Gonzo. - Page 29 - Honda Civic Forum

Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2007   #841
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Speedfoos' Turbo Install and Everything Else Thread!!

Oh I qualify just fine but it's gonna take me 2 hours to type it all down!
Old 09-19-2007   #842
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

man this upsets me, i dnt even have my car yet, im several thousands of ollars behind and even once i get my car its gonna work perfectly fine *puts on nerdy coke bottle glasses and sits in the corner*
Old 09-19-2007   #843
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

<gives March a wedgie and steals his girlfriend>

Not to mention you're buying an Si. Traitor to the d-series man......you'll be lucky if we talk to you anymore after it finally arrives.

No head studs or PS pump today and my exhaust still leaks, but not as bad as before. I just need to adjust the angle a little this weekend. No big deal. Plus I get to play with the welder some more!

I'll be ordering some 3" mandrel bends, flanges, and straight pipe next week to make a new downpipe and dump the kitty cat. I'm comfortable enough with my welding skills to take on that project so it should be fun!
Old 09-19-2007   #844

Woohoo!!! I got a whopping 22mpg on this last tank!! LOL, boost is fun. I should get a little better once I'm completely tuned up and the HG doesn't leak anymore. Too funny!

Stuff that in your global warming!! My carbon footprint is the size of Montana!
Old 09-19-2007   #845
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

haha..

i got in an accident today..rear ended someone.. so there goes my ebay grill with the H mini-mod anddd my front bumper.. eveyrhting else is ok i guess. now i just need an ssm front bumper.. anyone in orlando looking to give one. OMG THERES SO MUCH RICE IN THE PARKING LOT OF MY SCHOOL..WTF ARE PARK BENCHES DOING ON V6 AUTOMATIC MUSTANGS!? ARE U SHITTING ME!?
Old 09-20-2007   #846
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

whats going on? someone bring me up to speed.
Old 09-20-2007   #847
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

lol dont feel like reading it all?
Old 09-20-2007   #848

Quick synopsis.

PS pulley nut fell off and spangled the spindle. My new (to me) electric PS pump arrived today, but no wiring harness. Was supposed to just have pozzy and neggy, but has some other connections as well. Gonna take some figuring.

Exhaust is welded, but angle is still a little off. More cuttin' and welding this weekend. I can MIG weld now.

HG is officially leaking, but ARP head bolts should be here tomorrow. Extra gaskets are already here. No overheating issues, just a slight, occasional stutter at cold idle, and extra coolant in the overflow rezzy.

Car is D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S to drive without PS but still fun as ****! HG doesn't leak much so I'm still driving the **** out of it!
Old 09-20-2007   #849
Banned

greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

drive it till it blows!!! haha, dont do that, but what the hell r u gonna do with that ps pump, i havent been able to figure out what ur gonna do with it, i hope it works tho, why do u say the car is dangerous to drive without ps??? i had an old tercel that didnt have ps at all, and it was fine, just a little hard to paralell... 22mpg??? is that all, or are u actually expecting more like 27 when u get everything sealed up, i love my gas mileage but hate the lack of power, in the end is it all worth it??
Old 09-20-2007   #850
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

I have the exact same problem with my head gasket It feels good not be alone. Only thing I can think of is they blew her on the dyno. It's been like this since I got it back from the tuner.

- No overheating, no leaking
- Pushing coolant into reservoir
- Has a slight sputter to idle aswell, only on cold start ups.
- Has that hot coolant smell to her..
- Still drive the **** out of it

Old 09-20-2007   #851

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-20-2007   #852
Registered!!

Mralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to beholdMralbino is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DsevenEm2 View Post
haha..

i got in an accident today..rear ended someone.. so there goes my ebay grill with the H mini-mod anddd my front bumper.. eveyrhting else is ok i guess. now i just need an ssm front bumper.. anyone in orlando looking to give one. OMG THERES SO MUCH RICE IN THE PARKING LOT OF MY SCHOOL..WTF ARE PARK BENCHES DOING ON V6 AUTOMATIC MUSTANGS!? ARE U SHITTING ME!?
You're in orlando now? Where are you living? I'm at Dean and Aloma. And yes... alot of ****ed up civics here. Only like 1 or 2 are nice in the UCF Area.
Old 09-20-2007   #853
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Yea im over here for school for the next couple years... this place is douchebag heaven i swear.. im in the mall at milenia area kinda. Off of kirkman road.. by VCC.. its ok. some guy wanted to "race" me hardcore today...i let him "double clutch" like vin desial all the way till 4th gear be4 i moved my foot down and let my auto tranny do the rest.. who knew these little nissans could be so slow...i guess his vtek didnt kick in at the right time or some ****.. or maybe it was the spinner hubcaps? bwahaaha

(pic isnt loading? oh well ill get it later)

hey clint i think ur the only one on this here forum to say all that about the "sound of the BOV and even the cool sound effect text u made" and NOT be called a ricer...ricer.
Old 09-20-2007   #854
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

hey now foos at least im not getting another mustang lol n i like the Si its nice man n i cant wait to get it n i thought we were all friends why am i all of a sudden getting disowned lol
Old 09-20-2007   #855
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

oh lord...homebrew electromechanical power steering? good luck clint.
Old 09-21-2007   #856

Oh ye of little faith, you forget I'm a veritable mechanical genius! I'll make this pump work!

Ricer. Uhuh. Here's a phrase for you, "I was street racing a Nissan in my rockin' stockin', auto tranny, Civic" Please tell me you weren't blaring the Linkin Park/Jay-Z compilation album as well Jose!

You'll be OK if you swap a D17 into your new Si March. Then we'll still be cool.
Old 09-21-2007   #857

Meh. Head studs didn't arrive today like I though they would. Oh well. Gotta get some stuff done around the house this weekend anyway. I think I'm going to fix the one spangled bolt hole on my PnP head this weekend and then swap it when I do the HG replacement this coming week.

It will be a bitch to tune via email with the Crower S2 turbo cam, PnP head, and SRT-4 injectors, but will be worth it in the end! Plus I'm pretty sure Chris is up to the task!

But more importantly,

It's my 2000th post!!!!! Woohooo!!!!

OK that was fun. Updates maybe tomorrow when I play with my PS pump a little bit.
Old 09-23-2007   #858
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

What's all this whining about power steering? My Mom used to drive us 3 kids around in the '62 Chevy Station Wagon with no PS (no radio either). Later when I met my wife she was driving a '66 Rambler with no PS but it had an AM radio (no heat though).
Old 09-23-2007   #859
My cats breath smells like cat food.

MURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond reputeMURDOCK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sql_civic View Post
What's all this whining about power steering? My Mom used to drive us 3 kids around in the '62 Chevy Station Wagon with no PS (no radio either). Later when I met my wife she was driving a '66 Rambler with no PS but it had an AM radio (no heat though).
Any relation to the Clampetts?

Last edited by MURDOCK; 09-23-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old 09-23-2007   #860
Registered!!

ryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to allryox82 is a name known to all

lmao. I will say one things about no PS in my old lincoln. When I drove it at highway speeds it felt a hell of alot more stable to me.
Old 09-23-2007   #861
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

Cars that are designed without power steering are easier to drive than cars built with power steering but without the PS pump running. Go out to your civic and turn the key to ON (but dont start the car) and try turning your steering wheel around a few times. Even better coast a PS car down a hill without the engine running and see how tough it is to steer.
Old 09-23-2007   #862

Buh bye.

Old 09-23-2007   #863
Registered!!

sorry foos im keepin the K20 lol i cant wait to get my car tho man its killin me with this waiting **** oh well it will be well worth it in the end
Old 09-24-2007   #864

ARPs arrived today........

I'm gonna go play cars.
Old 09-24-2007   #865
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

Hey foos, I got my hands on a good mono block amp. I will test it and take pics for you later. If it works out I will be sending it your way soon. I am also going to throw a little surprise in the box.
Old 09-24-2007   #866

Buh bye.

Old 09-24-2007   #867

Buh bye.

Old 09-24-2007   #868
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang
Re: Fixin' the Blown HG (Pg. 59) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thread!!

Damn Clint, I need a DIY on changing the timing belt and water pump and all that crap.

But your head looks good after you have cleaned it up from the post jerking mess.

And don't worry, I wont put any **** in the package. It will be a pleasant surprise if it stays intact during shipping.
Old 09-24-2007   #869
Registered!!

Post up on how you installed those arp head studs foos. I need to know for when I do mine
Did you go with oem or aftermarket for head gasket?

Update on mine is not good....
I tore the kit apart to fix loose downpipe bolts w/ high temp tread lock which just burned off
Had the intercooler piping redone, tires on, alignment....
Car still builds boost but is not driving the best...probably head gasket.
Also, another strange thing has happened with my subframe & downpipe clearance. The gap used to be about an inch or so. Now the gap is 1 cm or so. It rubs the **** outta my frame and is so annoying. The downpipe only bolts on one way, so I don;t know what's going on.
Old 09-24-2007   #870
This is Myspace

looks clean foos..but what a mess..well..in my view lol.. im sure it looks like cake in ur eyes

Closed Thread