Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaking IM, But Rear Discs Installed (Page 177)! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Hey clint since are intake manifolds are metal they have a tendency to echo and make any head tapping twice as loud as the stock intake manifold. Did you teflon tape all of your fitting in to the manifold? it could be leaking air in through one of the fittings.

Also being somewhat of an expert on bent valves (12 on sunday) lol. if your valves are off by a little bit even if they just unseeted and didn't get bent you would have a lot more issues and it would sound a lot worse.

here try this, take a can of carb and choke cleaner or something over there that is comparable and spray it around the intake manifold if the engine speeds up you have a leak some were. use the can of spray to help you find the leak if you have one
Old 08-07-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Leaking IM, But Rear Discs Installed (Page 177)! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Tks Paul, it's definitely coming from the exhaust side of the head near #3 or #4, and the stock IM is back on. I'll pull the VC off tomorrow and look at what's what. I'm tired of wrenching on cars every night.

I did the carb cleaner thing and it didn't make any difference. Thought I had a winner swapping back to the stock IM, but no dice.

How the hell did you bend 75% of your valves on Sunday?
Old 08-07-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Tks Paul, it's definitely coming from the exhaust side of the head near #3 or #4, and the stock IM is back on. I'll pull the VC off tomorrow and look at what's what. I'm tired of wrenching on cars every night.
Welcome to my world heh.....cars suck! They're like women. When you first meet em it's great! 1 month later and you can't get away from em fast enough!
Old 08-07-2008
Registered!!

bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

the bolt that holds the tensioner on sheared completely off I'll post pics when I get home
Old 08-07-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bomerman19
the bolt that holds the tensioner on sheared completely off I'll post pics when I get home
wow....thats pretty hard to do. How are the threads in the block?
Old 08-07-2008

Andy's tensioner backed out, my tensioner backed out, now yours. WTF is the deal here?

That sucks man.
Old 08-07-2008

Re: Wasn't the IM, Valves are Fuxored (Page 178)! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-07-2008
Registered!!

Re: Wasn't the IM, Valves are Fuxored (Page 178)! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

That is very strange...maybe something to due with high rpm pulls

When I do the timing belts on customers cars on our year model, I always prewarn about the tensioner. I have noticed our model year does like to eat tensioners. It's usually just the auto tension thats failed. I've never seen the bolts back out. Thats crazy! Glue that **** in!!!
Old 08-07-2008
Registered!!

the thread in the block are perfectly fine it backed out about a 1/32 of an inch maybe at most 1/16 and then I think it stress fractured and then just snapped and I broke down in the left lane of I-95 in the mixing bowl were 495 meets 95 south with about 3 feet of shoulder. nice. I was doing about 30 coming up on traffic so vtec wasn't engaged wich is probably the only reason I didn't mash the vtec valves. I originally thought it was the trans because it's on the edge of death and it felt like I was moving the shifter through a pile of legos. when it stalled I stuck it into first and popped the clutch hoping it would kick over cause the last thing I though it could be was a timing related issues. And I think I bent more valves when I did that.

I'll have the head finished tonight and ready to go back on tomorrow but I am waiting on a new clutch and rufu's flywheel so I can stick on my other trans on. I was hoping to stick on my LSD but I have no clue were it is in the mail and I got the last 4 honda fit diff bolts in the country problem is I need ten and honda has to make the other 6.

But the car should be up and running for my tune with jeff evans on the 16th
Old 08-07-2008
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

the thread in the block are perfectly fine it backed out about a 1/32 of an inch maybe at most 1/16 and then I think it stress fractured and then just snapped and I broke down in the left lane of I-95 in the mixing bowl were 495 meets 95 south with about 3 feet of shoulder. nice. I was doing about 30 coming up on traffic so vtec wasn't engaged wich is probably the only reason I didn't mash the vtec valves. I originally thought it was the trans because it's on the edge of death and it felt like I was moving the shifter through a pile of legos. when it stalled I stuck it into first and popped the clutch hoping it would kick over cause the last thing I though it could be was a timing related issues. And I think I bent more valves when I did that.

I'll have the head finished tonight and ready to go back on tomorrow but I am waiting on a new clutch and rufu's flywheel so I can stick on my other trans on. I was hoping to stick on my LSD but I have no clue were it is in the mail and I got the last 4 honda fit diff bolts in the country problem is I need ten and honda has to make the other 6.

But the car should be up and running for my tune with jeff evans on the 16th

i live right off of exit 68 of 495.....those pictures of the valves are painful to look at. Makes me think more and more that its a good idea to upgrade those before I put everything gets put back together!
Old 08-08-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ryox82
i live right off of exit 68 of 495.....those pictures of the valves are painful to look at. Makes me think more and more that its a good idea to upgrade those before I put everything gets put back together!
down by dc? It doesn't matter if you upgrade the valves in your head if any thing goes with the timing assembly you will bend the valves and it's hard enough to try to find stock valves on short notice let alone aftermarket. Unless you are doing a full port and polish with flow-bench and oversized valves it is a waste of time and effort to go and replace all of the valves. I have probably busted more valves than anybody on this site. I busted valves on this past x-mas eve when my cam gear came off and a lot of people don't know this but when I dropped in a the stage 3 cam I unseated all of the valves in my head and had to go back and re-seat all of them. 3-days later timing marks got knocked off the crank gear which caused spark knocked and unseated all the valves again had to go back and redo the head again it's a pain in the *** and it's not worth the time if you haven't destroyed them yet.

It's kinda like sleeving it's pointless, these engines cost $150 and a rod will go throw a sleeved motor just as quick as it will on a stock motor
Old 08-08-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Bomer, you need to switch to two stroke engines. 4 stroke are seriously not your thing.
Old 08-08-2008

Damn Paul , that's some serious bad luck. At least you live in a country where you have access to a machine shop that actually has the equipment to fix things like that.

How did you unseat the valves with the S3 cam? Were the lobes a little bigger, causing a gap? Did you have to relap them back in or something? I ask because I'm going to drop my S2 cam and springs into my replacement head whenever it gets here.
Old 08-08-2008
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

down by dc? It doesn't matter if you upgrade the valves in your head if any thing goes with the timing assembly you will bend the valves and it's hard enough to try to find stock valves on short notice let alone aftermarket. Unless you are doing a full port and polish with flow-bench and oversized valves it is a waste of time and effort to go and replace all of the valves. I have probably busted more valves than anybody on this site. I busted valves on this past x-mas eve when my cam gear came off and a lot of people don't know this but when I dropped in a the stage 3 cam I unseated all of the valves in my head and had to go back and re-seat all of them. 3-days later timing marks got knocked off the crank gear which caused spark knocked and unseated all the valves again had to go back and redo the head again it's a pain in the *** and it's not worth the time if you haven't destroyed them yet.

It's kinda like sleeving it's pointless, these engines cost $150 and a rod will go throw a sleeved motor just as quick as it will on a stock motor
Long ISland, didn't know there was another 495 lol and good point on the valves. I really need to get mine put together and installed.
Old 08-08-2008
Registered!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Damn Paul , that's some serious bad luck. At least you live in a country where you have access to a machine shop that actually has the equipment to fix things like that.

How did you unseat the valves with the S3 cam? Were the lobes a little bigger, causing a gap? Did you have to relap them back in or something? I ask because I'm going to drop my S2 cam and springs into my replacement head whenever it gets here.
I don't take it to the machine shop when that happens I fix it myself it's actually pretty simple it just takes some time and a little patience. My friend brett says to most people that would be a dead motor for me it's a six pack and a late night.lol

as for unseating with the S3 yeah the lobes were bigger I never had to adjust the valve lash for the S2 and I know andy never had to adjust the valve lash for the S3 so I figured why bother and when I cranked it, it unseated all the valves so definitely adjust the valve lash
Old 08-08-2008
Registered!!

2Hip4You will become famous soon enough

F*ckin nice stuff you have there dude !

Great works
Old 08-08-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-08-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

lip looks nice bro!!! got your sides sitting here calling your name... then i bitch slap them and tell them to go back into the closet!!!

hey paul i'm headed up there once i get off work, to silver spring this weekend just til sunday to see my wifes family again. gl with the engine and tune on the 16th!
Old 08-08-2008
Registered!!

^cool yeah the head is done and ready to go on and Christmas came today the bearing I needed for my new trans just arrived! my new action clutch came today along with my new LSD!!! the only thing I'm waiting on now is the lightened flywheel!

I think all the guys from the dc crew are getting together on Saturday night for edwins(skipbarbers) birthday i think it is going to be in adams morgan so no cars but a bunch of the guys are going to be there
Old 08-08-2008

Looks like I might be up that way for a conference the week of 22 September Paul. Our big annual hoodeedoo is going on that week at Meade and I will probably have to go. Just sucks because it's a week after I set foot in the states again.
Old 08-08-2008
Registered!!

that sucks that you have to goto Meade a week after you get back but that's the goverment for you.lol I should be around and in town that week hit me up when you come up
Old 08-09-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by filipinop1405
lip looks nice bro!!! got your sides sitting here calling your name... then i bitch slap them and tell them to go back into the closet!!!

hey paul i'm headed up there once i get off work, to silver spring this weekend just til sunday to see my wifes family again. gl with the engine and tune on the 16th!
Dude, you're right down the road from me. We're actually going out to bethesda. You should hit me up and come hang out.
Old 08-09-2008
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

clint it looks so awesome man!
Old 08-09-2008

Too bad it doesn't run right! But it will damn it. I'm determined.
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

Bended valves!!! foos those valves looking funny just standing there... hehe

Last edited by DaRk_MauL; 08-10-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-10-2008
Registered!!

^uhh I think those are my valves, lol
Old 08-10-2008

Yeah, cuz I sure as hell don't want them! I jhave my own bent ones sitting in the head.
Old 08-10-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

What is this talk of a crusher?
Old 08-10-2008
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

hes swapping chassis, going to an es1, sleeper ftw
Old 08-10-2008

Yar. The EM2 chassis will be crushed into a little ball and turned into braces for less fortunate children.

Quick Reply: Gonzo.