Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Speedfoos' Turbo Install and Everything Else Thread!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Ching, are you running 5W20 or 5W30? My temps used to rise to 240° F on highway driving, but since I switched to the 5W30, they don't go above 220° now.
Wel i am running 10w40 semi synthetic.maybe i should try a 5w20-w30 full
synthetic.you could be right about the oil there...
Oh i disconnected my ac press switch and ac pump both fans still coming on.
peace
Old 09-16-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

Hey clint, when u gonna get some reliability huh??? j/k, lookin forward to 9psi and seeing some dyno numbers, maybe even some drag numbers, when the studs and gasket supposed to be in???
Old 09-16-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-16-2007
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

sorry to hear all the bad news man, u knew ur problems werent done yet, where u gonna get the ps electronic pump from? i wasnt aware they made em for our cars, thats gonna be pretty hot, too bad its soo soon
Old 09-16-2007

I have no idea when that stuff should get here Adam.

I'm hoping sometime this week. The HGs shipped out last week from Ebay and the studs should ship on Monday from Summit (I've learned my lesson, buy from Summit whenever possible). At the rate I'm going, it will be next weekend before Chris and I can start the tuning for 9 psi.

The next open strip day is on 7 October. It's a big Japanese car show and open strip, so I should have some fun and probably get my *** handed to me a few times as well. Although at 9 psi, I should hold my own against most folks.

Dyno will wait until I have $150 to blow on something other than required parts. I'm in no real hurry to slap it on there.
Old 09-16-2007

They don't make them for our cars, well they do for the Hybrids, but I don't feel like replacing the whole rack. I can just run one from a Peugot 106 or an older Vauxhall. My welder runs the 106 one on his offroad racer and loves it.
Old 09-16-2007
Banned

sweet, let us know how it works out, id love to get rid of that belt, it just seems so pointless
Old 09-16-2007

It's a real bitch to drive without PS, plus you throw a CEL because there is a pressure sensor in the line. PITA to not have it.
Old 09-16-2007
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

That it is. I remember I couldnt get the new metal line to thread correctly in the 1990 town car I used to have. Had to drive it to my friends shop with no ps and THAt was a bitch. It is a VERY heavy car lol. One hell of a nice stereo pit though.
Old 09-16-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Foos, Does it ever end, I have to say it again, Man (short pause) does it ever end?
This **** is like a day time drama. I just can't wait till tomorrows episode... LOL
Old 09-16-2007
Look at me im a supporting member

civicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nicecivicfan1203 is just really nice

i like the town car for how comfortable it is i wouldnt mind haveing a 1995-1997 there so nice well some of them the only thing that keeps me from getting one is its an older person car and the wife wont drive nothing big but yet she wants a truck i dunno you tell me
Foos, Does it ever end, I have to say it again, Man (short pause) does it ever end?
This **** is like a day time drama. I just can't wait till tomorrows episode... LOL
by alpha! that is no lie
Old 09-16-2007
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

I liked my 90 but I did like the later 90's models a little bit better. It was a VERY comfortable car and very very quiet inside. Everyone that was in it loved the car. I kept it pretty clean until the wreck. I gotta say though I really do like my civic. It is a different kind of drive, and is louder, but still pretty fun.
Old 09-16-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

i agree with alpha, this **** jus keeps goin, i feel for ya foos, good luck man
Old 09-17-2007

Originally Posted by Alpha 5
Viva La 'Foos!!!

Naw man, I don't think it will end until I get this thing built for 24 psi or blow it up on the 1/4 mile strip before that. Updates tonight once slap the old helmet and gloves back on the finish up the exhaust. I've found about 6 electric PS pumps and now just need to wait to get one for the right price.
Old 09-17-2007

Bah I officially suck at MIG welding. Even on mild steel. I'll finish the exhaust tomorrow. There's your update.
Old 09-17-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Bah I officially suck at MIG welding. Even on mild steel. I'll finish the exhaust tomorrow. There's your update.
Damn man....don't give up!!!
Old 09-17-2007
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

keep them coming
Old 09-17-2007

Oh I haven't given up. Just for tonight.

I spent about 3 hours in the garage cutting, grinding and welding. When I blow my nose it looks like I've been snorting lines of road tar. I have two more full tube welds to make tomorrow and a couple holes to plug from tonight and the exhaust will be done. I'm just running out of daylight now that's it's getting closer to winter.
Old 09-17-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Mwuahahha, I'm back. Lost my internet for a couple days! I know ya'll missed me!

Well I've done the impossible. I have found an intake for the dezod kit without battery relocation!! Oriellys $20 custom build your own intake kit
Check the picture!

So to give ya an update....My pushing coolant problem is getting much worse...head gasket here I come, you're not alone foos!

I did however change my plugs & mess with the gap. It has completely taken away my misfire codes & rough idle on cold starts.

Now my problem is slow boost response or turbo spool.
The boost still builds to 7 psi but takes alot longer to reach 7 psi. Power is noticably different. Car ran fine after new plugs & intake. I noticed while driving in 2nd I usually build 1-2 psi @ 2200 rpm. Now I don't see **** unit about 3500 rpm. I check all my charge pipe connections, vac lines, I dunno whats going on. The downpipe is leaking slighty do to bolts backing out. That did bring down my turbo spool but not this bad. It is noticable different! The car does not drivel like a misfire is present. I figure if I have a boost leak it's gonna leak all pressure.
The odd thing is sometimes you get on it and boost is there and you're going. Then most of time it's like I don't even have a turbo. You can hear the turbo belting away but you're not really moving fast, by that time boost just kicked in and you're outta rpm. Anyone got any ideas? I hope turbo is ok!!!! All my oil lines are good.
I'm stupidfied once again

Aren't turbos fun!

Last edited by FoSho; 09-17-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-18-2007

Sounds like a boost leak somewhere in the IC piping. Ditch those worm clamps and get some proper t-bolt clamps, and then hairspray the ends of your charge pipes when you put the couplers back on. Also check to make you're not leaking where you plumbed your IAT sensor into the pipe.

Won the auction for my electric PS pump!!! It's from a Peugot 307. She needs a little lovin' (rezzy is cracked) but I got for next to nothing. The equivalent of $50 shipped. That should be here Wednesday or Thursday.

Oooops! Gonna be late for work!!
Old 09-18-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Nice find, I am really interested in this. I can't wait to see how it pans out....
Old 09-18-2007
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Thats the funny part. Before my IAT sensor was loose in the silicone you could push it back & forth. Now I sealed it with alot of FIPG Silicone.
I'm gonna rip it apart this weekend & see.

Watcha gonna do with that P/S pump....I wanna see you rig this.
Old 09-18-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

ahhh yes here comes another 20 pages of foos rigging this thing n trying to get it fixed, im tellin u this is gonna be like the biggest thread by the time he actually gets to 9psi and running correctly
Old 09-18-2007
Registered!!

Yee of little faith,
want a cookie?

Name that movie.
Old 09-18-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

I...Am....Back.

My Turn:

Ok so im in Orlando now..yay? This place is ok... could be alot better but what the hell. The town is iffy.. lots of rice in the apartment complex. The people are whatever. Im sure ill get used to it. I woke up this morning and my car is covered in like..salt? or sand.. or some ****.. i have no idea. My roommates are cool.. and school starts next week.. oh boy. Just read all this stuff and damn i didnt see any of these problems coming in but oh well...ill be waiting for the updates as usual. anyway im here again.. and my internet is bullshit... it sucks, it keeps kicking me off and pissing me off...and sometimes the pages dont load.. any ideas anybody?

good luck foos, cheer up it could be worse..
Old 09-18-2007
Registered!!

i think hes pretty happy all his parts are comin in, hes got the turbo working, and he was almost late for work lol
Old 09-18-2007

My name is now MIG Master. I was able to run both beads with only two little holes to patch up at the end! Woohooo!!! Exhaust is back on the car and I can drive it to work again!!! Thank God I've been hittin' the gym as not having PS until this weekend is a work out.

Although I am a little offended FoSho. I have never 'rigged' anything in my life. All of my installs and mechanical bits and bobs are always flawlessly installed with the utmost degree of professionalism. No don't look under my car. That's not a piece of braided lock wire being used as an exhaust hanger....

As for what I'm gonna do with it, I'm gonna 'rig' it to replace my belt driven PS pump that I fubar'd.

Welcome to Orlando Jose. That crap you see on your car is a mixture of sand and salt. Be sure an wash your car often as that crap plays hell on paint and aluminum parts!

HGs arrived today as well as a new pair of safety glasses. Hooray! Now I'm just waiting on the head studs.
Old 09-18-2007
Registered!!

haha, all apologies Foos. However, I do recall several threads back someone talking about representin kansas with a......piece of t-shirt? to...uh make a drive belt! See, how I being from Kansas know all too well the art of 'rigging' or 'ghetto rigging" if you will

I just hope it works out good so I can copy you!!!
I wish I was in the cool club
Old 09-19-2007

The cool club? All you gotta do is get in the thread and claim your member number man! You've had more than enough problems to be a T.E.A.R.S. member!

That was a sock and it was just an optical illusion...... Never happened.......
Old 09-19-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

LOL... I love how on this forum, in order to be "cool" you need to have totally destroyed your perfect-working-order engine and spent thousands of dollars. I feel so special.......

.....and I should because I started it!

Quick Reply: Gonzo.