Photography & Videography Post your shots and ask your questions here.

new photography thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
looks awesome. would be better if it werent shrunken down with this stupid 7thgen resizing thing.
Old 10-27-2006

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold

new flash came in today!
Old 10-27-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light
2 from last weekend.

Old 10-27-2006
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Nice flash Michael. Does it do wireless TTL? I was looking at one a while back but went with a Canon instead
Old 10-28-2006

it can do wireless e-ttl metering, but i would have to get either another sigma 500 super, a st-e2, or a set of pocket wizards. i think...
Old 10-29-2006
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Pocket wizards are TTL?
Old 10-29-2006

i thought they were...
Old 11-04-2006

Old 11-04-2006

Old 11-04-2006
Banned

nice, how did you do the lighitng in that second pic?
Old 11-05-2006

onboard camera + 1 sigma 500 super with omni bounce above the shoes pointed down towards them. i think i set the power level to 1/64 on the sigma super.
Old 11-05-2006
Banned

how did you trigger it?
Old 11-05-2006

the sigma super has optical slave mode. it flashes when it detects any camera flash. case in point, i used my sister's point and shoot camera to take a picture of my rebel xt. the point and shoot flash triggered the sigma super, and i got better lighting.

(it's a link because 7thgen f ucking sucks at showing images now)
http://subdomain.dirtysamurai.com/pi...ebelxtgrip.jpg
Old 11-05-2006
Banned

Wow, now THAT is a nice feature! I doubt my 580EX has that
Old 11-06-2006

i thought the 580ex would have it. considering it does wireless e-ttl...
Old 11-06-2006
Banned

I've never even considered that it might. I've never heard of anybody using it like that. Definitely looking into it .
Old 11-06-2006
Banned

boo, just found out that the 580ex won't do optical slave
Old 11-06-2006

it can do wireless e-ttl, though, right? like....it should. it's a freaking 580ex. you paid upwards of $400USD for it..
Old 11-06-2006
Banned

Yes it is a wireless master. It also does neat things that the 430 doesn't.. strobe for one.
Old 11-29-2006

Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

Canadian Si will become famous soon enoughCanadian Si will become famous soon enough
Awesome pics guys ! I was tryin to start a new thread in this section but couldn't ! I also know this has been covered a few times but I was still looking for some opinions ! I am about to buy my 1st dslr. Canon Rebel XTi is my choice. I also looked at the Nikon D80 but it has features I know I will never use plus it a few hundred dollars more ! I am looking at the XTi with 18-55mm factory lens & also buying the Ef 75-300 lens. The only thing I find with the Canon is it feels a little small in the hands. What do you think guys ! Sorry for the long winded question !http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...0&modelid=7444

Last edited by Canadian Si; 12-10-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-10-2006
What happened to this forum?

silv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to all
Save your money on the 75-300 lens for a L lens or something with a USM focus. If you do go with the Canon. But, I would take a D80 over the XTi any day.
Old 12-10-2006
Registered!!

Canadian Si will become famous soon enoughCanadian Si will become famous soon enough
The lens is a USM ! I wouldn't mind the Nikon but its $500+ more than the Canon. The processor Canon uses is better I heard also ! I am just gettin into photography too, so the Canon will do fine I think ! This is why I need some advice.
Old 12-10-2006
What happened to this forum?

silv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to allsilv3rciv is a name known to all
hah... I'm one to talk I have the XT. Couldn't have picked anything more perfect for what I do.

Edit: Sorry didn't look at the link you gave. I have a 75-300 but I would have gone with something with more mid range.

Last edited by silv3rciv; 12-10-2006 at 11:46 PM.
Old 12-11-2006

don't waste your time with the canon 75-300. if you really want a cheap, sharpish telephoto in that range, look at the sigma 70-300. it's an all around better lens than the canon.

as for the body - it's really up to whichever you feel best suits you, both in feel and in features. i got the XT because i thought i would use it to its full potential and nothing more, but was i wrong. i'm looking to upgrade bodies to either the 20D/30D or a bigger step up to the 1D/1DMK2/1DMK2N, but that probably won't happen for 3 years lol.

a few things that might sway your decision: canon's autofocus system is much better than nikon's. canon uses electronics, nikon uses mechanics. nikon's old school lenses will work with their new digital bodies, but canon forces you to migrate from FD mount to EF mount - not a big deal if you're just getting into the game.
Old 12-13-2006
Registered!!

Well I did it ! I went out & bought the XTi. Nikon just outta my range right now & sems like the Canon will do the job. I also bought the Sigma 70-300 lens! Thanks dirtySAMURAI for the input. Now to figure out how to use it
Old 12-17-2006
Registered!!

estebomb_ftw will become famous soon enough
Hey, what's up guys? I'm planning on getting a Nikon D50 soon and was looking at this lens. Anyone know if it will fit? Tokina 12-24mm
Old 12-18-2006

****ing stupidass 7thgen making me post a smaller resolution image. STUPID!!!!

Last edited by dirtySAMURAI; 12-18-2006 at 07:59 PM.
Old 12-18-2006
There is gl@ss in my @SS...

drew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond reputedrew22mader has a reputation beyond repute
Picture is all jagged dirty. 7thgen does that to pictures now.
Old 12-20-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
I like the composition and colors of that panoramic, very nice! Was that with the 10-20?

Trying out something I saw on a magazine...

Into the X-mas tree

Quick Reply: new photography thread