General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Got the service manual for the Odyssey this weekend for $20 (thank you craigslist)

Name:  odysseymanual-1.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  109.5 KB
Old 08-20-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stubbornEK is an unknown quantity at this point

Bought me my first ek hatch today!!
Old 08-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by stubbornEK
Bought me my first ek hatch today!!
ek hatchs ftw
Old 08-22-2012
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

Plastidipping/installing type a front lip
Old 08-22-2012
Registered!!

kcaj55 is an unknown quantity at this point

For my 2003 Civic LX I installed the EVAP bypass canister valve; installed a drivers seat belt clip; and finally replaced the small relay behind the glove box to erase those 3 annoying dash lights "Check Engine & Air Bag alarm & DRL lights" Fingers are crossed to never see them again.
Old 08-22-2012

Fack! while waiting around for the first coat of plastidip to dry I ended up buying red front and rear emblems, along with a new sedan grill @_@
Old 08-22-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^good to see a fellow socal-er
Old 08-22-2012
Registered!!

bodjie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Sounds like crazy doing it in one day> Installed the following
- Eye lid
- hood bug deflector
- rear roof carbon fiber spoiler
- japanese wood grain dash kitrome door handl
- chrome door handle
- side skirts
- YAKIMA whiipbar aero roof rack
- HONDA civic scuff plate

Old 08-22-2012
Registered!!

pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

finally got some decent brake pads on. brake best select ceramics.

white rims + semi metallic super cheap pads =
dirty no matter how much i clean them
Old 08-23-2012
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

lol, that's why I stuck to gunmetal rims.. can't see brake dust

I started my car on an LC20/FP+ treatment today.. We'll see how well this stuff performs.
Old 08-23-2012
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

almost got rear ended again. guess the car behind me didnt quite see all the cars already stopped at the red and thought i was planning to plow into them all.
Old 08-23-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
lol, that's why I stuck to gunmetal rims.. can't see brake dust

I started my car on an LC20/FP+ treatment today.. We'll see how well this stuff performs.
Wtf josh?! You got yours already ????
Old 08-23-2012
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

They like me better XD
Old 08-23-2012
Registered!!

KurtzN1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Squash air freshener...YEAHHHH!!! Love it when I get a new refill!
Old 08-25-2012
Registered!!

hasibmoeen is an unknown quantity at this point

tinted windows, pulled out new air freshener, planning out where to get new emblems/hubcaps from.
Old 08-25-2012

Bought NGK iridium spark plugs, 10 inch extension bar, and deep socket. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a torque wrench? all the auto stores wanted like 40 bucks :/
Old 08-25-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
Bought NGK iridium spark plugs, 10 inch extension bar, and deep socket. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a torque wrench? all the auto stores wanted like 40 bucks :/
i got mine from advance auto for like 25. its just a needle type one though. but if u want one of those fancy click ones 40 sounds about right
Old 08-25-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

If you're just looking to torque the plugs, hand tight plus a quarter turn will do it
Old 08-25-2012
The Boss ;D

94civicd16z6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lazlong
Got the service manual for the Odyssey this weekend for $20 (thank you craigslist)

on that note... i have a haynes manual for my civic; worthless.. installing the cv axle its directions are off and missing a few things, replacing ball joints just says something along the lines of "remove axle nut" and then "must take to dealer, special tools required" ya ok, with the axle nut off? and what special tools like a press? what the heck... either way i am going to buy an factory service manual for me vic now, and plan to use the haynes to soak up oil and antifreeze spots, start fires, maybe even it will get good use if i run out of toilet paper. i plan to call haynes and give them my two cents sometime this week, make me feel better none the less

anyways i changed my upper and lower ball joints and cv axle on my passenger side, but it looks like the side i did the work to has a little more fender gap between the wheels now... i dunno it drives fine, maybe i need my eyes checked
Old 08-25-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 94civicd16z6
on that note... i have a haynes manual for my civic; worthless.. installing the cv axle its directions are off and missing a few things, replacing ball joints just says something along the lines of "remove axle nut" and then "must take to dealer, special tools required" ya ok, with the axle nut off? and what special tools like a press? what the heck... either way i am going to buy an factory service manual for me vic now, and plan to use the haynes to soak up oil and antifreeze spots, start fires, maybe even it will get good use if i run out of toilet paper. i plan to call haynes and give them my two cents sometime this week, make me feel better none the less

anyways i changed my upper and lower ball joints and cv axle on my passenger side, but it looks like the side i did the work to has a little more fender gap between the wheels now... i dunno it drives fine, maybe i need my eyes checked
i use my chiltons for everything. directions are very simple. and yes you have to press the balljoints in with a press you can rent at any oreillys advance auto ect. it was something like 160 for the press and 80 i think for a honda balljoint adapter both of which you get your money back after you return them.
Old 08-25-2012

Originally Posted by rjones7755
If you're just looking to torque the plugs, hand tight plus a quarter turn will do it
Well I also need one for installing an Ingalls ETD unless you can tell me how many turns 35 ft/lb is on a wrench lol
Old 08-25-2012

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
i got mine from advance auto for like 25. its just a needle type one though. but if u want one of those fancy click ones 40 sounds about right
They had one that was like that for like 15 bucks, but the whole thing was like over a foot long, and their other torque wrenches were just as long even though they were the click type. I'll probably head to home depot and see if they have what I need
Old 08-25-2012
Registered!!

kpiz00ex is an unknown quantity at this point

Motor mounts and Progress lowering springs installed
Old 08-26-2012
Registered!!

awbyers9009 is an unknown quantity at this point

ordered front grille plate !!

p.s. how do i add a signature to my posts on this forum, just joined.
Old 08-26-2012
Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted by awbyers9009
p.s. how do i add a signature to my posts on this forum, just joined.
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/p...=editsignature <--clicky

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a torque wrench? all the auto stores wanted like 40 bucks :/
If you're gonna be a DIY kinda person with your car, do yourself a favor and get yourself a quality torque wrench. I paid $90 for (each of) my Craftsman micrometer torque wrenches from Sears. Small price to pay to make sure you do things right the first time. My dad had a cheap, shitty micrometer torque wrench from Harbor Freight that he got for like.. $30.. Never again am I using that ****. Just sayin.
Old 08-26-2012
Registered!!

awbyers9009 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=xRiCeBoYx;4614761]https://www.civicforums.com/forums/p...=editsignature <--clicky

Thanks Bud !!
Old 08-26-2012
Registered!!

Lool3r5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Replaced the washer jug, and finished up the install on the new rear window avec wiper now my friends! Also replaced the hood release cable, that was a blast... excited to finish some (and with any luck, all) of the body work tomorrow
Old 08-26-2012

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/p...=editsignature <--clicky

If you're gonna be a DIY kinda person with your car, do yourself a favor and get yourself a quality torque wrench. I paid $90 for (each of) my Craftsman micrometer torque wrenches from Sears. Small price to pay to make sure you do things right the first time. My dad had a cheap, shitty micrometer torque wrench from Harbor Freight that he got for like.. $30.. Never again am I using that ****. Just sayin.
Thanks for the input. I'm going to home depot tomorrow to hopefully find one that's useful.

Any opinions on a breaker bar? Apparently I need one of those too
Old 08-26-2012
The Boss ;D

94civicd16z6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pwnsauce
i use my chiltons for everything. directions are very simple. and yes you have to press the balljoints in with a press you can rent at any oreillys advance auto ect. it was something like 160 for the press and 80 i think for a honda balljoint adapter both of which you get your money back after you return them.
honestly i've never looked at a chiltons; but i know for sure that haynes is a little off. it didn't said to change the axle remove brakes, axle nut, suspension fork, and tie rod; impossible without disconnecting the lower ball joint. i thought of trying chlitons bu i think i will just play it safe and buy a fsm. ya i know the ball joints are press in, i just changed them lol. would of been nice to know they have a honda adapter rather than fighting it a bit though hahaha. oh ya, and i rented the tool from auto zone, 100 bucks.
Old 08-26-2012
Administrator
Administrator

Any opinions on a breaker bar? Apparently I need one of those too
The breaker bar I use looks like this

If I feel I need more torque to bust loose a stubborn bolt, or if I want to do the 14ft-lbs + 90 degrees for the crank pulley, I slip a length of galvanized pipe over the handle and go to town.. lol. I only do that with 1/2" drive breaker bars with impact sockets attached. I don't think I'd want to try doing that on a 3/8" drive socket.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?