West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Portland

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Portland

^ read the exhaust FAQ dawggggg I'm too drunk to explain all that **** out again =)

Hint: you need the pipes between the downpipe an the muffler.
Old 02-28-2009
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point

heh perfect I found this guy parting out an ex so I'm goin to try to get his piping and downpipe. He says that he has DC headers and stock ones, is there really a big difference between the two? (he wants way more for the dc sports one lol)
Old 02-28-2009
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

Pick up the DC header. Might as well go aftermarket now instead of later.

Is that guy local... what else does he have?
Old 03-01-2009

heh I suppose. What do you think I should offer him for the header, downpipe, and piping for? I was thinking 150 sounds reasonable since he wants 90 for the dc header and 40 for the downpipe but said he'd give me a better offer if i buy it all at once.

Not sure Triz you want me to ask him if he has any other aftermarket parts? I found it on CL the other day, and saw several ppl parting out 05 vics give it a looksee
Old 03-02-2009
Premium Member

Yeah I took a look... looks like the exhaust piping was cut, maybe thats the one your talking about.. and the header looked like it was for a k20, not a D17, but we might not be talking about the same one... link?
Old 03-02-2009

the guy didnt post pics just some info. I've been talking to him through email. asked if he had anything else aftermarket but already sold it all. just the exhaust left hopefully i'll get it all for dirt cheap
Old 03-02-2009

Well the guy said he'll sell me everything for 100 . He keeps telling me that its not a full exhaust system though and I'm not sure what he means cause he has the header, downpipe, the mid piping stuff which he said was custom and then a muffler am I missing something there?
Old 03-02-2009

Well now CL sucks cause the guy doesn't want to sell me the damn downpipe anymore but he'll give me the DC headers, piping, and exhaust for 90 bucks :\ RAGEEEEEEEE
Old 03-02-2009
Premium Member

Ha, that sucks... thats still a good deal if you were just to get the header, might as well take it.
Old 03-02-2009

yeah hes goin to give me his exhaust and dc header for 100. I found anohter downpipe I can buy but the guy's in seattle :/ and i'm not sure what its worth. I found this on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...Q5fCarQ5fParts

and its only 22 bucks so I was goin to offer him like 30 bucks for his downpipe you think thats reasonable?
Old 03-02-2009
Premium Member

Thats just a test pipe, no cat at all, just a resonator in place. 30 for a cat is ridiculous, probably like 75 would have it in your hands
Old 03-03-2009

well the guy said he'd give me the downpipe for sure if i traded him a couple of useless items i have around the house so I now have the full exhaust i believe. he's got some shitty muffler on it, but for now that'll have to do cause i have no money to get the skunk2 I want
Old 03-03-2009

do either of you have a garage with the proper tools? I just realized i dont have any jackstands to put my car up on. maybe have a lil p-town meet and install a new exhaust for this nub
Old 03-03-2009
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Marc, I've got two jackstands if you need to borrow them. Wouldn't mind helping with the install either. Just need a can of PB Blaster.

Also, both you guys need to stop being ****** and do the BOH. If we need to do a PDX meet so I can get some BOH going, then so be it. I've got both black and gunmetal paint left over from my wheels/headlights, so take your pick
Old 03-03-2009
Premium Member

I'm not going to do BOH, personally I dont think i'll like the looks of it on my car. I'm going to pick up bronze wheels down the line, so I'm thinkng i'll give them a light dusting of matching bronze when the time comes. I also got tools for exhaust swaps, and jack stands, and can barrow a jack from my buddy, but no space to do the work at my place. Maybe you should rent a garage at one of those self storage places to do some work on ya car if you dont have any room.
Old 03-03-2009
Premium Member

Oh, I'm also down to help. I know the exhaust system inside and out a million ways backwards.
Old 03-03-2009
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TRIZ
I'm not going to do BOH, personally I dont think i'll like the looks of it on my car. I'm going to pick up bronze wheels down the line, so I'm thinkng i'll give them a light dusting of matching bronze when the time comes. I also got tools for exhaust swaps, and jack stands, and can barrow a jack from my buddy, but no space to do the work at my place. Maybe you should rent a garage at one of those self storage places to do some work on ya car if you dont have any room.
boricua_civic did bronze on his 04 RR coupe...I'll text him to see if he has any pics of it on his phone. Turned out looking great. He's also got some bronze Rota Circuit 10's on his car.

And most of those storage places have rules against working on cars in there...I'd say we could use my covered space in my apartment, but just my luck, I have two ****ing huge SUV's that park on either side of me. Both driven by women, which means they're always parked shitty.
Old 03-03-2009
Premium Member

Haaa word. I figured they had rules... but ya know who is going to be watching really.. An exhaust only takes an hour or two to put on, depending on the problems you run into.
Old 03-04-2009

haha sounds like a promising plan in the making . I'll probably have to take you up on that offer Honder to get that done at your place since its covered. I just have to get a hold of this jew that has the parts I want then I'll be golden. I have to trade him 100 bucks and a punching bag for his DC Header, downpipe, custom piping and exhaust. I figured it was a good deal nevertheless. I'll keep you guys posted whenever i get the stuff. Thanks
Old 03-04-2009

and yes i didn't even think that it could be a different color besides black or gray.... not sure what color would look good on gray tho. probably black xD
Old 03-04-2009
Premium Member

^ or grey or anything.... I remember some member blacked out just the sides of his headlights and it looked pretty sick.
Old 03-06-2009
Premium Member

Damn, its supposed to snow this weekend? Whats up with that.... ****. LAME. I'm ready for SUNNNN... time change is next week, I'm looking forward to that for sure. Sun setting at 7 something instead of 4 something!

Oh yeah, blazers got their *** whooped last night, that sucked.
Old 03-07-2009

lol yeah fo sho some sun would be nice :P.

I'm thinking of getting my car painted sometime in the near future if I can get it done for like 300 bucks. I really hate driving a ****ing silver car.
Old 03-08-2009
Premium Member

Where at?
Old 03-08-2009

I'm not sure my dad just got his vet painted somewhere on like 225th and halsey. It looks good to me. I can't decide on what color I want either... black, white, red, or fiji blue :P

And on a side note that guy with the exhaust is going to send me pictures of everything he has that he's selling to me so I will post them up here to make sure its everything I'm going to need. You guys wouldn't happen to know a cheap paint job place in Portland?
Old 03-10-2009
Premium Member

^ where the pics at?

I dont know any paint places in pdx, just know that macco sucks. I think flat black would be dope.
Old 03-10-2009
Premium Member

^ where the pics at?

I dont know any paint places in pdx, just know that macco sucks. I think flat black would be dope.
Old 03-11-2009

you want pics of the vet or pics of the exhaust stuff? The damn little bitch on CL is taking forever to send them to me. Supposed to come in sometime this evening so we'll see.

Not sure about flat black. I like a red like yours Triz or a nice pearl white but that fiji blue catches my eyes too much. I'm tryin to figure out what would look good in the future. I like red cause it can look kinda aggressive but white and blue are slick. Black is slick and low profile... I just cant decide yet.. probably wont get a paint job till i can get rims, tints, and a drop.
Old 03-12-2009
Premium Member

If I had tint then I wouldnt have got busted drinking a beer in my car with my buddy before we went into buffalo wild wings last night for dinner, drinks, and the blazers game. Got pwnd by the security guard... guy came out of nowhere, creepy little ninja.

Yeahhhhhh anyways. Todays my birthday and I'm reading my CPA review book and trying to get that taken care of for sat's class downtown. *yawn* I need to grab a coffee I think, its only 12:40p and I've got a lot of stuff to study. I'm also going to pick up a new wireless card for my desktop so I can actually stay on the internet once I get connected. Also going to pick up a monitor switch so I can run my desktop and laptop on my new 22" widescreen 1080p full HD monitor... its SICK, I'm becoming a fan of HD really quick!!
Old 03-12-2009

lol Triz you have to get tints! You don't have them cause you don't like them? And yeah security guards are gay. At least you were in your car so you could have zipped off if he tried to pin ya down.

And Happy Birthday . HD will be your best friend.

Quick Reply: Portland