Gonzo. - Page 67 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2008   #1981  
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What's this "reliability" you speak of? - (Pg. 130) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread

get that fixed.....hook the evac back up & let me know how that works!! As soon as It's warm I'm go time for evac, headgasket,studs, t-belt, water pump, & possibly IM

Aren't turbo cars fun Clint?
Old 02-12-2008   #1982  
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
Re: What's this "reliability" you speak of? - (Pg. 130) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfoos View Post
It's my personal fight against Mother Nature. I hate the thought of that ozone layer hanging over my head, day after day, just waiting to come crushing down on the Earth. We need to do our best to get rid of it.
Bastard ozone, feeling like it's all high and mighty. I've had exhaust blown in my face many times, did i get a hole eaten thought my south pole? nope. pansy.
Old 02-12-2008   #1983  
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Evac is good to go! Hooked it back up on Sunday and have been beating the **** out of the car like nobody's business and no smoke (from the exhaust anyway) now that oil leak is fixed. Press on with the evac setup man, it's good to go!

Steve, we've been watching that satellite spin idly for a while now. It's all dish and antenna anyway so will be pretty burnt up by the time it clears atmo.

Now I just need to fix my flaky idle. I hate piggybacks.
Old 02-12-2008   #1984  
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future

word...have you talk to gerry? he almost done?
Old 02-12-2008   #1985  
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

I've probably got about 20 hours into the emanage on my car + whatever the tuner had in it. I've finally managed a rock solid 11.6-12.0 under boost....partial throttle is not an option still .....and my idle is solid unless really really cold....then it's rough for first 10 seconds....still can't get a solid afr while cruisin either.

There is just no way around our computers unless you completely take it out of the equation! Down with the piggyback!
Old 02-12-2008   #1986  
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

I'm hoping that the AEM will perform well enough to keep my car from exploding when/if I ever get it. My half-tuned, mystery A/F ratio E-Manage hasn't blown her up yet... so I'm feeling positive about it.
Old 02-12-2008   #1987  
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute

I think your issue was fuel. You NEED bigger injectors. The 9psi on rsx injectors is pushing the limit. Emanage of course is not the best but you can make it work under the right circumstances.
Old 02-12-2008   #1988  
Registered!!

Yep.....my injectors were super maxed out at 9psi....I ran it leaner to achieve the dyno numbers below but it would not be safe on street.....7-8 range is more doable!
Old 02-12-2008   #1989  

I'll bet these injectors would fit our rail. (First item on the page). $225 shipped for 4 brand new 525cc injectors ain't a bad deal if you ask me.

http://www.stinger-performance.com/universalparts.html

I've just been putting off ****ing with the tune. I need to send a datalog off to Chris but haven't cuz I've been too lazy to hook up the laptop. I may run some logs tomorrow though as this is getting just plain irritating.

I haven't spoken with Gerry since Sunday, Steve. Last I knew he would be done with them this week!
Old 02-12-2008   #1990  
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Bookmark...
Old 02-17-2008   #1991  

Internet is still down at the house. Going on 7 days now. "You keep trying to connect and when it connects, then you connected." Tech support my ***.

******* country.
Old 02-17-2008   #1992  

But here's my plans on building the motor.

When I get back to the states this fall, I'm going to buy a D17A2 off Ebay or some junkyard and swap that into the car and roll N/A for a while, I still have an HP header and my catback, stock injectors and stock airbox so I'll just rock w/o a cat.

This will give me the downtime needed to sell my PCS-XFC setup, resurface my FW, install a stronger clutch, and properly build the bottom end. I'm really not looking forward to running NA again, but it will be more motivation to finish the build. That's my plan anyway.
Old 02-17-2008   #1993  
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

which motor are you planning on building up??? cuz it sounds like u are planning to build the a1 not the a2 when i would think its better to build the a2 and just leave the a1 in the car til its built... i think thats what you may have meant... either way clint, keep us updated like you always do and can't wait to see this thing in person!
Old 02-17-2008   #1994  
Registered!!

filipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of lightfilipinop1405 is a glorious beacon of light

nevermind clint.. i just realized that you already have an a2....
Old 02-17-2008   #1995  

Yup! And honestly when it comes to the massive amounts of boost that I will be running, I don't think there would be much difference between the two motors.

Headed back home after getting the directions to the dyno for tomorrow!
Old 02-17-2008   #1996  
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

No need to go on ebay. You can buy mine for cheap, assuming its still in one piece when you get back. Should be though.
Old 02-18-2008   #1997  

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-18-2008   #1998  
Registered!!

Re: Holy crap, he actually put it on a dyno! - (Pg. 134) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Threa

Good Job Clint!!!!!!!!!! with the new intake mani and a good pnp on the head it should show some even better numbers! but what do i know... i'm not turbo....
Old 02-18-2008   #1999  
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Holy crap, he actually put it on a dyno! - (Pg. 134) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Threa

nice numbers!
Old 02-18-2008   #2000  
Registered!!

54321r will become famous soon enough54321r will become famous soon enough

Old 02-18-2008   #2001  
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by filipinop1405 View Post
Good Job Clint!!!!!!!!!! with the new intake mani and a good pnp on the head it should show some even better numbers! but what do i know... i'm not turbo....
I thought he already had a pnp head...I cannot wait to go turbo!
Old 02-18-2008   #2002  
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

Nice!!
Old 02-18-2008   #2003  
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

very nice results
Old 02-18-2008   #2004  
Registered!!

edrulz2003 will become famous soon enough

yea nice results man...all that work i guess paid off in the end
Old 02-18-2008   #2005  
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

Hey clint nice those numbers man. That
certainly be a bitch for you wen its back to NA!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2008   #2006  
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute

Staqe 2 cam, right? That's a badass turbo. Great numbers for a piggyback, wait until you put real management on it.
Old 02-18-2008   #2007  
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

Great work! nice numbers!
Old 02-18-2008   #2008  
Jap-Euro Fusion

Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Where's VTEC engaging? from the flat spot on the torque curve, it looks like you could go lower.... maybe around 27-2800 RPM.
Nice numbers for 8.5 psi though, makes mine seem like a pea shooter.
Old 02-18-2008   #2009  
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Makes me feel small and emaciated. I'm probably only throwin' down 160 to the wheel party... if I were to shift over 3000RPM.
Old 02-18-2008   #2010  
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

damn clint great job!!!!!

Closed Thread