Photography & Videography Post your shots and ask your questions here.

new photography thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
That but you need a good base to work with. And you definatly know how to shoot man!
Old 03-09-2006
People Eating Tasty Animals PETA

Gangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to all

my digital camera SUCKS!!! I was trying to get a close up of my clip loaded w/ HP 7.62X39 grrr
Old 03-09-2006
Registered!!

dj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to alldj02 is a name known to all
here are some from my trip to guatemala.

all these where shot with 35mm film not digi. the orginals look better then these scans from the place i got them devloped at. would help if i resized them to but im lazy :O

Last edited by dj02; 03-09-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-10-2006

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Well guys, i made a big step in the photography world, I was using my gf's Canon A75 camera to take all my pics, i bought it for her birthday 2 yrs ago, its a 3.2mp camera.

I just purchased my very first digital camera, A Canon Rebel XT DSLR. I can't freakin wait to get it in!! I also purchased a 1gig Memory Card and Lens Blower, and a UV lens cover. So now hopefully my pics will be better, i will need to learn alot more stuff with cameras, but hopefully with time and patience and lots of picture taking i can become as good as Infinite.
Old 03-10-2006
Search and Learn

civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
You def will want new lens.
18-55 won't cut it.

Last edited by civicvtec1ps; 03-10-2006 at 01:54 AM.
Old 03-10-2006
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
just got my new Nikon D200 in the mail this afternoon. here is a couple of shots i did so i can used to the camera..

can't wait until i get to actually put this thing to use...
Old 03-10-2006

Originally Posted by civicvtec1ps
You def will want new lens.
18-55 won't cut it.
Which lens do you think i should get?
Old 03-10-2006
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
i like the starbucks cupholder on the ep3
Old 03-10-2006
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by drew22mader
Which lens do you think i should get?
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

some L glass
Old 03-11-2006

Well the camera will be here Tuesday, and i can't wait! I have one question though, my mom isn't too familiar with Manual settings, does the Xt offer an Auto control?
Old 03-11-2006
Tighter than a third eye after 1 week in prison.

Caucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the roughCaucasian.Asian is a jewel in the rough
i'm starting to love my D200

Old 03-11-2006
Detroit what?

Cjddrum12 is an unknown quantity at this point
A few of mine...

Old 03-12-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gangsta Dave
my digital camera SUCKS!!! I was trying to get a close up of my clip loaded w/ HP 7.62X39 grrr
Ummm... maybe it's not the camera, maybe it's you (J/k!). You should look for a macro feature on your camera (it's normally a flower). It's used for closeups. If you're on an SLR, get a macro lens.

Awesome shots dj02.
drew: I think it does... I researched that camera a few weeks back. I think it does.
Caucasian.Asian: your pics are AWESOME! Love them! Keep posting! The D200 is an awesome piece of machinery. Take great care of that camera!!!

Well, here's some of my shots I took on today's trip to Rincón, the "west-most" city of the island. It's a city that's mostly visited or lived by surfers, for obvious reasons. This place has the best surf of the island.

I'm kinda still learning to take good pictures, so be patient. Also, no tripod yet. Sony CyberShot DSC-S90.
Note: all I did to the pictures was resize them, no retouching with Photoshop. Also, Tinypic seems to have resized some. I uploaded @ 640*480, but... as you can see...

Sun through the gates. I like this one, although I didn't shoot it right. The light was too much for my eyes at the moment, couldn't see the LCD.

Rincón Lighthouse. I took a few pictures of it cuz I simply love lighthouses (they emit light, which I love)

<--- Love this shot!

Sunset @ Rincón. This is the best place to watch the sunset in the whole island. Great views!!! (There's actually a place where "normal" people go and take pics and see the sunset (near the base of the lightouse), but since I'm not a "normal" person (at all), I decided to take them from the beach (just a dozen feet away, but much better views, better shots!... I think)

Toy shovel. Macro of the day. Simple, yet effective. (I know, I was a few inches away, but still... took this picture while being unbalanced on wet sand.

The tree's rasta garbage. Just wanted to get a shot of the garbage cans and the trees but daaaaaamn. The back looks soooooooo beautiful. It did NOT look like this when you saw it with your eyes.

Lights, resumed. I took the shot on the right a few weeks ago... it's one of those swirly light bulbs that shine real shiny, lol. One of my favorite all-time pics. The other one I took today. It's a light post on Rincón... few feet above me.

I hope you enjoy my first set of pictures! Would LOVE comments on what I did right, what I didn't, what I could do to get some better shots... and I know a tripod is in there, somewhere. Thanks.

Last edited by ramcosca; 03-12-2006 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-12-2006
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
nice shots
Old 03-12-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
nice red x's
Old 03-12-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Mine??? I can see them...

Let me know if it's me so I can change them.

Last edited by ramcosca; 03-12-2006 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-12-2006
Registered!!

jameStype is an unknown quantity at this point
visited the waterfalls today.
Old 03-15-2006

Heres one with the new camera

Old 03-15-2006
For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.

blackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant futureblackBDMcivicLX has a brilliant future
Just a picture I took last night on my way to pick up my wife from work. I'm no photographer by any means but I thought it looked kind of cool. All I did to take the pic was put the camera between the windshield and the dash and hit the button, nothing special.
Old 03-16-2006
Words on a User Title

Originally Posted by drew22mader
Heres one with the new camera

Sweet

Love the frame. Looks so good for it.
Old 03-16-2006

NoLeadEmSoMuch will become famous soon enoughNoLeadEmSoMuch will become famous soon enough
Atlantic City Boardwalk 2004 Airshow Opener...

Old 03-19-2006
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold

one of many shots to come

Last edited by infinite012; 03-19-2006 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-21-2006
Premium Member

nice infinite as always

i decided i want to try and play with fire...here is one attempt

Old 03-21-2006

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
thanks, kirks. that's a really cool shot of the match.

Old 03-21-2006
Words on a User Title

That looks like it was so fake... whoa.
Old 03-22-2006
Registered!!

Civicccc will become famous soon enoughCivicccc will become famous soon enough
Click here for Rest of the pics

Old 03-22-2006

Nice pics ^
Old 03-22-2006
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
Well i was told to post these in this thread, so here goes nuffin

its my first two days playin with the cam , still lot for me to learn before i get the two lenses i want

be nice now
Old 03-22-2006

Nick man, hella nice pics. My favorite is the interior shot. I love the lighting for it. Your getting good.
Old 03-22-2006

adventure cat!

Quick Reply: new photography thread