Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 104 pages. Good God. Exhaust is done. (Pg 104) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Gotcha. Bottle-brush = dingle berry. So ARP bolts throw the balance of a touch? Hmm. Another good thing to know. I freaking love that mani though.

All right. It's Turkey Day. I'm headed down to the kitchen to start cooking!
Old 11-22-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold
Re: 104 pages. Good God. Exhaust is done. (Pg 104) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

good luck with that Clint, my mom came to my house for thanksgiving!!! so i dont have to cook!!

skip - man awesome work with the block and cylinders, looks like u do just might know what ur doin, i wish i had the money u guys have, id love to do all this crap too, i just love car related headaches
Old 11-22-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

^money is something i dont have bro, my money goes to school, bills, keeping the gf happy, putting food in my stomach and whatever is left, which isnt much, goes to the car. not to mention that ive been driving a borrowed car for the past few weeks..

HAPPY TURKEY DAY BITCHES1!!1!!!!
Old 11-22-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

turkey ftmfw! happy thanksgiving ladies and gentlemen.
Old 11-22-2007

Car is running again. Looks like my -10AN fitting that I turned into a 90 degree (it was a 45) is leaking, but everything else is good. I turned it off, cleaned it really good, and then slathered a **** ton of RTV on it. I'll check it in the morning to see if it leaks. If it does, I'll just order a new one. Good news is that the exhaust doesn't leak at all. I'm going to bed hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!
Old 11-22-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

I cant wait to put this beesh on....

Old 11-22-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^^ omg wat the hell man..lmao AWESOME!!

happy turkey massacre day people!!
Old 11-23-2007

Hope that thing clears your hood Rufus....It's the same mani I have and that configuration won't clear my aftermarket hood. "Should" be fine on an OEM one. What snail are you strapping to it?

Update (text only). RTV did not hold. So tomorrow (it's cold as **** out and I'm still sick) I'll pull the fitting off the pan and replace it with my other pipe fitting. A -10AN male fitting is just a touch too big for a 15mm female fitting, but there are ways around that...
Old 11-23-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Hopefully, as I have a stock hood. It's getting an .48 turbine, .59A/R compressor, H trim
Old 11-23-2007

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

OMFG! IT LIVES, IT ****ING LIVES!

she fired right up the first ****ing time, took 9 hours total between removing the old motor, swapping heads/ARP studs/trans and dropping it back in. full story and pics of the surgery tomorrow. she runs BEAUTIFULLY. EXTREMELY QUIET, INCREDIBLY SMOOTH, NEW PISTON RINGS FTW. when i set timing and turned the crank, you could hear suction out of the throttle body, thats how good the seal is. HELL YES.
Old 11-23-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Are you done yet?
Old 11-23-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

so you gonna boost it again or keeping this one N/A??
Old 11-24-2007

it's gonna boost like its never boosted before. and yes, besides a few loose ends, rechecking some bolt torque and topping off the fluids, the swap is all the way done. It was towed from my house to the shop, but driven back home tonight with its new heart. I will never give up boost, i dont care how many rod bearings or head gaskets i blow, nothing does it for me like boost. it's crack.

EDIT: todays story...

my morning started out pretty early, I called one of my friends who happens to be a tow truck driver, I was hoping to get my car to my shop at around 8am, but he didnt show up to my house until 930, my car arrived at my shop where I was waiting at around 10.

We pushed it in and I started working immediately, my friend and future business partner showed up 20-30 minutes later to help me out, we had the dead motor out in 1 hour 45 minutes.

by this time we figured it was a good time to break for lunch and get back to the shop and work nonstop until we were done. Around 1 we began tearing apart the old motor, we left both manifolds on, with the turbo still attached and lifted the whole head assembly off as a unit, we moved over all the brackets and sensors that we needed, cleaned and lubed the ARP's and practically finished the rebuild of the now new motor.

strapped the trans on and it was ready to go back in. the old block is on the floor, piston #1 was the spun rod, where the rod meets the crank there are shards of metal coming out, the oil pan near that piston had little tiny bits of metal WELDED to the pan, a wire sponge and a good hour worth of cleaning the pan and it looked good enough to use again. I havent taken the old block apart yet, but im sure the rods and crank are paper weights now..

getting the motor back together and dropping it back in took us about 2 hours, but buttoning everything up took forever, we had the motor back into the engine bay around 4ish, reattached all the lines, hoses, harnesses, plugs, sensors, mounts, axles, suspension, etc. at 9pm I got in and turned the key....NOTHING, my friend forgot to plug in the starter, 903, i prime it, it fires up and purrs like a kitten. I didnt have time to do the 20 minute first time oil change, so I drove it home and tomorrow morning im doing the oil change. It sounds incredible, it FEELS like a new car, im in love with it all over again. Once the rings are broken in, boost is going to be crazy..

long story short, no one thought we'd do it in a day, and we did, and then some. im ****ing beat though, more updates later..

Last edited by skipbarber; 11-24-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 11-24-2007

Re: Edwin's new lease on life. (Pp. 105-106) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Fantastic stuff Edwin! After the new head goes on, it's compression test time again and then I may be in the same boat, as least with the cylinder hone and new rings. We'll see.

Updated the title and TOC with your jacks man.
Old 11-24-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

awesome news, love it, wish i could make that kind of progress in a day...
Old 11-24-2007
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

bizoost!! Good job edwin!
Old 11-24-2007
< My future wife.

armieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to beholdarmieo is a splendid one to behold

ur turn to boost rob.
Old 11-24-2007

todays update:
did first oil change, replaced a leaky heater hose, topped off the coolant, replaced some of my plain old hose clamps with brand new T-bolts . My car feels brand new...took more pics, including some of the tear down from the old motor..., will post them later.
Old 11-24-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

wow thats an awesome job ur the man!
Old 11-24-2007
Registered!!

TIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond repute

Good job edwin way to be.
I love it.

Just too bad we all dont have a nice climate controlled shop to work in. lol
Old 11-25-2007

^^No **** Matt. I didn't work on the car at all yesterday because it was freezing outside. Gonna bit the bullet and go fix it today though. 1 week of deadline is enough.

Glad to hear she's running without issue Edwin.
Old 11-25-2007

our shop heaters dont work, but it isnt too bad if you shut all the doors and keep moving.
Old 11-25-2007
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skipbarber
our shop heaters dont work, but it isnt too bad if you shut all the doors and keep moving.
I concur that those heaters don't work at all! Plus they can't even listen to music while they work...so they start doing stupid stuff like light each other on fire
Old 11-25-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rufus
I cant wait to put this beesh on....

Word of advise, cut that WG tube off and buy a 90 degree weld fitting. That sharp bend is a HUGE restriction and is just asking for trouble. The top of that joint will be glowing red hot during hard driving. In the worst case eventually melted or cracked after a few heat cycles. The right fitting is only 10-12 bucks and if you take it to a shop I bet it wouldnt cost you 30 to have that modified. Could be a matter of having boost spikes or other issues. I would change it before putting it on. Not to pick it apart, just trying to help you avoid problems.
Old 11-25-2007

I'll agree with Gerry on that one. 90 degree pie cuts and exhaust is asking for trouble.

Car is back and running leak-free this time. No pics this time around either. All I did was put an o-ring and some RTV in the fitting and it's good to go (hopefully) now. I let it idle for 30 minutes while I tidied up the garage and no leaks, after a few 4500 revs near the end of my idle period. I'll keep an eye on it from here on out, but I think it should be good.
Old 11-25-2007
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear the car is running again clint
Old 11-25-2007
Premium Member

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
Word of advise, cut that WG tube off and buy a 90 degree weld fitting. That sharp bend is a HUGE restriction and is just asking for trouble. The top of that joint will be glowing red hot during hard driving. In the worst case eventually melted or cracked after a few heat cycles. The right fitting is only 10-12 bucks and if you take it to a shop I bet it wouldnt cost you 30 to have that modified. Could be a matter of having boost spikes or other issues. I would change it before putting it on. Not to pick it apart, just trying to help you avoid problems.
No problem. I have a buddy that can do it before we put it all on. However, it makes me wonder why dezod made it this way.
Old 11-25-2007
Banned

man richard where have u been?? i havent seen u in a while

Clint... u THINK it should be good??? whats this half *** crap, ur better than that, u know it will cause u problems in the future, isnt there a more permanent fix?? i know its cold, but cmon man, i know ur capable of more
Old 11-25-2007

LOL! I'm tired of ****ing with it Adam! There is a more permanent fix but I can't be bothered right now. Basically I have to tap another pan and move the return over to the right so it will clear the downpipe. I really don't feel like doing that right now. If I can find a decent LX (steel) pan, I'll do it, but I'm not paying to have another aluminum one welded up.

Hey Rufus, that mani didn't come from Dezod like that. Homeslice that you bought it from had the WG neck welded to the mani facing the opposite way that folks normally do. That looks like the V3 mani and the WG normally goes off to the right with a 90 degree (bent not squared) neck. That way you don't have to futz with the DT getting in the turbo's way when it comes down.

Yeah Richard, where you been brother? Good to see you're back.
Old 11-25-2007
Banned

yea i figured clint, ur car is already a money pit, so no worries, long as it stays sealed, im just givin u ****, lol

Quick Reply: Gonzo.