Photography & Videography Post your shots and ask your questions here.

new photography thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
i...GUESS! shes pretty hot.
Old 09-20-2006
I log in from time to time
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
she's not smiling in any of them. turns me off
Old 09-20-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Hurts2bStock

......now thats a good look
Her getting into the trunk?

Last edited by SLO REX; 09-20-2006 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-20-2006
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dirtySAMURAI
she's not smiling in any of them. turns me off
That was the whole idea, it's the look I wanted for these pics. I looked at some of the Guess work before doing it, and they are all serious, I wanted these to be along the same lines. In that respect, I think they turned out well
Old 09-21-2006

dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
that's good that you were going for a style.

anyways, here's a random one...

Old 09-22-2006
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
^^^ I love days like that, just enough clouds to keep it interesting...nice pic

We had a thunder shower mixed with sun (weird weather for here) and i snapped this no PP except the sig.

Last edited by Hurts2bStock; 09-22-2006 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-26-2006
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light
Old 09-26-2006
Premium Member

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
I wish it was in better focus

I love my Actionsampler Flash camera!
Old 09-29-2006
Registered!!

pbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant futurepbfoot has a brilliant future
just posting in here because i want as many of you photojunkies coming to this thing. ben, you missed the last one cause you dont check the site much anymore...this one is well in advance...so we hope to see you there.

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=277940
Old 09-29-2006
Banned

MegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud ofMegaHurtz has much to be proud of
snap!

Old 09-29-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
Coño!!!! lol
Old 09-29-2006

boo. f/2.8 rox joor sox.

Old 09-29-2006
Banned

L > joo
Old 09-29-2006

true. i really wanted the canon 70-200 f/2.8L but that thing is twice as expensive as the sigma 70-200 f/2.8.

anyways, great purchase. i hear the f/4L is sharper than the f/2.8L (both versions)
Old 09-29-2006

cubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of lightcubanmike26 is a glorious beacon of light
hmm Sigma's making some pretty damn good lenses

show some shots now
Old 09-29-2006
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
what the hell do you guys need rocket launchers for your cameras for? lol
Old 09-29-2006

Originally Posted by cubanmike26
hmm Sigma's making some pretty damn good lenses

show some shots now
yep, sigma lenses are not to be laughed at. mine produces stunning images with exceptional sharpness and color rendition. of course i will obviously go the extra 2 yards and photoshop the pictures. anyways, here are some shots i took from when i visited San Francisco in March. all shots were handheld with the sigma 70-200 f/2.8

and a few ones that i edited just now (from the same time that i took the above pictures):

last one taken with kit lens:

Last edited by dirtySAMURAI; 09-29-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2006
Banned

Nice shots, badass lens.

Yours is actually the lens I wanted, but they didn't have any in stock at my camera place yesterday, and I didn't really want to spend another $4-500 just to get 1 extra stop, so F4L it was. The Canon 2.8L is just too expensive to justify the cost. I would maybe have waited for the Sigma, but I am planning on shooting a couple of events this weekend, and this lens is going to be perfect for the job. Granted 1 is an indoor car show, so that stop might have helped, but I'm sure I will still be OK even if I have to shoot at ISO 1600.

I haven't really played with it yet, but I did take a few test shots with it last night. One of them was of a can of rootbeer @ 70mm, 1/40, 3200 ISO... the detail was amazing, even at 100% out of the camera, it was very sharp and very little noise.
Old 09-29-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold

If I got home 5 minutes earlier I would have had a picture of a 100% perfect rainbow. It was completly solid throughout and unbelievebly vibrant.
I was in awe when I saw it, because I have never seen a rainbow so perfect. It was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen

Also excuse the quality of the picture as it was thrown together just to share here. I am sure you guys apprecite the awesomeness of the opportunity.
Old 09-30-2006
Shinier than yours, meatbag

Hurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud ofHurts2bStock has much to be proud of
Thats^^^ awsome.......

On the subject of cool weather.....took this this morning from the living room

Old 09-30-2006
Banned

wow nice view!

party at simon's place?
Old 10-10-2006
Registered!!

Canadian Si will become famous soon enoughCanadian Si will become famous soon enough
Just a pic I took at work ! Just gettin' into the photography scene !

Old 10-11-2006
Premium Member

speedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the roughspeedracersong is a jewel in the rough
5 more days until canon rebates!
Old 10-12-2006

i focking broke my flash after i took pictures of my new phone

time for me to buy canon 580ex?
Old 10-12-2006
Detroit what?

Cjddrum12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dirtySAMURAI
i focking broke my flash after i took pictures of my new phone

time for me to buy canon 580ex?
tis....i have one and i love it
Old 10-13-2006

full story here: http://www.dirtysamurai.com
Old 10-14-2006

Basketball games are a great subject; unfortunately down here in Miami they don't allow DSLRs during the games, only small cameras..really sucks

Have you had that problem before?
Old 10-14-2006

Originally Posted by cubanmike26
Basketball games are a great subject; unfortunately down here in Miami they don't allow DSLRs during the games, only small cameras..really sucks

Have you had that problem before?
never. i'm actually going to try and get another media pass for this season. i had one for last season, but only went to a few games.

without the media pass, i get hassled by security. they tell me to open my backpack (it holds my camera + lenses + some other stuff), so i show them my camera, and then they let me on my way.
Old 10-22-2006
Registered!!

DaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of lightDaRk_MauL is a glorious beacon of light
I got a moonshot through my cheap telescope.it think it look nice.

Old 10-22-2006

haven't had much time to shoot at all..testing the panoramic

Quick Reply: new photography thread