Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Rebuild Time - First Startup Vid on Page 167!!! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
I'll look Jay and see what I can find. They do wreck them all the time. Once I find one, I'll get you a price.
thanks bro...
Old 08-04-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Rebuild Time - First Startup Vid on Page 167!!! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

Originally Posted by FoSho
Dunno about it working without kpro. Says nothing about it's compatability. Maybe sniper scout can find it for me, lol. Here's the link

http://www.hondata.com/4barmap.html

Ours looks like the k series map sensor.
Yeah man, thanks for the link. It says its a drop in replacement, but since I'm not running kpro yet, I'm not willing to put all my eggs in that basket. I'm going to go get the MAP sensor off that UK Civic I ripped apart and see if that fixes things.

Originally Posted by filipinop1405
thanks bro...
Found one, asking for a price. Will let you know what they come back with.
Old 08-04-2008

It's not the MAP sensor either. Swapped that, same problem. Looks like I'm getting the rear disc setup to get the ECU at the same time. Yay.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

how much was the rear disc conversion??
and thanks again for looking for that si steering wheel!
Old 08-04-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

I'm jealous of your new brakes.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

Wolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura aboutWolfgang5884 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by speedfoos
I paid £150 for the rear disc setup. Gonna put it on today. Plus I got the ECU (not needed) and the cluster. ECU and cluster will be going up for sale today.

Problem was with the JDMFIM, she runs fine with the stocker. Gerry you've got email.

Here's my new brakes.

oooooo, I'm green with envy. Will those rear discs be a direct plug and play? Also, I just put on the cat-back you hooked me up with. I had fun cutting and drilling those damn rusted bolts off the stock catalytic-converter. I asked if I could use the welder and I was told I couldn't unless I was "certified." But they did say they would weld the flange on the header for me. Once I get the car MOTed I'll put the header on.

Once again, thanks for the exhaust. It sounds pretty good. I was surprised how deep it sounds during low RPMs. Since the car is not road legal yet I couldn't take it out and see what it sounds like at high RPMs.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Damn foos....good pickup on the brakes but bad news on the manifold. Maybe it is a piggyback issue?
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

damn clint $300 give or take a few dollars... not bad but i thought i seen others on here get them cheaper but they are hard to find back here in the states at least in NC. hey any word on the steering wheel?
Old 08-04-2008

Nothing yet on the wheel Jay. Waiting for a price still. Sp far they are plug and play with the exception of the brake line bracket where it bolts up to the chassis. Had to bend the line a little for it to fit, but everything else is working nicely!

It's not a piggyback issue Avery. I disconnected the PCS and it still wouldn't start with the JDMFIM. But that's OK, Gerry will take care of it.

Scott, ask Steve to certify you on the welder. Basically it will involve him watching you weld the flange on the header. I'll talk to him tomorrow and make sure it's good to go. Glad you like the exhaust and header though - best kind of parts right there - free!
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

man thats funny too clint i was thinking this morning when i was driving into work about me needing to upgrade my rear brakes to the si's and i come on here and you got them...lol. i really need to find a damn donor car over here for real! well thanks for keeping me up to date on the wheel! and GL on finding out whats going on with the idle!
Old 08-04-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

EM2Brande is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Leaking IM, But Rear Discs Installed (Page 177)! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

nice bro, I am going with the five lug conversion right now.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all
Re: Leaking IM, But Rear Discs Installed (Page 177)! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread!!

^ thought you were selling your civic? you still working on that rx?
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

EM2Brande is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
^ thought you were selling your civic? you still working on that rx?
I sold my RX7 and my 240. I am going Kswapped now. I like K powa. I drove a K-Frank EP3 and fell in love with it.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Just emailed you Clint. I dont know what it could be but I'll do what it takes to make it right.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

I had a though. Maybe the map sensor port is leaking by. Check the port to make sure its not scratched or the o ring is pinched. Also if they didnt mask that port off when it was powder coated that may have an effect on the seal. The hole size is very tempermental. I'd be willing to bet its something like that. Its not likely that it fractured anywhere and even if it did it would be super obvious. The design is pretty solid as far as structure so I can't imagine it breaking like that.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

If you have it off, check the welds to the head flange. Look real close for hairline cracks, maybe the powdercoating is masking a fracture. Of all the places, that would be the most prone to breakage.

Last edited by 02fpcivic; 08-04-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-04-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

That was one of the things I was thinking, Gery. I thought there may've been a map leak issue. My first thought was a crack at the runners but like you said, it should've been obvious.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

Yeah Andy. The runners are .130" thick so there is plenty of meat there for strength. Virtually nobody braces runners that thick. The only reason we had problems with yours was due to the fact that they were .050 annealed hand spun runners, a lot more fragile than 6061-t6.
Old 08-04-2008
Registered!!

at least you're narrowing it down bro...the rear conversion is looking good!! i'm so jealous!!!
Old 08-05-2008

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
I had a though. Maybe the map sensor port is leaking by. Check the port to make sure its not scratched or the o ring is pinched. Also if they didnt mask that port off when it was powder coated that may have an effect on the seal. The hole size is very tempermental. I'd be willing to bet its something like that. Its not likely that it fractured anywhere and even if it did it would be super obvious. The design is pretty solid as far as structure so I can't imagine it breaking like that.
Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
If you have it off, check the welds to the head flange. Look real close for hairline cracks, maybe the powdercoating is masking a fracture. Of all the places, that would be the most prone to breakage.
I thought it might be that at first too Gerry so I made sure there was no PC on the map plate and when it still gave me issues, I sealed the MAP sensor in there (not on the o-ring nipple, but around the base) with RTV - still no change.

Like I said, I pull the PC off tonight after work and and see what's what.
Old 08-05-2008
Registered!!

Ok, well I just emailed ya my shipping adress. If you RTV-ed the MAP that should have definetely sealed it. As long as the injectors were sealing it sounds like you checked everything else it could be.
Old 08-05-2008
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Clint, check out the IACV on it, too, that's another potential spot for a leak...
Old 08-05-2008

Thought about that Andy, but it would still give me the same issue on the stock IM if it was the IACV (since it's on the TB), but it's not. Same thing is true on the injectors since I'm using the same injector plate, ditto for all the little blue o-rings on the runners and the biggun on the TB. I've troubleshot until I'm shooting blanks, so it's gotta be somewhere in the IM.

Once I get it to you Gerry, no hurry on it. I'm shipping my car back to the states during the week of 20 August and it will take about 45 days to get there.
Old 08-05-2008
Registered!!

Well I do want to get to the bottom of it and if its a bracing issue I want to make sure steve's gets taken care of promptly too. You'll definetely have it in reasonable time.
Old 08-05-2008
Registered!!

man gerry you are such a top notch guy.. i'm so glad that i'm going to order one from you when i get ready for it.... oh yea i already know that you are just felt like i needed to put that out there!!!
Old 08-07-2008

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-07-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

leak down test Clint.....check that before you pull the head again. She'll hiss at ya through the intake or exhaust, depending on what is bent. Aren't cars fun! Just take the radiator cap off, drive another car under it, install, & bam! Problem fixed
Old 08-07-2008

Yeah no kidding Avery. I'm swapping the head as soon as it gets here, I don't like the port job on this one anyway. Plus my buddy with his leakdown tester is deployed. The head better get here soon because all my **** get's packed out on 18 August. Just pisses me off is all.

Quick Reply: Gonzo.