General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by rjones7755
Installed my supercharger today
What kind?
Old 09-29-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Oh you know just a standard comptech SC
Old 10-01-2012

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

any pictures? i wasn't even aware comptech made SC for our D17's

Last edited by sl33pyriceboi; 10-01-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-01-2012

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Hahahahaha im playing its alternator whine hence the " "
Old 10-01-2012

lol pun fail...lollllllll

and i got all excited.
Old 10-10-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

removed all window tint! car looks much cleaner considering there are no real black accents anymore. matches the stockish look of the car. and the film was getting too many bubbles after 7 yrs. i used a steamer and microfiber cloth to wipe off the glue and it worked great. time consuming (door panels had to come off and windows needed to be rolled down to clean the top edges) but worth it. night driving is brighter lol.
Old 10-10-2012

Pictures Steve?!
Old 10-10-2012
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

trying to get some but work schedule is crazy. i usually dont get home til way after dark. and mornings suck for good pics when sun is out all the time.
Old 10-12-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Made mine own logo decal.

Old 10-12-2012
Registered!!

PowWow is an unknown quantity at this point

I took off my front bumper and the protective plastic thingy. I unbolted the down pipe from the car and started unbolting the headers. I got all but one bolt left on the header and it was and still is frustrating. Did all that I could but called it a day and will attempt it again tomorrow!
Old 10-12-2012
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by PowWow
I took off my front bumper and the protective plastic thingy. I unbolted the down pipe from the car and started unbolting the headers. I got all but one bolt left on the header and it was and still is frustrating. Did all that I could but called it a day and will attempt it again tomorrow!
ive had that exact problem before lol. if you have a punch or something hard steel with a point you can drill down through the top of the nut but not into the stud, then use the punch and a hammer and keep tapping down on the left side of it. then of course youd need a new nut but im sure you could get away without it.
Old 10-13-2012

Originally Posted by PowWow
PB Blaster anyone?

Oh and finished my trunk install, pictures to come soon
Old 10-13-2012
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by rjones7755
PB Blaster anyone?

Oh and finished my trunk install, pictures to come soon
ahh yes i forgot to mention pb
Old 10-13-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

swapped hoods put the carbon away for the winter.
Old 10-13-2012
Registered!!

Installed slotted front rotors.

Old 10-13-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Max91
Installed slotted front rotors.
Is that actually useful for daily driving? lol
looks cool though!!
Old 10-13-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
looks cool though!!
nope exactly the opposite.
Old 10-13-2012
Registered!!

looks cool though!!
Dunno, But we'll see!
Old 10-14-2012
Registered!!

drilled rotors crack easily slotted rotors wear out brake pads faster having both slotted and drilled reduce the surface area.
Old 10-14-2012
Premium Member

guess the oems worked too well and he wanted less braking performance. if i ever upgrade the brakes i would go with larger diameter solid rotors and stronger calipers.
Old 10-14-2012
Registered!!

i would just upgrade to steel lines and better pads like hawk but what really stops your car are the tires.
Old 10-14-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
guess the oems worked too well and he wanted less braking performance. if i ever upgrade the brakes i would go with larger diameter solid rotors and stronger calipers.
Yeah, one of my rotors was warped. the car had a shimmy when I would come to a stop. These where in a package of parts I bought locally. Guess I'll try for awhile, if they don't work for me I'll spend the money and get more OEM rotors.

Thanx for the input guys!
Old 10-14-2012
Premium Member

true, im actually happy with the oem setup rotors and pads. quiet and effective when used properly. i think the biggest thing is tires like you said, but also the weight of the car. lighter car means better braking. light rims seem to help the most but i havent been able to find any that look good and are under 10 lbs. i was able to feel a noticable difference with even 4 lbs less weight on the wheel (stock is around 18 lbs rim). dont forget tires weigh different amounts too.

Originally Posted by lowlife9
i would just upgrade to steel lines and better pads like hawk but what really stops your car are the tires.
Old 10-15-2012
Registered!!

03-GoGo-coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: What did you do to your civic today?

What did I do to my civic today?? I cussed at it! Just spent like $800 at the dealer getting my timing belt/water pump, drive belts, alignment, intake gasket, tube seals and crank seals replaced and now that my lovely husband decided he wanted to help his cousin jump start his truck with my civic my battery is toast!!! I can't cuss my husband so I cussed the car as I rolled out of the driveway in my husband's silverado! I still love both the car and the husband...just frustrated!
Old 10-15-2012

Originally Posted by lowlife9
nope exactly the opposite.
correct.

since the rotor is the size is an asian man's ***** (small), and then you decreased the surface area by adding holes and slots...you therefore lose braking performance.
Old 10-16-2012
Premium Member

its only $100 for a new battery, and its nice to have a fresh one in there.

Originally Posted by 03-GoGo-coupe
What did I do to my civic today?? I cussed at it! Just spent like $800 at the dealer getting my timing belt/water pump, drive belts, alignment, intake gasket, tube seals and crank seals replaced and now that my lovely husband decided he wanted to help his cousin jump start his truck with my civic my battery is toast!!! I can't cuss my husband so I cussed the car as I rolled out of the driveway in my husband's silverado! I still love both the car and the husband...just frustrated!
Old 10-16-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gearbox
its only $100 for a new battery, and its nice to have a fresh one in there.
or like $60 for a group 51
Old 10-16-2012
Registered!!

03-GoGo-coupe is an unknown quantity at this point

Well after a trickle charge it actually was fine. We tried jumping it off my husbands truck and we were both convinced a cell was bad when it didn't start. But an hour later it was fine and has been ever since. I was just not happy about having to spend more money on it. Crankin' like a champ now!
Old 10-18-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Finally got all of my lips mounted.
Those ebay side skirts come with completely garbage hardware... had to reshape the brackets and pick up some sheet metal trim screws and washers to finish the job. But all in a day's work!

Also today, I told a custom Talon owner his car looked real clean.
He replied with "Yeah, I just washed it."
Old 10-18-2012
The Boss ;D

94civicd16z6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Also today, I told a custom Talon owner his car looked real clean.
He replied with "Yeah, I just washed it."
that ladies and gents, is a true tuner. or maybe he just bought the car like that

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?