Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Exhaust stuff is here - Speedfoos' Slow Turbo Install

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-03-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all

nice update man! man it just seems you dont have all the room u want in that tiny civic man! u shoulda bought a lude or a s2k for engine room lol. oh well, cant wait till u get everything in and settled, and running. btw i like the tails man.
Old 08-03-2007

I know man, the engine used to look so spacious. I'm buying an S2K when I get promoted in 2009. Momma already gave me permission!
Old 08-04-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old 08-04-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Re: Day 2 of Install (pg 5)- Speedfoos' Turbo Install

just so you know, i'm subscribing so i can avoid all these issues once i start my install when i get back home in October...

always a good read man, keep up the nice progress.
Old 08-04-2007

Yeah, if I can impart a bit of advice now. Either go with a kit or don't. Don't use pieces of a kit and expect things to bolt right up. They don't I've got Dezod's mani, downpipe, IC and IC piping. Although they are great, quality parts, they are made for Dezod's turbo kit. Nothing has bolted right up so far. I think I've modified everything to work for my setup now, although I'm sure I'm going to have some work to do on the IC piping to get it just right. Definitely not knocking Paul's stuff, its just when you go custom, you really go custom.
Old 08-04-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

lol, i got a used SF kit as the basis. prolly gonna have to go with some different IC piping and diff fuel system since the FMU showed up broken...:disgust: other than that though, it's just the electronics and hoses i think i'll need to worry about. Like i said though, no reason i shouldn't use your thread as a basis of things to watch out for
Old 08-04-2007

Absolutely, that's why its here! Good thing the FMU showed up broken as you'll need to run an EMS anyway.

Going out to install the IC and pipes now.
Old 08-04-2007
Registered!!

i got an emanage, PnP harness, and RSX-S injectors. still looking to get a wideband though...
Old 08-04-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Oh man just wait, this is just the start. I did buy the dezod kit with a very large 5027E precision turbo, and I had just about as much fun as your having. I had to bend the **** out of my a/c lines aswell but my wastegate finally fit. I bent the top & vertical radiator supports alot to fit that turbo. I took the entire turbo & downpipe out at least 10 times trying to get the turbo clocked right. Even with a kit it was a pain in the *** to install. Oh & did I mention the intercooler piping was ridiculous to fit. And um the oil line kit does not clear the intake manifold ( had to make my own customer -AN lines for pressure sensors & turbo feed.

Oh and not to mention car is not running due to intake manifold leak. Haha, I had my car back for 1 day running great. Aren't turbo cars fun!!!! One thing you think will be real quick turns into a 3 hour job!
Old 08-04-2007
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute

Speedfoos, all looks good man, getting so close and loved watching this. I just got my intercooler mounted and the bumper trimmed up enough to clear, won't be too much longer, *cough* Tuesday *cough* whenever my race manifold is here and i can finally start the build. Hopefully i don't have to hack up and weld a bunch of stuff like you did. I have the 5027E Precision Turbo so this should be fun!

Good luck man!
Old 08-04-2007

FoSho, could you snap a picture of how you ran your IC piping? Particularly the intake charge pipe - the one from the TB to the IC. That pipe goes in the top hole of the IC right? That's the one I'm having the most fun with right now.

I've got a different oil line kit, it fits fine, and I made my own water and oil return lines. Most of the stuff I have will end up being custom at this point since I didn't buy a kit. Talk about a lot to undertake for the first I've ever turbo'd a car. But its working out as I expected really. Had to use my cold chisel and just separate the vertical rad support. That's on the "will take care of later" list.

Drew, I wish it was getting so close! I figured I may have everything installed by the end of the week. Lots to do, but its good fun.

My hammer and I have been persuading some things out of the way to run this IC piping!
Old 08-04-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Originally Posted by speedfoos
My hammer and I have been persuading some things out of the way to run this IC piping!

Isn't that what moding is all about? I am glad you have MOST of the pieces and that it is going as expected. We all appreciate you keeping us up on pics and how it is going. Now quit reading this isht and go to work.....

BTW, when you said "Hammer and I" did you mean this hammer? LOL

Old 08-04-2007

You can't touch this Alpha, you just can't. LOL.

I've given up for the night. It seems like the one IC pipe (from TB to IC) bends down when it should bend up. Any of you cats out there with a Dezod IC and piping kit, I'd greatly appreciate a pic or two of how that one runs.

Once again, it's beer o'clock.
Old 08-04-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

Looks like its slowly coming along man....but I gotta say that exhaust is the dirtiest exhaust i've ever seen, unless its suppose to come all black.
Old 08-04-2007

Its painted black with high-temp silicone. Not a big fan of chrome exhaust so I painted it.
Old 08-05-2007

Day 3

Figured out what to do on the TB to IC pipe. The pipe that mates to the IC zigs at the TB pipe end, when it should zag. So I'm just going to cut the end off and use an extra coupler to change the orientation. Good fun. I may get to it today, I may not. Have to cook some desserts for a BBQ this evening and mow the lawn too. We'll see if I have time to get back in the garage.
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

What, a BBQ and you did not invite your good buddies over at CIVICFORUMS. You should be ashamed...
Wait a minute, you said you had to cook desert, what kinda Macho Man cooks desert? You should be wearing the BBQ apron and holding a beer not a spatula and the vanilla. LOL.

MAN BBQ =
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

01EXGUY will become famous soon enough

great thread man. very helpful. im piecing together my own turbo kit right now. but its gonna be a long slow process for me cause i just bought my first house . anyway i bought an intercooler that the charge piping enters and exits on each side of the ic. so when i bought it i also got the custom bent ic piping for it also. whereas dezods stuff enters and exits on the same side of the ic. i hope to have the rest of my stuff bought and be boosted by next spring/summer. like i said i just bought my first house so it will take a while. but so far ive got the ic and ic piping, greddy type s bov, tial 38mm wastegate with dumptube, all necessary clamps and fittings. but i still got to buy the expensive stuff ( aem ems, turbo, turbo manifold, etc.)
anyways everything is picking up and looking good for u man. nice job
Old 08-05-2007

I hope you can run that piping on the driver's side of the car. Its pretty cramped around the ABS stuff, AC compressor and alternator. I know folks have done i, but it looks like a real bitch to run it through there. My advice is to go custom on the downpipe to make sure you have enough room to clear everything.

I hear you about slowly accumulating parts, it took me almost a year to get everything together as well.

Alpha, you guys live on the wrong side of the pond! Besides I also did the grillin'.

Now wait a minute..... You said I should be holding a beer, not a spatula and vanilla. Spatula and vanilla. Uhuh. That sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. I smell another amateur chef, Alpha.

My mom drowned all the stupid kids, you can't slip like that and not have crafty old 'foos catch you at it!
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

01EXGUY will become famous soon enough

Yeah i bought the ic kit from a guy on here. he had it on his car which is the same as mine and he said he had the piping custom bent and he didnt have any fitment issues so i hope it all goes well when it comes crunch time
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Well my camera is down at the moment, should be up tomorrow so I can get some pics. The Pipe that goes to the throttle body down is wierd. Like you said it zigs & zags. I had to cut about 1/4 inch off of the end, bend it slightly. Then I cut the elbow to the intetcooler about 1/4 inch off, then I drove with a boost leak to a local muffler shop. Took the pipe of, he cut the other side of the elbow slightly then but a kink in the the middle of the elbow. Now the pipe is a tade shorter on the intercooler side. So I skooted the silicone coupler out more & it holds under 8 psi of boost all day. So today I got a longer silicone coupler & it fits great. When I try to get the bumper on the only thing that hits is the part where the splash shield clips on.

Sounds like alot because it is!!! The intercooler piping gave me such headaches. Then the top intercooler elbow rubs, so I put rubber around the pipe & zip tied em down. No more rattle!!

To all the boosted dezod cars, were you able to keep your splash shields???
Old 08-05-2007
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I finally made it to the end of this thread.

Geez, foos - Good Luck.

I've been through some nasty frustrating jobs but I've never regreted them as long as the job gets done right. Usually, it makes the beer taste so much better when you're done. For me it's the journey not the destination that is worth celebrating.
Old 08-06-2007

Thanks FoSho, I'm going to go cut on the piping in about 10 minutes. Post up later when I'm done.

Yeah Carl, the thread doesn't do any justice to amount of 'foos hours put into this job so far. And you know, even with as many issues as I've had up to this early stage of the install - I'm still having a blast!
Old 08-06-2007
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Thanks FoSho, I'm going to go cut on the piping in about 10 minutes. Post up later when I'm done.

Yeah Carl, the thread doesn't do any justice to amount of 'foos hours put into this job so far. And you know, even with as many issues as I've had up to this early stage of the install - I'm still having a blast!
you should take a flight to seattle and do mine when you're done.. I'll supply the beer
Old 08-06-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

So what day are we on now?
Old 08-06-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold

The problem with this chassis is ROOM! There is no room to do ANYTHING in it. Let alone cram 20ft of piping, a manifold, WG, BOV, Turbo, downpipe etc....

This is not like the boodles of room from the D15-6 and B18 etc...
Old 08-06-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-06-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-06-2007
I wil fix vBPlaza today

LT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to allLT2004ever is a name known to all
Re: Day 4 of Install (pg 7)- Speedfoos' Turbo Install

wow man... thats all i can say is wow.

and this: paint it purple!

edit: i need a persuader for the entire underside of my car now that i think about it

Last edited by LT2004ever; 08-06-2007 at 03:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Gonzo.