Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007
The World Is Yours!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Edwin's new lease on life. (Pp. 105-106) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Originally Posted by skipbarber
our shop heaters dont work, but it isnt too bad if you shut all the doors and keep moving.
awww... welll we leave bay door open ,and we dont have heaters, and still its cold, but not wnoough to tink to work harder...
Old 11-25-2007
Look at me im a supporting member

civicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nice

this thread is still going
Old 11-25-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speedfoos

Hey Rufus, that mani didn't come from Dezod like that. Homeslice that you bought it from had the WG neck welded to the mani facing the opposite way that folks normally do. That looks like the V3 mani and the WG normally goes off to the right with a 90 degree (bent not squared) neck. That way you don't have to futz with the DT getting in the turbo's way when it comes down.

Wow, good info. So ideally, I should reweld it with a non-90 degree bend and keep it facing that way.

Last edited by Rufus; 11-26-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-26-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Nope, ideally you should weld the new so the WG with a 90-degree bend going the other way. 90-degree bend is fine as long as it's a bend, not a pie cut. I'll dig up some pics of what I'm talking about when I get home from work.

And yes, this thread is still going!

Last edited by Rufus; 11-26-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-26-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

SPAM deleted...
Old 11-26-2007

Ahhh. A mod uses his powers for good. A ray of hope shines down on the 'foos thread!

Just ****ing with you Rufus!!

Anyway, drove my car for the first time today after fixing the leak and installing the new 3" DP and cat. Lot's more grunt in the bottom end and I spool up a lot faster too (at 3ish psi at 2800 RPMs in 2nd). It will be much better once I run 3" all the way out the back in January. Car got to and from work with no problems, aside from my usual coolant push into the rezzie. I got it home, parked it on a clean piece of pavement and went inside. Oh, and I'm still on stock plugs by the way. New Iridiums are en route.

A buddy of mine came over and we cut an O2 bung off his RX7's downpipe and moved it over since he originally had me put it in the wrong place. Patched the hole with a piece of stainless I had in the garage, wrapped it and she was good as new. Getting good with this whole welding thing.

Anyway, we tidied up the garage and I went to show him the new setup I made on my car. Moved it back and there's oil on the pavement. Damn it. Looks like the oil return is still leaking. So we bring it in the garage and pop the hood and there's oil all over my VC and the underside of the hood. WTF?!

Yeah.

I didn't seat the dipstick in firmly and I was spraying oil into the bay. Return line wasn't leaking at all. Damn it, but thank God at the same time! And I'm out of Simple Green so will have to wait to clean it tomorrow!

One thing my buddy said that was kind of nice. He was like, "Dude if all Honda owners were like you with their Civics, you guys wouldn't have such a bad rap as ricers." Nice compliment coming from a Rotary head!
Old 11-26-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

that is a hellova a compliment, specially comin from a rotary guy, they are nuts.... those cars really are money pits, fun, powerful, but really expensive
Old 11-26-2007

Yeah he's dropped about three grand in the past couple weeks just on accessories to upgrade his setup. New DP, new EBC, wideband and display, HKS PROsumthin (I don't know what it is), strut/harness bar, and some other goodies. Plus he's getting both turbos upgraded and tuned locally. Must be nice to be single and have just come back from Afghanistan.
Old 11-26-2007
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

That screw up brings back memories. Put in the last half quart of oil after changing the filter and jump in the car to back it off the ramps. I get out and pop the hood. Forgot to put the cap back on. Enough oil every where to bug me so I spent the rest of the day cleaning that **** up.

That by itself made a nice little mess... but I cant even imagine if I would have driven as far as you had. Sucks man.
Old 11-26-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

word... ill make sure not to do that.. i need an oil change.. my maint reqd light came on but im running 12,000 mile synthetic.. its not black the oil.. its brown n not as clear as before but definately not black..

last night on the way home i was driving all alone coming from work at 4 am.. and a flippin rx7 comes flying out of NO WHERE! my civic shook like a baby in fear.. u could just hear a turbo spooling the **** out of itself.. it was nasty.. but it had a nasty fart can in the back.. a pissed off rotary wasp!!
Old 11-26-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

here are the pics from the tear down of the dead motor.

notice the chunk of metal sticking out of the rod cap.

chunks of metal in the oil pick up screen..

upper bearing welded to the rod

looks like i might be able to salvage the block, pistons and refinish the crank.

ive learned my lesson, and my car is now completely leak free of all fluids.

Last edited by skipbarber; 11-26-2007 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-26-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

bravo Skip, glad to hear she is back up and running
Old 11-27-2007

Holy **** is all I have to say Edwin! Expensive mistake, that's for sure.

We're off to Dresden, Germany five days folks. See you when we get back!
Old 11-27-2007
Premium Member

Originally Posted by skipbarber
here are the pics from the tear down of the dead motor.
I did the EXACT same thing to a bearing. I might have a pic of it somewhere...
Old 11-27-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by Rufus
I did the EXACT same thing to a bearing. I might have a pic of it somewhere...

man, sometimes im glad im not boosted
Old 11-27-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Holy **** is all I have to say Edwin! Expensive mistake, that's for sure.

We're off to Dresden, Germany five days folks. See you when we get back!
byebye... thread jack people...do it! LOL jk..... no but seriously.
Old 11-27-2007
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

Doesn't matter if your boosted or not, dont let your baby run low on the fluid of it's life 5W30...
Old 11-28-2007
Premium Member

Ya mine wasn't boosted when it happened but I was beating the crap out of it when it happened. I've been much nicer to this motor/tranny
Old 11-28-2007
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light

Should i sleeve the motor if i am boosted?
Old 11-28-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

if you dont have to bore your cylinders and get to keep the stock bore, i wouldnt bother, unless you plan on running crazy boost.
Old 11-29-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Re: 104 pages. Good God. Exhaust is done. (Pg 104) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Originally Posted by Rufus
I cant wait to put this beesh on....

That is our V2 manifold some VERY bad WG design that someone fabbed on top. Listen to Gerry, and get that fixed.
Old 11-29-2007
Premium Member

Getting fixed!

Thanks guys
Old 12-02-2007
Registered!!

TIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond reputeTIPPMANN has a reputation beyond repute

So Clint now that we know you are back, how was the trip? Did you work on the YouTube video? Did you make us famous? Is German beer that much better? You did go to Germany, right?
Old 12-02-2007

Well, considering the underwhelming response to the thread - I think maybe 4-5 folks actually posted interest - I'm not going to burn any energy on it. I'll let the thread sit until/if it generates any attention and then I'll work on a vid.

Germany was fantastic as usual. I didn't drink very much, but German beer > every other beer - except maybe some of the Belgian stuff. The food is always awesome. We hit a few Christmas markets in Dresden and some surrounding towns. We tried to go to Prague, but my wife and daughter forgot their passports at the pension we were staying at so border control wouldn't let us enter the country. That one gave my German a workout! All in all a good trip though. I'll get some photos up tomorrow as the cameras are still packed and we're beat.
Old 12-02-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

glad you guys had a good time, but what is this vid you speak of??
Old 12-03-2007
Registered!!

OpTiCaL is an unknown quantity at this point

FOOS!

this has to be the most hijaxed thread evar!
Old 12-03-2007

LOL - what's up man! Yeah, pretty much anything goes in this one. But it's all in good fun. How in the hell do you only have 8 posts?!

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-03-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2007
Registered!!

OpTiCaL is an unknown quantity at this point

cause im a civic7 diehard and dont go here unless pitchblack says there is something i need to buy, lmao.
Old 12-04-2007

Yay.

Wife's truck died on the way to drop my daughter of at school this morning. I love GM vehicles. I think the fuel pump went out as it will run (poorly) for a little while with starting fluid and it turns over really fast + no gas smell. So I get to drop the tank (it's half full) tonight and play with it. This is going to be so much fun.

Piece of ****.
Old 12-04-2007
Banned

sounds like a fuel pump to me, good luck with that.... i have to install a clutch on my car herebefore long

Quick Reply: Gonzo.