Photography & Videography Post your shots and ask your questions here.

new photography thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005
Search and Learn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Bored...

Last edited by civicvtec1ps; 12-15-2005 at 12:12 AM.
Old 12-14-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute

i have shot pics at the same spot b4. good location
Old 12-18-2005
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Old 12-24-2005

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
how come nobody posts in here but me?

Old 12-25-2005
Registered!!

raquel is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 12-26-2005

Originally Posted by raquel
nice. is that a self portrait?
Old 12-26-2005
that little dude

slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
These pics were taken with my Canon SD400, all in auto mode, all downsized from the original:

Toronto downtown taken from the CN Tower

Standing on the glass floor in the CN Tower, looking down about 1100 feet I think:

Picture of an audio install my friends did in a Z06 corvette:

These pictures were taken with my new Canon Digital Rebel XT, all in auto mode (still learning how to use it), using the 18-55mm lens it came with (need recommendations on a new lens), all pics downsized of course:

Hooptie that my friends did an audio install in, what a hunk of crap:

Scene from Day After Tomorrow, trying to take a still of a moving image:

The inside of my PowerBook, took a picture of the sweet speakers that are in it (and yes, that quarter was in there also, lol):

Once I learn how to take good pictures, I will put that Rebel to good use.
Old 12-26-2005

tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 and sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 both get good reviews. i think that will be my next lens purchase after i get my 70-200
Old 12-26-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by civicvtec1ps
Bored...
that picture is badass can you email me a high res picture? I want it for a background on my pc
Old 12-26-2005
that little dude

I was thinking about getting a good 70-200 and then one for macro use, the 18-55 should be good enough for general usage.
The lady at the store I bought my camera from told me that Tamron was better than Canon lenses, plus they are cheaper, true?
Old 12-26-2005

bullshit. canon lenses are the ****, true story. tamron has available alternatives, and while they may not give 100% of what the canon does, it is definitely a competitor. companies like tamron, sigma, and tokina exist so that they may provide a cheaper, optically up to par alternative to expensive lenses like the Canon L line.
Old 12-27-2005
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
Bored

350d kit lens.
Old 12-27-2005
that little dude

Since this is the photography thread, anyone how good those photo printers are, like the HP Photosmart 475.
Old 12-28-2005
make it a habit

vivid_BLUE will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by infinite012
was this how the photo was taken, or was it touched up afterwards?
Old 12-28-2005

touched up in photoshop.
Old 12-28-2005
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about

i will have more pics later tonight
Old 12-29-2005
xam
snooty patooty partier

xam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura aboutxam has a spectacular aura about

Old 12-29-2005
that little dude

For anyone that cares, I bought the HP Photosmart 475 Portable printer.
I must say, this thing is really cool, and the prints come out really nice also.
It has a 1.5gb hard drive built in for photo storage, so you can keep your favorites saved at all times.
You can read pictures off of USB jump drives, XD/SD/MS/CF (including Microdrives). Fully functional without the use of a computer, but works with both Windows and Mac's.
It has a 2.5" Display, red eye removing software built in, built in borders to add to pictures, cropping capabilities, orientation switching. Its pretty featured for a consumer grade product.
Includes a remote for slideshows (came with an A/V cable for viewing pics on your TV), 14mL Ink cartridge, and a few 5x7 sheets (this one will print on 4x6 and 5x7).
It was $200, and well worth it if you want to print lots of pics, especially on the go. 100 4x6 sheets was $16 or so, and the ink cartridge was $29 (I bought an extra one). One 14mL ink cartridge should do 100 sheets (4x6) and like 60-70 5x7's.
You can buy the optional bluetooth adapter for the printer so that you can transfer pics to it with a cable (you have to have BT on your laptop/desktop), also has an optional battery for portable use.
I'm going to continue printing out some pics, feel free to ask me anything about this printer if you want info.

And keep the sweet pics coming, I want to see what you guys can do so I have ideas on how to take pics
Old 12-29-2005
7thgen Terminator Ninja

booba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to beholdbooba5185 is a splendid one to behold
i wish i had a good camera, but for an idea, fish tanks are f*cking badass pictures, especially with bubble curtains
Old 01-03-2006

Old 01-05-2006
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
finally got a scanner... you can also check out my myspace page in my link.

Old 01-05-2006
Search and Learn

Last edited by civicvtec1ps; 01-05-2006 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-05-2006
My CRX is stocker than yours

CRX_Becca is on a distinguished road
Old 01-06-2006

Originally Posted by civicvtec1ps

dude that second pic would look awesome if you made the background look infrared-ish.

awesome shots everyone.
Old 01-18-2006

Old 01-20-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
just some shots from the roll i just finished. no touchups, just the raw pix from the photo cd.

camera: minolta x-700 MF; lens: vivitar 28-85 zoom; film: kodak supra 400; no flash

Old 01-20-2006

film sure has a nice dynamic range to it.

Old 01-20-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
I just found this thread and I figured i would post some pics i've taken. Here ya go, just took these today after detailing the engine bay.

Old 01-20-2006
7thgen Terminator Ninja

Originally Posted by drew22mader
I just found this thread and I figured i would post some pics i've taken. Here ya go, just took these today after detailing the engine bay.

I see you cleaned my sperm off
Old 01-20-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
lol! I still remember that you said that, yea, it wasn't that hard to clean off. I need a damn DSLR so bad, i want the Canon Rebel XT.

Quick Reply: new photography thread