08-25-2007

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

Speedfoos, i had trouble with my upper radiator hose, it was pinching because of the wastegate and the location. I ran to Advance Auto Parts, got a flex hose with the metal coils inside of it, now it's alllll better.
Old 08-25-2007
Registered!!

PitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nicePitchBlack is just really nice

...I think all of us here want to see this car done and running as much as you do Foos...the anticipation is f'ing killing me
Old 08-25-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Damn! Molesworth was my second guess
Old 08-25-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

IDEA!!! ..........ok so you know how my coolant won't recirculate back into my overflow.....well my bottom hose is also rubbing on my lower piping. (squised aswell) Maybe this is why when the cooling system cools it does not pull coolant back in.......a hickup in the flow???

I've run out of good ideas...
-New Cap
-No HC's in coolant
-Boroscoped cylinders
-Pressure tested cooling system to 21 psi
-Does not burn coolant.
Old 08-25-2007

Well Drew, there's the problem. I don't have an Advance Auto Parts I can just pop into and pick out what I need. I have Halford's and they pretty much suck unless I want a full set of neons and a bicycle pump. This $20 elbow I just ordered should do the trick, if not I'll scout out a flex hose like you got.

FoSho, that's exactly your problem. With the lower hose - which is the inlet hose on the block - being pinched, your coolant is backing up, hence it all dumping back in to your reservoir. Our little pump just can't push it past a pinched hose so it vurps back into the reservoir.

Yes I want this bitch boosted and running! We had a little car club BBQ today and I wished my 'vic was there sooooo bad. Everyone was geeking out over their cars and all I could do was talk about mine. It was awful......wait a minute......it was kind of like......a web forum.
Old 08-25-2007

Well speedfoos if your hose doesn't work let me know, i'll get some sizes and lengths for ya, send me the money and i'll send ya a hose. Just a thought, just let me know, this hoses bends pretty well and doesn't kink up.
Old 08-25-2007

I really appreciate the offer man, I'll let you know how the elbow works out when it gets here.

And congratulations on having the 300th post in my thread!! Woohoo!!! Yay!!!

And to commemorate your 300th post, here's a picture that illustrates the dangers of alcohol and has nothing to do with anything I just talked about!

Old 08-25-2007

Oh wait. I had the 300th post. Hmph. So much for all the hoopla then Drew. You just had the 301st. I'm going to go drink some more beer now.
Old 08-25-2007
Registered!!

ok well I' m gonna rig that hose and see what happens....that will have to wait..
I encountered a 2001-02 ish z28 camaro with exhaust and blah blah....long story short I blew his f**king doors off.....during the process I blew my third gear out (just grinds until you slam it in,yes clutch is fully depressed) and the bolts for my downpipe worked themselves loose..so, now I have a hell of an exhaust leak. I was able to get to all the bolts but the bottom stud that you can barely fit anyways!! So, tomorrow I gotta pull my entire turbo/manifold assembly to retightened one frickin bolt!!!
Aren't turbo cars fun!!!!! haha

p.s new transmission is on the way...this time will be going with stock clutch & act pressure plate w/ stock flywheel!

Quick Reply: Gonzo.