Photography & Videography Post your shots and ask your questions here.

new photography thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006
Words on a User Title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by infinite012
pictures that i want to turn out good = mission critical...to me at least.

i shoot in Av mode (aperture priority). that way, the camera will auto select the proper shutter speed for a perfect exposure. sometimes when i review my images, they don't turn out either dark enough or bright enough. that is when i will switch to M mode (complete manual) and based on the settings used from Av mode, i will make the proper adjustments to the shutter speed/iso/aperture in order to make the shot.
Thanks.

I'm learning that with my Point and **** camera
It has M, in which you set everything but the aperture value (-1.7, 5.6, whatever, is that the correct name?), and P, in which you set everything but the picture speed (the 1/1000, 1/600, 1/60 thing... again, is that the name? lol)

I like doing that cuz my pictures end up real artsy.
Old 04-01-2006
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
you can have a negative aperture value? wtf? and by picture speed i think you mean shutter speed. it's the speed the shutter is open for in seconds. so, 1/1000 = 1/1000 of a second that the shutter will remain open.
Old 04-01-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by infinite012
you can have a negative aperture value? wtf? and by picture speed i think you mean shutter speed. it's the speed the shutter is open for in seconds. so, 1/1000 = 1/1000 of a second that the shutter will remain open.
lol!
I said numbers that came to mind, my bad. My camera is out of battery. But you know what I mean!!!
Old 04-01-2006

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
yeah i get it. anyways, LESS TALK MORE PICS!!!!!!

Old 04-01-2006
Words on a User Title

Wow, nice pics.
I'm going to the beach next weekend. What do you recommend me using as a setting in my camera?
This is my camera. A Sony CyberShit DSC-S90. How many times have I mentiones my camera in this thread?!?!? lol

Last edited by ramcosca; 04-01-2006 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-01-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Just bought some new things for the camera. Canon 200EG backpack, Canon 50mm F/1.8 lens, cleaning kit, Canon lens pouch, Hoya 58mm Circular Polarizer, 52mm & 58mm UV Filter, 52-58mm step up ring for Polarizer filter.

Originally Posted by ramcosca
Wow, nice pics.
I'm going to the beach next weekend. What do you recommend me using as a setting in my camera?
This is my camera. A Sony CyberShit DSC-S90. How many times have I mentiones my camera in this thread?!?!? lol
It just depends on the situations ramcosca, could be bright out, dark, overcast, just depends on what your wanting to shoot too. Birds, ocean, close up of ocean, how you want the water to appear.
Old 04-01-2006
Words on a User Title

Thanks. So that just means experiment on site?
Old 04-01-2006

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
yes definatly. You should get a feel for about what settings will work with situations the more you take photos. Instead of doing like 20 pictures to get the settings right, you will know about what to use and only take a few to get them to where you want them.
Old 04-02-2006
Registered!!

raffstyle is an unknown quantity at this point
supp yall!! well this post is about camera and photo.. and im looking at this Olympus E-300 D-SLR *8MP with 14-45mm lens and its $500 at dell.com.

any thoughts,advice,tips or suggestion regarding on buying this camera?... THANKS

From a 3.2 canon *edited
Old 04-02-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by drew22mader
Just bought some new things for the camera. Canon 200EG backpack, Canon 50mm F/1.8 lens, cleaning kit, Canon lens pouch, Hoya 58mm Circular Polarizer, 52mm & 58mm UV Filter, 52-58mm step up ring for Polarizer filter.
Nice, nice..
My old man's N60 has an 18-55mm which I heard is crappy on a D-SLR but hey, it's free so..and a Nikon 70-300 whcih I bought for him two years ago. I'm hoping a really good zoom with this last one. However, the one I'm most considering is the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 XR Di..good overall lens for practically anything, fast and still with a good zoom.
Old 04-02-2006

70-300mm is pretty slow, I'm thinking about getting the 70-200mm lens. The 18-55mm isn't a bad lens at all, its not free either. Its actually a $130 lens. I just bought the 50mm lens and i'm gonna use that and the kit lens together for macro shots, little thing infinite told me.
Old 04-02-2006

Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
one of the 1200+ pics I took this weekend at the Honda Grand Prix

also one I took of my friend before heading out...

Old 04-03-2006
Words on a User Title

oK? That lasty picture is a bit... freaky.
Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
^^^ lol
Old 04-03-2006

...curly nose hair
Old 04-03-2006

lol i was looking at that too! His eyes are blood shot too.
Old 04-03-2006
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ramcosca
oK? That lasty picture is a bit... freaky.
werd...it scared me a little bit
Old 04-03-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Ahhh...wish I had some Ganja mang! lol

Here a pic of my D50 w/ my point and shoot camera..biatch!..

Last edited by cubanmike26; 04-03-2006 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-03-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all

a photo take a few months ago... just ran into it browsing my computer edited and hosted it..... memories.......
Old 04-03-2006

Originally Posted by cubanmike26
Ahhh...wish I had some Ganja mang! lol

Here a pic of my D50 w/ my point and shoot camera..biatch!..

aww look at how cute it is! hahaha
Old 04-03-2006

lol, Nikons are cute little cameras, jk.
Old 04-03-2006
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
canon > nikon
Old 04-03-2006

imo:

d70s > rebel xt
20d > d70s
d200 > 20d
1dsmk2 > *
Old 04-03-2006

Originally Posted by ruffryde009

a photo take a few months ago... just ran into it browsing my computer edited and hosted it..... memories.......

see, even he knows da 50 is the ****..

nice pic man!
Old 04-03-2006

Before

After

For all you people who are like, wtf, they're the same. They are not the same. The second picture I used Noise Ninja to take out the remaing noise in the picture. I've tried Neat Image but it sucks and creates waves in the picture. So I went back to Noise Ninja and now i'm hooked.
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

STP03BlueSI is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is acouple from this weekends Race.

Me in the EP3 Race car

Realtime RSX Broke

Shooting with Sony DSC-F828 Most of the shots were shot at 5-8mp
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

umm... photography thread not random shots of grand prix thread chris

Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

STP03BlueSI is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by 02civic_rida
umm... photography thread not random shots of grand prix thread chris

Fine then..

Macro. no photoshop
Old 04-04-2006
Registered!!

^^^ shoulda used a tripod and no flash that lighting is to harsh mang, but none-the-less guud pic

Quick Reply: new photography thread