Photography & Videography Post your shots and ask your questions here.

new photography thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
lol..you're right..I noticed it when I turned off the lights here..

I was like WTF, how?? yeah, I tried avoiding it, but there was reflection everywhere I went. Wish I could I shoot outside the building, like on the roof, but if I do that they may call the popo on me
Old 04-14-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by diskreet
Ok, Here are a ton of pics.
All taken by me on a Casio QV-R51 camera. Most setting are just on auto for all these pics (its a great little cheap camera!)
I've always said that great pictures are a result of a mixture: 24% good camera, 66% photographer, 10% tripod.

BTW... **** ELECTRONICS LAB! I hate it!! Too many small, easily brakeable things!!!
Old 04-14-2006
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Old 04-14-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ramcosca
I've always said that great pictures are a result of a mixture: 24% good camera, 66% photographer, 10% tripod.

BTW... **** ELECTRONICS LAB! I hate it!! Too many small, easily brakeable things!!!
Lol no tripod on that picture!!!
That was me holding it with just my hand in the air, close-up focus setting, and flash off. Camera really takes care of the rest.

As for my EE lab, I love playing with stuff up there. I was building that circuit for the fun of it. It was a stop light with adjustable timing for all 3 lights, not just all three fixed at a certain ratio. Was pretty simple.
Old 04-14-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by infinite012
zoom zoom.. nice pic
Old 04-15-2006

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
thanks. i don't like how i edited it, though.

Old 04-15-2006
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
heres some of my best....lemme know what you guys think

camera is a sony cyber shot 5.1 mp and the 1st picture is going to be featured in a coffee table book. and it also moved onto semi finals in a photography contest
Old 04-15-2006

like the guys at accessphoto said, i dont think the 1st picture is all that great. you should've entered the pic with the ITR instead.
Old 04-15-2006

[QUOTE=infinite012]thanks. i don't like how i edited it, though.[QUOTE]

It kinda looks like a GT4 shot with that bluish tone.

nice pics Mugenman

Last edited by cubanmike26; 04-15-2006 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2006
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
the pic of the itr was recent...the pic with the jdm teg was awhile ago. and i just entered it. and i got something in the mail sayin its gonna be in a book. so idk someone liked it lol
Old 04-15-2006

well, hey, that's great! keep on doing what you do cause it works for some people
Old 04-15-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
sHIATtt i just noticed the misspelling :-/

Last edited by ruffryde009; 04-15-2006 at 07:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2006
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
well, finally had a day to go chillax and take a few pics, here are a few for now, i'll post more up laterz

and one funky one from last week

Last edited by 02civic_rida; 04-15-2006 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-15-2006
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
the dusty lights above my computer

Old 04-16-2006
Registered!!

THeMusiKMaN will become famous soon enoughTHeMusiKMaN will become famous soon enough
ohhh i likey.
Old 04-16-2006

f/1.8 rox joor sox

why does this thread always die when i post something?

Last edited by infinite012; 04-16-2006 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-16-2006

lol..not at all

peeking..

why is it that in RAW the pics come out so little? do they have to be like decoded to JPEG or something before being able to see them? I don't have CS2 so I'm kinda having a hardtime..

Last edited by cubanmike26; 04-16-2006 at 10:09 PM.
Old 04-16-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cubanmike26
why is it that in RAW the pics come out so little? do they have to be like decoded to JPEG or something before being able to see them? I don't have CS2 so I'm kinda having a hardtime..

well I dunno what the hell you just said.....aside from jpeg.....
Old 04-16-2006

cubanmike - you will need a RAW image viewer or photoshop cs2. i believe nikon has a program that will work, but you have to pay for that program.
Old 04-17-2006

Originally Posted by shroomster

well I dunno what the hell you just said.....aside from jpeg.....

he he..

Thanks Infinite, that's what I thought..I tried getting CS2 from Download.com, but it says Windows couln't open it..after downloading 307 MB ..as of now I'm using the program that came with the the camera to edit the photos, but it's very limited to what you can do, plus I don't see anywhere that it'd let me convert the files to JPEG so..till I get the converter program, I'll just save the pics on JPEG format
Old 04-18-2006

you have to get adobe photoshop cs2 and adobe raw converter. i have taken the liberty of uploading the raw converter to my website: http://pictures.dirtysamurai.com/mme...ra_Raw_3_3.zip

instructions:
extract file to [C]:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS2\File Formats

replace [C] with the proper drive letter.

Last edited by infinite012; 04-18-2006 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-18-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by infinite012 through Dirtysamurai.com
THAT IS ONE AWESOME SHOT
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
what do you guys think of this first attempt at flower shots lol and first attempt with PS'n multiple fotos

Last edited by ruffryde009; 04-19-2006 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light02civic_rida is a glorious beacon of light
^^ to saturated man, also kinda looks like it made it more contrast as well... i know its part of ur style, but with that pic, im not feelin it. however, the angle and everything is guud imo

Last edited by 02civic_rida; 04-19-2006 at 08:01 AM.
Old 04-19-2006

Originally Posted by shroomster
THAT IS ONE AWESOME SHOT
thanks. that one was actually shot from inside my car at a red light (it turned green right after i shot this).

another one of my car:
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

wait what? lol how are you taking those pictures of the miata exactly? its probably a dumb question o well
Old 04-19-2006

i own it and i have lights and a camera. lol
Old 04-19-2006
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
what kind of lights?? and where are you taking the pics?
Old 04-19-2006

utility lamps. like the ones you find at construction sites, but for civilians. you can buy the 1000w (500w x2) at sears for $30.
Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

Alex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura aboutAlex1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ruffryde009
wait what? lol how are you taking those pictures of the miata exactly? its probably a dumb question o well
Hey man, can you check your inbox when you get a chance please. Thanks!

Quick Reply: new photography thread