Member's Rides Show off your rides progression thru mods or post up your detail job and that new mod. Your goal: make everyone jealous!

Gonzo.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the roughemjay is a jewel in the rough
Re: Boosting 9 psi at the Track - Vid on Pg. 76!! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thre

Biiiiiiiiiiiiig Ups To Ur Video Speedfoos
Old 10-08-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Boosting 9 psi at the Track - Vid on Pg. 76!! - The Speedfoos' Turbo Install Thre

Originally Posted by MURDOCK
How did you get all those scratches on your face?
It looks like a cat attacked you or something.
Oh dude!! I just literally laughed out loud instead of just pretending for the forum's sake!!

For those folks who ever want to edit video, Pinnacle Studio is the bee's knees. I used Version 10.5 on this one and it seems a lot more stable than V.9. Good stuff.

Thanks Matt, you couldn't avoid the water pit so I would just spin them after it to dry them out. At least I got that part right! Let me know when the chickens come back to roost.
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

hey Clint,

yeah you realy need to get your start alot better.
But like it seemed you had fun........... but i had to laugh
a little check my time stock d17 ... the black one started
of to soon.

http://users.pandora.be/seriousspace...eveVsIbiza.avi

peace
Old 10-08-2007

Yeah yeah I know Ching..... It just goes to show how important the driver is! Your time with a stocker was better than most of mine at 9 psi!

Nice vid. Is that a permanent track or was it a temporary setup?
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

HonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond reputeHonCiv02 has a reputation beyond repute

foos you are the man! that video is amazing, but i know that there are better ones on the way in the near future!

way to rep the d17 at the track.
Old 10-08-2007
Jza
Registered!!

Jza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the roughJza is a jewel in the rough

sooooo the twin-turbo kit is on the way? or...? turbo two maybe?
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light

After seeing those numbers, I have a strange feeling you're losing power somewhere. I'de say get a dyno to see where you at
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

Great video Foos, But man you really do need to spend a few days at the track. LOL. for one thing your not even launching. you need to keep the r's around 3k-3500 minimum to get your momentum going. then let go and feather the pedal if you have to to get traction. but you always want to keep your r's above 3500. that is where this motor actually makes some power.
the way you are launching, your making the car bog at the light causing you to lose precious time. your 95mph runs are good for low 14's if you can drive it there.
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

speedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of lightspeedricerx is a glorious beacon of light

awesome vid dude. i'm sure u'll get better with practice.
Old 10-08-2007

supermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to allsupermex is a name known to all

SNAP!
I just saw the vid.
A++++
Is owesome.
You should make more.
Old 10-08-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

lol all the credits was cool...

and yah you cant drive lol
Old 10-08-2007

Oh I know I have plenty of practicin' to do, but the best part is I get to do it my boosted Civic! Nothing better than having to practice on a car I love driving!

I'll be spending a fair amount of time at the track, don't worry about that. That bug bit me hard and I don't think I'll be able to get enough. They do a RWYB every weekend this month, it's going to be hard not to go. I just might do it, it's only like $30 for all day runs.

Thanks Supermex, I love making videos like this, and I just watched it again! I've been away from it for a bit, but will definitely be doing more as I get more footage.

It's not the car that's holding back MrX, it's the driver!

Although, when I fixed my exhaust leak tonight, I did notice the catalyst element is really fubar'd. I just need to get off my duff to order some mandrel bends and flanges to make my 3" setup. I'll do that tomorrow. But, I am able to run a good bead around an exhaust pipe in about 2 minutes flat now with no leaks! Yay I can finally MIG weld!

Yeah HonCiv, I was the only D17 there! There was one kid who had a D17 at home and as soon as I popped my hood he was like, "Bullocks, mate! That's looks fab!" Gotta love the bling.

No twin turbos Jza, or any other project of mine. We will be playing with my buddy's Golf he picked up $200. Paint job, exhaust, and so on. Basically whatever we can scrape up for cheap!

Glad everyone likes the video and everything else I've been doing. I'll say it again, this forum and the people on it have been a major source of motivation and advice!
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

Great vid!, the reaction times are really robbing you
i reccomend playing this alot!
http://www.robrob8.com/games/reaction.htm
itll really help you at the track.. lol! and with hunting i suppose
Old 10-08-2007
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah we will defiantly work on those driving skills
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light

they always do it on the military airbase nearby,
so its not permanent i guess.

to bad we coulnd do a drag would been funny , your second time was
good though but if you do it more you can like feel wen te light is hitting te
green if ya know what i mean.its like you already start before its green but
so tight that its just green that wil make reaction faster and end time as well

Well for a stocker think I ran a nice time.What I do is holding it to like 3500-4000 rpm before take off, let clutch go out all the way and almost floring it
so tire slip some more around 5500 for my so it get pulled forward , at a point
you will got speed so the rpm want to drop from 5500 right before you floor it.
hope you can understand i a little.

but my reaction time van 2.47 and 1/4m 15.69 works for me

have fun
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

ArjoonKumar will become famous soon enough

nice vid. Next u need to make one at 9 more psi and on drag radials
Old 10-08-2007
Registered!!

MrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of lightMrXclusivE is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by DaRk_MauL
they always do it on the military airbase nearby,
so its not permanent i guess.

to bad we coulnd do a drag would been funny , your second time was
good though but if you do it more you can like feel wen te light is hitting te
green if ya know what i mean.its like you already start before its green but
so tight that its just green that wil make reaction faster and end time as well

Well for a stocker think I ran a nice time.What I do is holding it to like 3500-4000 rpm before take off, let clutch go out all the way and almost floring it
so tire slip some more around 5500 for my so it get pulled forward , at a point
you will got speed so the rpm want to drop from 5500 right before you floor it.
hope you can understand i a little.

but my reaction time van 2.47 and 1/4m 15.69 works for me

have fun
What?? lol
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

Ok, i just was able to sit down, other than in my car, and have something other than EMANAGE's NASTY interface open... jesus **** i swear.

anyway.. NICE VIDEO bro! hellz yeah, lmao. mad skillz with editor

at this point i wish mine would get me to work, let alone 9psi....

not bad runs, just need to work on the launch is all. i need some work on that myself..

thanks for the shout out, that was sweet. i was siked. had to show the gfriend,

omfg i have the werst migrain ever over this damn emanage... im drivin my gfriends hoopdy tommorow to work and have to get up hella days early to get her to work first.. gd it!!!!!!!! gahhh.

everything would be fine if the damn fuel would work like its suppose to... think i need to can these rsx injecotrs and get the srts at the least, if not get a new piggyback.. but blahhhhhhhhhhh

anyone wanna buy an emanage? =)
Old 10-09-2007

Whoa Nick, if you think you're having trouble with RSX injectors and e-manage, I hear the SRT-4s are an absolute nightmare to get running right on it. Either stick with the RSX injectors, or yeah, dump the emanage and go the PCS or AEM F/IC if you're going to stay with a piggyback.

Gotta run to work!
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

Great vid man! The thing that hurts the most is the pro light. The track by me does the separate 3 yellows instead of all 3 at once, it helps a lot. Looks like a lot of fun though!
Old 10-09-2007

Damn. It's raining like crazy today. I was going to practice launches on the way into work, but wet roads + boost = zero control or traction!

Thanks for the links! My dad sent me several as well that I've been playing with. I'm on a mission to master this, so I'll attack it with my usual focus to get it down pat.

Yeah, in retrospect, the lights were probably a little off, but most of that was my poor driving!
Old 10-09-2007

Buh bye.

Last edited by speedfoos; 12-10-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

MarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura aboutMarchMadnessisM has a spectacular aura about

wut idiots its not hard its metal do they try n break **** i was lucky my head light bulbs made it ok haha but luckily my friend wrapped it with an insane amount of bubble wrap haha
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

sql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of lightsql_civic is a glorious beacon of light

I just got back to this thread and saw the vid. Nice work all around as usual. I have no driving tips other than to be safe. I like the way you gave credit to the Mrs first (smart man!). The shots of the torn up interior and sock alternator belt made me crack up was a good reminder of the journey you took with this build. For me, it's always the journey not the destination that is to be remembered. Enjoy the ride!

Oh, and thanks for the cred.

Cheers,
Carl
Old 10-09-2007

Thanks Carl, enjoy your virtual beer!

Yeah, we'll have been married for 10 years come this December. You don't make it this long without picking up a few tricks along the way. Like I've said before, this is the most fun I've had in years. I am going to keep on plugging away at the car until I get it exactly where I want it to be. Usually that means it will be in my garage, half torn apart, in the middle of a mod/upgrade. But that's where I want it to be when its not on the road!

Fixed my exhaust vibe issues. Bertha and I coaxed some subframe out of the way which I then MIG'd back up. Safety first, kids. It's kind of weird to hear the car without the exhaust leak I've had since finishing the turbo....it's almost quiet!
Old 10-09-2007

3" mandrel bends, flanges, and O2 bungs ordered.....custom Foos' Town 3" DP here I come.....

That means I will be selling my current DP for cheap. Basically whatever it will cost me to buy a roll of exhaust wrap, and some metal ties.
Old 10-09-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

holy massive pipe batman! damn theres a difference in that 3 incher!

my evo 2 drags as it is, lol.

i went to town on my poor bumper with bertha the magic blade

Old 10-09-2007

Yep, it's a big bastard. That's why I think I'll just go with 3" up to where it meets up with my aftermarket 2 1/4" setup. I've got a 3" - 2 1/2" transition pipe on the way (thanks Dad!) to step it down. It should be fine at that point, if not I'll get some of that oval 3" pipe to run to the muffler. But that's much later.

Yeah man, me too on the bumper. Mine is still all crappified and nasty looking. That's a winter project to clean it up though. I'm not too concerned about how it looks right now.

Done playing a little Halo3 so its off to bed for this camper! GL on the rest of your "1-day" install Nick!
Old 10-09-2007
Registered!!

HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about

whoa!! i made the credits hahaha... good vid man.. u need be hittin them fast times heheh u will soon.. once u learn how to launch n drive that thing. also perfect teh tune n set up
Old 10-10-2007
Banned

hah hah hah. good one

i tried...

only other way i was going to be able to do it is by buying another car, or hell, renting one at the least. i work 55 hours a week and work 45min from home and shes my only car. so it basically left me with the weekend to TRY to do this... i got everything on and all, just need to tweak it some, besides the tune. so yeah.

im leavin for chicago tommorow morning with the ol'lady for a vacation/buisness trip.. ill be back sunday so ill mess around with her monday night.

i was able to drive her about 5miles down the road to another friends where im keepin it there int he backyard... so i mean once i get it started i can keep her going at low rpms, although when i up shift it leans out bad but then goes back to normal, again, with the injector map wayyy high. to be honest it also smells like burning oil, but i could be wrong and its just running way rich.

im thikin the problem is residing in the way i set my vacuum lines up though. i thought you had to make your vacuum lines go from your brake booster no? does that line ever see boost?

Quick Reply: Gonzo.