General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by DrunkinStuper
Drove from MD, to FL last week. Taped up the nose and had random people at rest areas, gas stations, and Chilis sign the mask.

Neat idea!
I suppose you did that to prevent bug splats and rock chips, right?
Old 05-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DrunkinStuper will become famous soon enough

It was for bugs, had people taking pictures of the car while driving probably calling it rice, but what ever... it saved me from doing more work, and had fun while driving. Worked out pretty good because it pealed right off with no tape marks.
Old 05-07-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

It was for bugs, had people taking pictures of the car while driving probably calling it rice, but what ever... it saved me from doing more work, and had fun while driving. Worked out pretty good because it pealed right off with no tape marks.
I feel like taping all of that up and taking it off would take more time than just washing the front end when you got back haha
Old 05-07-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

i would think more for rock chips, at least smaller ones anyway.
Old 05-08-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i would just buy a full nose mask for long trips easier to install better protection and best of all it doesn't look stupid.
Old 05-08-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

you should have put surran wrap under the tape....then you could have made a reusable shell.
Old 05-08-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

Got my new tires mounted last night. went from 215 45 17 to 205 40 17.

No more rubbing on the upper rear fender walls that slant in, can get closer to stock alignment and max my tire life (not tracking so no reason to camber that **** out) and about 1/2" lower to the ground.

Time to work on something other than suspension, rims and tires.....
Old 05-08-2012
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
you should have put surran wrap under the tape....then you could have made a reusable shell.
I had the same thought. But instead he could use it as a ghetto garage decoration piece. I'm weird

I'm letting my car take a break today
Old 05-08-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

new shoes!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-8.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	83282

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-7.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	83283

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-6.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	83284
Old 05-08-2012

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

^you preparing to go OFF-ROADING paul?
Old 05-08-2012
Administrator
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

holy wheel gap batman Name:  icon_batman.gif
Views: 50
Size:  152 Bytes
Old 05-08-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Today, I farted in my civic.

I got a flat tire yesterday at work though. 3 holes in it, 1 through the sidewall. Needless to say nobody in the city wanted to touch the repair on it. Luckilly I took out "Road Hazard Insurance" on my tires when I got them (about 20k miles ago). So I got a brand new tire for 72 bucks installed. Still a pissoff, especially since I went in to work on an overtime shift and it ended up costing me a new tire Put the tire back on yesterday. I ended up driving about 50 miles on my spare yesterday too, which was scary as hell.
Old 05-08-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Holy **** a home made bra. Just when I thought I'd seen it all, really...
Old 05-08-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by paulymcd7
Pretty nice wheels, but I gotta say, those tires are a bit thin...
You need to get coilovers and slam that thing soon, because right now it's not lookin' super hot...
Old 05-09-2012

Today I calmly drove my Civic like a gentlemen while I watched some asshat bury his Legacy into a curb trying to show off...

I need to get a window sticker that says "I don't care how much faster your car is, the speed limit applies to you too."

Traffic light racing is for immature posers.
Old 05-09-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

today i went the speed limit it felt weird.its hard work doing the speed limit.
Old 05-09-2012

Originally Posted by lowlife9
today i went the speed limit it felt weird.its hard work doing the speed limit.
i recently started driving the speed limit as welll.....and damn did my MPG go up...

try drafting behind a big rig next time...... it makes it easy to stay at speed limit......plus you benefit from being in the slipstream.
Old 05-09-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by paulymcd7

I like the rims and the tires are 40's I assume.... good choice! I like my 40's better than my 45's

drop that monster truck tho....
Old 05-09-2012
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

prolly will be installing osram led license plate bulbs and mishimoto coolant reservoir today
Old 05-09-2012
CO&CA

I scraped the **** out of my muffler turning into CVS about 30 minutes ago.... still getting used to the slam.... good thing im replacing it Friday.

The joys of being 3.5 inches from the ground. I dont know how people can go lower....
Old 05-09-2012
Registered!!

99civic360 is an unknown quantity at this point

3.5 aint ****
Old 05-09-2012

Originally Posted by 99civic360
3.5 aint ****
true story. when you get to 1" then your on to something.... but thats pretty damn impractical unless you're on bags.
Old 05-09-2012
CO&CA

Originally Posted by 99civic360
3.5 aint ****
100% agree

Originally Posted by sl33pyriceboi
true story. when you get to 1" then your on to something.... but thats pretty damn impractical unless you're on bags.
Its 3 1/8" to be exact. however.... honestly I dont know how people go that low. In new england the roads suck so i would lose my under body in about 10 minutes if I was @ 1"... right now if I go any lower I wouldn't be able to make it out of my condo complex due to the speed bump... so im as low as I can go with my DD.
Old 05-09-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i know the wheel gap is monstrous i dont think the struts had completely compressed by then it looks much better now wheel gap is still pretty big yes they are 40's but i got them used and tires came with so not much i can do for now but yeah deffinitely needs moar low
Old 05-09-2012
Premium Member

haha im only lowered an inch and i already did that 50 times. big dents in the midpipe (im afraid of a hole forming) and the tip is not even recognizable from below. i also tore up my front lip a good 12 inches off the corner from scraping on a deep uhaul driveway.

Originally Posted by TFMEX
I scraped the **** out of my muffler turning into CVS about 30 minutes ago.... still getting used to the slam.... good thing im replacing it Friday.

The joys of being 3.5 inches from the ground. I dont know how people can go lower....
Old 05-09-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I know lots of people who tape up for long drives, but I've never seen someone get people to sign it! very cool idea man.
Old 05-09-2012
Premium Member

at least i got the plate lights in. coolant res never came

Name:  osram4000kledw5wf1.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  22.9 KB

Old 05-14-2012

Finally got my fogs installed after 3 months of sitting around!
And man.... the wiring in the kit is soooo wrong! Took a long time to figure out and I had to splice my own toggle switch.

Does anyone else have these and notice that they don't fit very well? It looks like they'd pop right in, but they stick out a little bit and don't sit very straight... does it look okay?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0514021217.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	83325  
Old 05-14-2012
Premium Member

looks good to me, shouldnt be noticable from a distance anyway
Old 05-14-2012

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
Finally got my fogs installed after 3 months of sitting around!
And man.... the wiring in the kit is soooo wrong! Took a long time to figure out and I had to splice my own toggle switch.

Does anyone else have these and notice that they don't fit very well? It looks like they'd pop right in, but they stick out a little bit and don't sit very straight... does it look okay?
dont expect oem fitment on ebay fogs

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?