General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

No idea what happened, but somehow there was a HUGE rubber scuff on the passenger side of my car when I looked at it this morning. A long black mark from the taillight all the way to the wing mirror. Thank god I was able to buff it out... whatever the hell it was...

I HATE parking outside.
Old 07-06-2012
CO&CA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

Drove her into work today like I always do.... starting to hear what I suspect is a wheel bearing going.... =-(

Other than that she is running like a top and getting looks everyday!
Old 07-06-2012
Registered!!

Drock22 is an unknown quantity at this point

Installed a revo short shifter and ep3 seats in my em2 but the srs light came on fail
Old 07-06-2012
Registered!!

civic_Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

Changed oil and installed a weapon R o2 sensor cel elimanator
Old 07-07-2012
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the roughpwnsauce is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by TFMEX
Drove her into work today like I always do.... starting to hear what I suspect is a wheel bearing going.... =-(

Other than that she is running like a top and getting looks everyday!
make sure you dont have a nail or someting in your tire. i thought mine was going then took a closer look and i just had a nail in the tire and it was still holding air. i couldve sworn the noise i was hearing was the bearing.
Old 07-07-2012
Registered!!

Max91 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ordered more parts and waved off highway racers. (hmmm... didn't have that problem with my Toyota)
Old 07-07-2012
Registered!!

99civic360 is an unknown quantity at this point

Think I blew my head gasket. How would know for sure?
Old 07-07-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

compression test, cooling system pressure check, misfires on a cold start, white exhaust smoke, white deposits on some plugs, deposits in exhaust pipe, combustion gas test for coolant, burning of coolant (the reservoir keeps getting low with no leaks), etc.
Old 07-07-2012
Registered!!

When you say white deposit on plugs is it like a gelatin texture? And where on the plug? I have the white smoke and an oil leak that I can't find.
Old 07-09-2012
Registered!!

elementtw1023 is an unknown quantity at this point

Name:  20120709_181718.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  14.0 KB

Cleaned the engine bay. Im probably going to have to clean the valve cover and transmission again after I get the spool assembly gasket and replace it. But its a start. Not to shabby for an 18 year old car.
Old 07-09-2012
Registered!!

G_ROBB89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Replaced the driver side fog light; tried to get the cover off the air filter but encountered a stripped screw in the process, and then dropped the screw driver behind the engine by accident
Old 07-09-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

watched a women park to close to me and slam her door into mine with complete disregard. she looked me rite in the eyes while she did it.
Old 07-09-2012
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

im guessing her door now has a ding in it aso? lol
Old 07-09-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lowlife9
watched a women park to close to me and slam her door into mine with complete disregard. she looked me rite in the eyes while she did it.
This happened to me a couple months ago when I was leaving school. The lady hit my car pretty hard and I was right next to it so I confronted her about it. Her response was to slam her door even harder into my car and drive away. I hate people.
Old 07-10-2012
Registered!!

Artificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura aboutArtificial has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
This happened to me a couple months ago when I was leaving school. The lady hit my car pretty hard and I was right next to it so I confronted her about it. Her response was to slam her door even harder into my car and drive away. I hate people.
Did you get the police involved?
Old 07-10-2012

Originally Posted by Artificial
Did you get the police involved?
The cops wouldn't even bother with something like that around here... especially since it happened on private property. I did get the liscense tag though if I'm ever feeling spiteful.
Old 07-10-2012
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gearbox
im guessing her door now has a ding in it aso? lol
her entire car was dents and dings even her licence plate looked like it got hit with a cannon ball. i was so overtaken with the audacity of this person i didn't evan get mad i was in a state of dumbfounded shock. how can these people go through life like this without being strangled by somebody.

Last edited by lowlife9; 07-10-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Old 07-10-2012

her entire car was dents and dings even her licence plate looked like it got hit with a cannon ball. i was so overtaken with the audacity of this person i didn't evan get mad i was in a state of dumbfounded shock. how can these people go through life like this without being strangled by somebody.
I couldn't agree with you any more!
And working in a retail store, I have to deal with these kinds of people on a daily basis...
Old 07-10-2012
Registered!!

I would have taken a bat to her windshield.
Old 07-10-2012
Premium Member

eventually people like that seem to end up dead anyway
Old 07-10-2012
Registered!!

What I did to my civic today is walk past it with a single tear in my eye for the fact it isn't running at this time.
Old 07-11-2012
Registered!!

civicjtq is an unknown quantity at this point

could someone help me out .. ECU question .. ???
Old 07-11-2012
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 99civic360
I would have taken a bat to her windshield.
i had a feeling thats exactly what she wanted me to do start some confrontation that would end up getting out of hand. my guess is she probably hasn't had a ***** in a very long time.
Old 07-11-2012
Registered!!

Should have gave her it then. Sharing is caring my friends.
Old 07-11-2012
Registered!!

today i had a photo shoot for the cover of DropJaw magazine.
Old 07-12-2012

today i had a photo shoot for the cover of DropJaw magazine.
Letting a bunch of greasy srteet-wenches rub their saddlebags all over your chicken-wire grill and fiberglass triple-deck spoiler, eh? Classy
Old 07-12-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

Got it back from the dealership after a 2 week transmission install, on the drive home the transmission started slipping again, the "D" light started blinking and the cel came on. Back to the dealership.
Old 07-12-2012
Premium Member

lmao, that seems to happen quite often. just sell the car when the trans goes out.
Old 07-13-2012
"Come to terms with your slow *** whip"

rjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the roughrjones7755 is a jewel in the rough

I'm seriously considering it haha what do y'all think about a Scion tc?
Old 07-13-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

i see too many of them and i dont like them that much what about a mkV turbo diesel jetta or golf?

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?