Photography & Videography Post your shots and ask your questions here.

new photography thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i would use curves for that one, but color balance would also work.
Old 04-30-2006

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
some new ones:

Old 04-30-2006
Search and Learn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice

Last edited by civicvtec1ps; 04-30-2006 at 03:16 AM.
Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by diskreet
this is what I meant
he can also play with the aperture a bit, if you close it more you will have a greater depth of field, so that might help a bit...although working close up really limits his options and no matter what he does he will have a lot of out of focus objects when shooting close ups. but it was a nice shot...

anyway...
Old 04-30-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by diskreet
this is what I meant

I did try that diskreet, and I tried it on diferent places but the lens doesn't allow to focus foreground and background simultaneosly..like some said, this is not entirely possible.

Last edited by cubanmike26; 04-30-2006 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Simply awesome man, i love the look of this.

Old 04-30-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by infinite012
ok what is that? don't tell me that is a basic tripod with a camera mount...
Old 04-30-2006

that's my tripod with manfrotto tripod head and lens mount for the sigma 70-200mm f/2.8. i put my tripod into one of the lower profile positions and took that pic cause i thought it looked cool.
Old 04-30-2006
Registered!!

civicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to allcivicstyle82 is a name known to all
Pretty cool pic, if you look close you can see the wings from a Bumblebee behind the flower

Old 05-01-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
Old 05-01-2006

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I like that man ^, the vignetting is good, makes your concentrate on the cars.
Old 05-01-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I understand in reply to what I said earlier, just trying add something.
Old 05-01-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by drew22mader
Vinagretta... I mean, vignetting = Photoshop?
Old 05-01-2006

Sometimes, sometimes can be caused by the lens hood.
Old 05-01-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Sometimes, sometimes can be caused by the lens hood.
by hood you mean its cutting the amount of light entering the lens?
Old 05-01-2006

Yep, sometimes the lens hood will prevent light from entering in, and the center of the image will be brighter, you'll find this alot more on wide angle lens.
Old 05-02-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
How can the hood affect.
Old 05-02-2006

the hood prevents light from glaring when shooting, sometimes it will not let the right amount of light to get to the lens.

Google it
Old 05-02-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
thanks! i looked that up on google

http://www.cs.mtu.edu/~shene/DigiCam...ens-hoods.html
for those who want the link
Old 05-02-2006
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
random, but oh well

Old 05-02-2006

Old 05-02-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
^^That looks nice!
Old 05-02-2006
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
Old 05-03-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
^^ nice pic.
Old 05-03-2006
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Yea its a great pic man, i think would be a lot better with out the shadows, alt lighting or some ps possibly.

well iposted this in one other thread, but this is an old pic i took with my old 3.2 cybershot, touched it up a bit

i miss my lip

Old 05-03-2006

Originally Posted by Caucasian.Asian
model pic
nice shot, but like the others said, you could've gotten rid of distracting shadows (from her leg and on the car) by using a fill flash. also, the girl seems out of focus by a tad.

but hey, you have models. i don't.
Old 05-04-2006
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
yeah, i know i need a lot more experience. but i'm learning and i've been able to get a few girls together, so thats helping.
from monday... another shot for a MAC makeup artist portfolio...

oh yeah, you can check out more photos of the model with the cars on my myspace in my blog...
www.myspace.com/villaluna
Old 05-05-2006
Registered!!

Not bad mang!

heres a couple i did at my pops

This one was the first one I did.

Thought maybe adding a little fade from the top may make it look better?

and the clock

Old 05-06-2006

maybe too much noise, but i like it.

Old 05-09-2006
Registered!!

01civicdriver is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been following this thread for quite some time. my dad is kind of a photographer as a hobby. it started out as him taking pictures of me at football games but then it grew into a full on sports photography hobby. i wsa wondering what you guys think of his Canon EOS mark II-n?

Quick Reply: new photography thread