General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

What did you do to your civic today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What did you do to your civic today?

Originally Posted by gearbox
not on hail either lol
virtually the same dent results from both im sure lol
Old 04-25-2012
Registered!!

05gen7ex is an unknown quantity at this point

yesterday I installed an Ebay SRI, and it sounds so much better. even with stock exhaust and headers! tomorrow i take my new bumper to the body shop to get it painted, the hopefully friday or sunday i will be able to install it!!! Cant do it saturday cuz im going golfing with a buddy! but if i make it back in time i might be able to.
Old 04-25-2012
My favorite TV shows are JDM. My Honda isn't...

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by paulymcd7
doesnt work on paintball dents though -.- i have a few on the drivers side not that noticeable but when the sun hits it just right i wanna cry lol
It's all about the proper technique. You have to heat up a very large surface around the dent very very hot (don't heat the dent directly!) and then spray the compressed air upside down so the fluorocarbons spray out nice and cold. Again, spray around the dent, not on it. This will cause the metal to rapidly contract and stretch out the dent. It works, you just have to know what your doing. Also keep in mind that it will not work well on plastic parts or dents that have a linear crease in them
Old 04-25-2012
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

be careful heating paint up "very hot" ive seen really bad outcomes of this
Old 04-26-2012

krudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the roughkrudmuphin is a jewel in the rough

be careful heating paint up "very hot" ive seen really bad outcomes of this
A hair dryer isn't likely to damage your paint in the short term. Using a heat gun is not such a good idea though...
Old 04-26-2012
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

Yesterday, I ordered my Schroth Rallye 4. Shipped today... so just going to tap my toes until it arrives here. Estimated ETA: Tuesday. Guess I know what I'll be doing!
Old 04-26-2012
Registered!!

paulymcd7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
It's all about the proper technique. You have to heat up a very large surface around the dent very very hot (don't heat the dent directly!) and then spray the compressed air upside down so the fluorocarbons spray out nice and cold. Again, spray around the dent, not on it. This will cause the metal to rapidly contract and stretch out the dent. It works, you just have to know what your doing. Also keep in mind that it will not work well on plastic parts or dents that have a linear crease in them
I understand the concept of the contraction but I did exactly what you said not to lol and what temperature outside is best? Or does it matter?
Old 04-26-2012
Registered!!

dustysaw is an unknown quantity at this point

She's been sittin for a while so today, I jacked it up, cleaned off the bottom of any little rust spots, lubricated a few of the joints. Still spick and span underneath! Started it up too. Can't wait to get it back on the road!
Old 04-26-2012
Registered!!

HateOnEveryone is an unknown quantity at this point

Put,it on craigslist!
Old 04-26-2012
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

Oil and filter change

It was about 1,000 km overdue >.>
Old 04-27-2012
Custom User Title

torenxw is an unknown quantity at this point

Got an estimate on fixing my auto tranny. $2700. Anybody know how much a manual conversion would cost?
Old 04-27-2012
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

its cheaper just to replace the whole engine/transmission all together. a good engine/trans will run you about 700-1000$. labor would be a few hundred bucks.
Old 04-27-2012

sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

installed new hawk HP+ pads, resurfaced rotors, and bleed with motul RBF600

Name:  f53ec7ac.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  169.3 KB
Old 04-27-2012
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Any difference with the DOT4 fluid in the pedal feel?
Old 04-27-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Manual conversion is about the same in price as your tranny change unless you do the work yourself and source the parts. It can actually be done pretty cheap.
Old 04-27-2012
Custom User Title

torenxw is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 04-27-2012
Registered!!

Hardcoresteve is an unknown quantity at this point

Havent been on here in a while, because its been running good since the p&p and head rebuild. but on a bad note I backed into my gf's car last week after working 5 12 hour days then leaving for work saturday morning. Over 2500$ in damages
bent the subframe, and crushed the trunk tub.

Then two days ago I decided to smoke the tires, and blew out the cheapo china cv axles I put in 15,000miles ago. Ugh
So I ordered better axles (got a deal for $85 each) new from a company called cardone. My buddies 270hp passat is running them so they should be fine. Gotta fix it this weekend so I can take it to the bodyshop on monday...

I need new motor mounts so im considering the innovative polyuerethane mounts from corsport. They should be to my liking(i dont mind extra vibrations)

Ugh then I need control arms and struts. This car is murdering my wallet until its gone it seems... And 125,000 miles seems like the end of its ropes. Unfortunately I need this car for two more years. Until then, ill dream of getting a wrx. For now I get 135+whp and 36-41mpg on a built up modded motor.
Old 04-27-2012
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

few guys tried the innovative mounts and they wouldnt even bolt up properly. i would recommend ES bushing inserts. just front if you dont want too much vibration, or you can do front and rear. left and right do not have inserts. the front mount is really the only weak spot.
Old 04-27-2012
Registered!!

Hardcoresteve is an unknown quantity at this point

few guys tried the innovative mounts and they wouldnt even bolt up properly. i would recommend ES bushing inserts. just front if you dont want too much vibration, or you can do front and rear. left and right do not have inserts. the front mount is really the only weak spot.
Yea, I blew the front mount out twice, but the r/s tranny mount is ripped now and the side motor mount is weak. I heard the inserts werent worth it, but ive dealt with you enough on here in thd past n I trust your opinion. The inserts are the cheapest route so id prefer that anyway. Anythings better than the motor smacking the hood ha
Old 04-27-2012

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
Any difference with the DOT4 fluid in the pedal feel?
most fluids now a days are certified "DOT3/DOT4" compatible anyways. the DOT4 standard mostly deals with a higher wet/dry boiling point.

with that said, i bleed my brakes every 6 months so they always have new fluid in there...so i really cant compare "new" fluid to "old" fluid.

//////////edit

i forgot to mention, after i bedded in the pads, i took my sister's car out since i had to wait till my breaks fully cooled. she has a completely stock 2003 civic....

what a BIG difference in braking makes with SSlines, new-ish fluid, and good brake pads (even from a HAWKs HP-ceramic pad stand point)

her brakes had oem pads, stock rubber lines, and 6 month old fluid.
Old 04-27-2012
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Ive changed my fluid once in 7 years and my brakes work wonderful... and when I did replace it I only did the back lol
Old 04-27-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

How does SS lines improve braking performance? lol
Old 04-27-2012
Whachya lookin at?

^ Bling = 5 foot shorter braking distance.
Old 04-27-2012
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, that makes complete sense :P
Old 04-27-2012

My parents ordered a front lip for my birthday but it showed up in the mail 2 weeks early when I was the only one home

On another note, Excelerate performance triple charged me for my coilover order so now I have to go to my bank to get my $1663.44 back where it belongs... not as a negative number
Old 04-27-2012
CO&CA

TFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the roughTFMEX is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by krudmuphin
My parents ordered a front lip for my birthday but it showed up in the mail 2 weeks early when I was the only one home

On another note, Excelerate performance triple charged me for my coilover order so now I have to go to my bank to get my $1663.44 back where it belongs... not as a negative number
Old 04-27-2012
Registered!!

raymondxcho is an unknown quantity at this point

Changed my oil and filter after about 6500 miles.

Then I replaced my air filter.

Today is a good day for my Civic
Old 04-27-2012

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
How does SS lines improve braking performance? lol
they decrease the flex/expansion of the stock rubber lines...so you get a very liner and progressive feel to ur brakes. i think SS lines are the single most worthwhile mod on ur brakes.
Old 04-27-2012

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
^ Bling = 5 foot shorter braking distance.
i must be doing something wrong

my lines are covered in brake dust....lol no bling... i need to chrome plate them!
(well, they were, i wiped em down to show off when i took the pix. you know how ricers do it)
Old 04-27-2012
Whachya lookin at?

lol... Your brake lines are pretty badass

Quick Reply: What did you do to your civic today?