Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Old 10-01-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Back on the road - Boosted at 6 psi!!(Pg. 63) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thre

Tell me about it. I already have arthritis in one knee and things have stopped healing as fast as they used to. Why do I feel like I'm 13 though? I'll never be too old to play with cars.
Old 10-01-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about
Re: Back on the road - Boosted at 6 psi!!(Pg. 63) - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thre

ive read all over the net that you cant go lower than what your bar is set to, only higher (boost)... how are you doing it? what boost controller?

im getting a Apexi AVC-R electronic boost controller. if anyone has gone less than the psi the bar is set to, let me know, so i dont buy a smaller spring and just use my 5.8psi one. I want to ultimitely go down to around 1psi when im drivin the 45min on the highway everyday, sometimes at 100mph+ lol...

Originally Posted by speedfoos
Yes actually you will be able to, which is contrary to what I originally thought. I've got the .5 BAR (7.252 psi) spring in mine and my boost controller is ratcheting it down to 5.5 psi. So your Apexi controller should allow you to do the very same thing.

I'm using the PCS-XFC for engine management. Great little piggyback IMO!
Old 10-01-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

u feel 13 cuz u jus got boost u clown lol i cant wait for my new car ima b goin nuts
Old 10-01-2007

Not sure man. I've got the Voodoo IV HP manual one from voodooboost.com. I boost at 5.5 psi and my spring is definitely the 7.25 psi one.
Old 10-01-2007
Registered!!

boxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the roughboxcarracer is a jewel in the rough

i got 14 psi not confirmed thats what the stock meter tells me probly a lie but it said so! (DSM BABY!) NICE TURBO SETUP ENGINE BAY LOOKS FRUCKING CLEAAANN!!! Keep up the good work and u dont sound a day over 51
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

dam you guys are old. i never want to be that old evar
Old 10-02-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

ahh you got a manual boost controller... think the rules change with that actually, not for certain though. I think with an electronic one you cant go below what the bar is set to. dont quote me on the manual ones being able to because they are "manual"... but obviously your living proof that they CAN...
Old 10-02-2007

Yeah, I thought for second it might be a pressure drop somewhere in the IC or piping but when I was just running my other 3.6psi spring - no boost controller - that's what my gauge and datalogs read at. Don't know. I love that little boost controller though. Best $50 I spent.

A day over 51..........eat me! Thanks for the compliment though boxcar!
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

its ok gramps we still love u even if u haf 2 wear a diaper
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

hey foos where did you get your royal purple oil?I drove around wen shop in
and out stopped at gasstation and couldnt find any mobil,royal 5w30.
1 shop i found champion 10w30... but that still not the 530.

peace
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

Alpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz ErthangAlpha 5 Ownz Erthang

All I have to say is that This Diaper wearing grandpas' car is faster than 90% of the rest of us. That is not something I would be bragging about, I got smoked by a diaper wearing grandpa in a civic.
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice

hey, your 28 so your close to being a grandpa too

and yea, his car is faster than alot of cars on this site, but so will mine
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

true that haha thats y i gotta make fun of him for being old i kno i cant race him lol
Old 10-02-2007
Banned

When you changed out your studs, did you did it all yourself?
Old 10-02-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:21 AM.
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

hey gramps u got live if so im tryin to get mine hooked up in the dorm n ill kick ur *** haha ive become obsessed with that game but sadly i can only get live when i go home on the weekend but im determined to get it in my dorm haha
Old 10-02-2007

I do have Live, just got it hooked up. I'm going to practice and enjoy the campaign a bit before I go online though. We've got a local group of addicts who all just picked the game up so I foresee some frag fests in the future. And just so you know, I'm the youngest out all of them.
Old 10-02-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

haha, that still doesnt make u any younger Clint, ur still old!!! haha... j/k, ur prolly throwin p0420 catalyst inefficiency, its what i have too, without a cat
Old 10-02-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

all u gotta get is one of those mechanical o2 sensor simulators
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

well once i get it in my dorm and u think ur ready ill give u my gamer tag n we'll play
Old 10-02-2007
Banned

Well i wasnt doubting it, but i just wanted to ask before i asked any furthur, but when you take the head off, do you just put it back on or you gotta redo timing etc? did you just mess with it, or find a diy? whats the benifits of aftermarket ones?
Old 10-02-2007

Actually Adam, I'm not too concerned about the CEL for my blown kitty cat. I've got new one on the way that should flow properly and still let me pass emissions. Although I'll just be flanging both sides of it for easy in/easy out and running without the cat most of the time. I'll be putting the o2 sim on my replacement pipe so I don't throw it when the cat is sitting on my bookshelf.

Hey k20vic, best thing you can do is get yourself a Hayne's manual and follow the steps in that to remove and re-install the cylinder head. It's got all the steps and most of the pics and most importantly, gives you the torque tightening sequence when you tighten the thing back down. You don't have to redo the timing, as our cars aren't set up like that, you do have to make sure the timing belt goes back on exactly how it came off though. A Sharpie or white grease pencil is your friend there.

The benefit of an aftermarket HG is that they don't leak like a blown stock HG does! Other than that, there's not much difference. Cometics are another story, but I don't know enough about compression ratios, stroke length and other assorted engine techy bits to want to mess with figuring out which thickness I should get.

On the ARPs.....When you pull the head, the stock rod bolts are, well, bolts and the ARPs are studs so install is a breeze. That's honestly the easiest part of the whole job. Doing a HG replacement and stud install on a stock/NA Civic is a lot easier than having to do it on a boosted car. There is a lot less **** to uninstall on non-boosted car. To do a HG and stud install, all you really need is a set of 10-15mm sockets, a 21mm (or 19, can't remember) socket to move your crank pulley, socket extensions, a torque wrench and whatever size Allen wrench I mentioned in my HG replacement post. It's pretty easy actually.
Old 10-02-2007
Banned

Ok sounds good, think ill try it out if i can find me some studs. I already have cometic HG i want to replace with my 150k mile stock one b4 i go turbo. figured id replace the bolts with studs as well. Just never have taken a head off and was worried about the timeing of the camshaft/valves etc being in line with where the psitons were and ****. The names nick btw

im thinkin about writin up a DIY for the Apexi AVC type-R when i do it this weekend since theres not much info on one here on the site. not sure yet.. im sure not many will use it on the d17..
Old 10-02-2007

Cool beans Nick. Hit me in PM if you have any questions about the HG replacement. I could probably do a DIY off the top of my head at this point. You do have to line the crank pulley up at TDC prior to removing the cam gear, timing belt, and cylinder head. That way everything is kosher when it goes back together. I've done mine twice since July so it's still pretty fresh in my mind on how to do it.

When do you think you'll be putting the turbo in?
Old 10-02-2007
Banned

Word, thanks clint, and ive learned alot just from reading this whole 'saga' lol.. im getting the parts here and there from various places this week and should all be in by friday night, so i will start then and hopefully be back on the road mondya morning for work at 8 =P lmao... well not really laughing, but yeah.

well if yah get bored and yah wanna save me some time searchin through **** and blind sided into the manual tonight, you can do me a diy and add it to your collection =D im sure i wouldnt be the only appreciative one.

I got the 3 layer cometic so i think ill be good for a while for 6psi...

I plan to do port an polish, valves/etc and pistons, so itll come off eventually, but by then ill have my feet more wet under the hood and its entirety, not to mention ill have to get a machinist to do the deck and **** when i do all that... but thats a whee 4k down the road.... at least =/ but wow, yeah could you imagine 16psi =DD
Old 10-02-2007
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

Alright, just for the record, I had that girlfriend with the 2 Mustangs in the LATE 70s. It might even have been '80 or '81. I was driving a '72 Vega with 350 dropped in from a junked Camaro. No need for F/I just cheap leaded gas.

Anyway, Clint you mentioned calculating HG thickness earlier. Here's a link to a compression calculator that will solve that problem or at least be as fun to play with as Halo.

http://www.carspower.ru/calccompd.html

Also, you can download the Helms (not Haynes) manuals in PDF for your 7th gen Civic (and others) if you join this forum. I managed to download a couple of them before they required that you sign up. It's nice to search through them quickly to look up stuff. I refer the Helms over Haynes because they are the factory manuals. On the plus side though sometimes the Haynes manuals show you have to use regular tools (or make them) on some repairs instead of the Honda speacial tools.

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

Here's a site where you can download them with out signing up but on one of these 2 sites the PDF is not searchable.

http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Civic

Last edited by sql_civic; 10-03-2007 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Added missing links
Old 10-03-2007
Banned

ok foos, im werkin on my engine last night puttin the 4 turbos on... heres a glimpse of what i got so far....

Old 10-03-2007

Hey Carl, the links didn't show up brother!

I'll type up a quick text DIY at some point today and post it up when I get home. Jesus Nick, I can't even tell what the engine is supposed to go in!
Old 10-03-2007
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

^^ Not sure what happened there with the links (I only had 1 beer last night). I edited the post with links.
Old 10-03-2007
Banned

Originally Posted by speedfoos
I'll type up a quick text DIY at some point today and post it up when I get home. Jesus Nick, I can't even tell what the engine is supposed to go in!
lmao, i have no idea, ive had that pic for a long time, found it on the web a while back and saved it. im thinkin its one of those crazy 10k horsepower SOB's.. those are some big *** turbos for 1 on just 2 cylinders each...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gonzo.