Photography & Videography Post your shots and ask your questions here.

new photography thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006
Words on a User Title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Damn Simeon! Nice pictures! I'm amazed by those pictures.
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

Taffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant futureTaffy has a brilliant future
I'm not one to boast or brag but.....

MY NEW TOY!!!

I know the lens isn't very good, but I just want something to learn on for know until I get the hang of using an SLR. So then I can blow all my hard earned cash on lenses

My old Sony CyberShot was a very loyal camera, but it's time to put her to rest, and only be used for eBay purposes

I'm so happy, I can't wait to shoot something when I get time.
Old 06-03-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-03-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all
Old 06-04-2006
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Went to a car show yesterday... lots and lots of pics. 224 made it into the album, there were way more than that that didnt'.

All pics can be found at http://www.2k4civic.com/albums/carshows/killercustoms

Some faves...

Last edited by MegaHurtz; 06-04-2006 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-04-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-04-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
WTF? Toy trucks?

Congrats on the cam, PD!

Last edited by ramcosca; 06-04-2006 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-05-2006
Premium Member

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
I picked up a Canon Powershot S2 IS. Its not a full pro camera but not a noob piece either. Took a few shots outside today to get a feel for ole' girl.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0233 (Large) (Medium).JPG
Views:	74
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	66647   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0232 (Large) (Medium).JPG
Views:	84
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	66648  

Last edited by XSRCivic; 06-05-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Nice pics yall! Glad to see that more ppl are joining this thread

I wish I had more time to shoot
Old 06-07-2006
Registered!!

Canadian Si will become famous soon enoughCanadian Si will become famous soon enough
I'm not the best photographer but I try !!

Couple more I have !!

Last edited by Canadian Si; 06-07-2006 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-08-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Wow! that last eagle shot looks awesome, too bad for the bluriness
Old 06-09-2006
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Was playing around a bit tonight...

50mm, 1/200, f/1.8, ISO 800

Old 06-09-2006
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
i havent touched my camera in the longest time (damn you summer classes).

Old 06-09-2006

Do you guys set the ISO at a diferent level evertime or just set it to auto?

what's better?
Old 06-09-2006

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
depends on the situation. if i'm outside on a bright, sunny day, my iso is usually always set to 100. if i'm indoors, iso 800 and 1600 work best (unless i have studio lights or something going on).
Old 06-09-2006
Banned

I shoot at the lowest ISO that I can get away with... usually ISO 100, but I may change it depending on how I want the picture to look.
Old 06-10-2006
Registered!!

ruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to allruffryde009 is a name known to all

welll i was playing around with the settings on the camera... by raising the sharpness setting on the camera made the picture come out more crisp and detailed in texture.

I dont have an SLR... i have a sony dsc-f707.. i think it does the job well though.

let me know what you guys think

0 SHARPNESS (DEFAULT SETTING)

+2 SHARPNESS take a look at the wood base and the gold swirls on the bottom, alot more detailed

Last edited by ruffryde009; 06-10-2006 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-10-2006
Banned

w00t, I got a new toy today!

Old 06-10-2006
Premium Member

Old 06-10-2006

Originally Posted by MegaHurtz
w00t, I got a new toy today!

i hate you
Old 06-10-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by infinite012
i hate you
DITTO!
Old 06-11-2006
Banned

I'm loving it . Ever since I saw the first images from this lens, I knew I had to have it. After having a chance to use it a week ago, I knew my life would not be complete without it. I spent the last week trying to pick out a selection of lenses that I plan on purchasing over the next year or so, and this one had to be the first. Also got a Hoya UV filter to go with it.

The first set of pics I took with it: http://www.2k4civic.com/albums/shoots/teamshadow

Those pics were taken about 90 minutes after buying the lens

I also checked out a few other lenses when I was at the camera shop today: the EF-S 17-85mm IS, 70-200mm F4L and EF-S 60mm macro. I wanted to check out the 70-300mm IS also but they didn't have any in stock . I am still torn between that one and the 70-200mm for a tele. Obviously, I want the quality of the L lens, but I also want the extra zoom and IS of the 70-300mm, so I'm going to have to do some thinking.

Some other sample pics I took today with the other lenses...

EF-S 60mm Macro USM:

EF-S 17-85mm IS USM @ 17mm:

EF-S 17-85mm IS USM @ 85mm:

EF 70-200mm F4L USM @ 70mm:

EF 70-200mm F4L USM @ 200mm:

Old 06-11-2006

Great lens Megahurtz, wide angle shots rule!
Old 06-11-2006
Premium Member

kirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to beholdkirks04ex is a splendid one to behold
nice addition to ur collection..how much did you get it for? i really want a 17-40 L lens to replace the kit lens
Old 06-11-2006
Banned

I paid something like $1200 CAD after tax for the lens + the UV filter
Old 06-21-2006

i havent taken any pictures in a while. summer classes are almost over, though, so i should be getting some more shots in soon
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

stephenb80 is an unknown quantity at this point
i am going to be studying photography soon so hopefully i will get better. here is one i like.

Old 06-26-2006
Words on a User Title

Hey guys I have a question...
I'm gonna be taking some pictures of my girl this weekend, like... "modeling" thing. Can you guys give me hints on how to do it correctly so it can look at least nice with my POS equipment (aka: Sony Cybershit DSC-S90 point & shoot)? I really don't have much experience taking portraits... all and any advice will be appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!!!
Old 06-26-2006
Registered!!

stephenb80 is an unknown quantity at this point
whenever you photograph people, you want a nice background that doesn't take away from the person. something simple and contrasting. and always always take the pic looking straight in their eyes. don't take it too far away either.
Old 06-27-2006
blah™

Excal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ramcosca
(aka: Sony Cybershit DSC-S90 point & shoot)?
hey does that have a panoramic setting on it?

Quick Reply: new photography thread