West Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming

Portland

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008
Delightfully tacky. Yet unrefined

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
m3gach33zy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Portland

hahah good point lol. I was just about to pick up some rims today for a trade. ummm somethin somethin ricochet was the brand. but the guy's wheels got jacked when he got back home xD now i'm on the lookout again for some decent rims :/
Old 09-27-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

I've been on craigslist for months looking for rims and havent found ****. I'm disappointed fahreals.

Honder- your rims dont look bad, but to be honest, something about them looks a little of- maybe its because I'm used to seeing those time attack rims in those colors and they have much skinnier spokes.

That cruise from the zoo to sonic looks kinda cool. Shoot down 26 and it'll take you 15 mins max tho, ha. But still... where did you hear about that at- aka, who else can we expect there- ricers, acuras, subarus, hot rods, etc?

Anyways guys. I was supposed to go back down to eugene yesterday afternoon, but I got caught up at the gf's still just after noon "saying goodbye" ha, and then got back and forgot I had laundry and had to take the junk out of my car, mostly in my trunk was a bunch of **** that had accumulated over the summer. Then I vacuumed and used felt tape to get rid of the vibration behind the panel and the clips in the panel- fixed the door handle too- someone pulled so hard it came off- had 2 fix. Took the edm tails off for my stockers- cant risk something that nice in eug. Tuned my bike and packed everything, only to realize I had to switch my rims on my bike to some cheapies which had different gearing, couldnt get it shifting right, had my buddy take it to his place to do overnight, got a text this morning that it cant be fixed. So I'm leaving today instead of yesterday. *sigh*

See yall on I5 if your cruising south. I'll be leaving this afternoon.
Old 09-29-2008

hmmm well i'm on NWstreetracing.com boards as well. You can sign up there and see. I dont know who is participating its just a random post with that flier on it. I might attend if I can make it.
Old 09-29-2008
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

It is finished...
Old 09-30-2008
Registered!!

ARLO03 is an unknown quantity at this point

buy my rims triz!!!!!

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4349306

they looked sick on my EM2... i miss my em2

anybody w/ an automatic lookin for a remote start alarm????
Old 09-30-2008

nice lookin there honder you gotta get more pics lol
Old 09-30-2008
Premium Member

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

****, wont have internet at my place until the 9th or 10th of October!! Ridiculous.

As for the rims... 1K is a little out of my range. I wanna roll on bronze or gold rims anyways tho. But good luck with the sale.
Old 09-30-2008

does it really make a difference of the brand name of rims? i was thinking of picking these up someday:

http://www.procivic.com/index.php?ca...roducts_id=491

I'm really not sure what I should do first after i drop it. I've already got SRI intake coming via CivicDriver03. I was wondering what you guys did first on the cosmetics? I wanted to get the kaminari lip kit but I realized it doesn't come painted, therefore i'd have to get a paint job with the kit. But before that I'll have it dropped like 1.75 not sure if I should go for the rims first or the lip kit and paint job?
Old 09-30-2008

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ARLO03
buy my rims triz!!!!!

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4349306

they looked sick on my EM2... i miss my em2

anybody w/ an automatic lookin for a remote start alarm????
Holy ****, those are ****ing ****!

Originally Posted by m3gach33zy
nice lookin there honder you gotta get more pics lol

Need to get moar pics. Washed the car yesterday just for that, but I got home kinda late to do it.

Originally Posted by TRIZ
****, wont have internet at my place until the 9th or 10th of October!! Ridiculous.

As for the rims... 1K is a little out of my range. I wanna roll on bronze or gold rims anyways tho. But good luck with the sale.
You don't have a laptop that you can leech wireless off someone? There's gotta be someone in the hood with a connection...

Oh, and I saw these on CL...I think they'd look pretty good painted bronze or gold

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/857907458.html
Old 10-01-2008

ohhh very nice CL find there honder. If I had enough money I'd get those lol.
Old 10-01-2008
Premium Member

Words, I saw those too, but I don’t like the bolts around the outside. And no, there isn’t any connections that are unsecured. I even had software to hijack packets and crack passwords, but need to be able to connect- the one router I can connect to, doesn’t have an internet connection that’s live yet. I’m working on it, don’t worry.
Old 10-01-2008

So does anyone know who does a good paint job in the Portland, Corvallis, or Eugene area? I really want to get one done after I drop it and get a lip kit. Some people were telling me its goin to cost like 900-1000. You guys know where I can get a better deal?
Old 10-01-2008

Depends on what you're wanting man. That's how much I was planning on spending on my new paint, minimum. But I am doing the prep, dent repair and primer myself so that cuts down on it a lot. If I find out I'll pass the word onto ya
Old 10-01-2008

Well I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. I just wanted to get my car either red or black. Mines silver >.< I'm not sure how to prep or primer so I guess I'll have to have the paint place do it. But yeah thanks honder let me know how things go down for you
Old 10-01-2008
Premium Member

^ matt black would look pretty sick with some low key decals in a gloss black. I saw it on an eg and it as pretty sick. I think it was sitting on bronze or gold rims with CF trunk and hood.

Doing all the prep work yourself is pretty brainless once you find the right products to use and know the concept on how to use them. And no, bondo shouldnt be in your main list of solutions to body repair, most ppl over use it and end up with their car crumbeling on them wondering whats wrong with the dents they filled in.

Basically with a paint job you get what you pay for. Either you go cheap and it looks crappy, or you shell out a bit and it looks professional. Whatever you do make sure any metal flake you get put in is done sparingly and they are very small. Ive seen some custom paint jobs rolling around town here where I could go up and dig the flakes out of the clear coat with my fingernails because they were so huge. The light hits the car and its like a bunch of tiny mirrors- looks horrible.

I missed the last express bus to my place, ****. Gotta wait around another hour on campus. And I'm starving.
Old 10-02-2008

hmm i'm not really sure about black yet i'm more leaning towards red. I llike how the red looks with a CF hood and black head and tails.
Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member

I cant argue with that. Red is the ****. =)

I think black tails would look ugly, never seen them with a cf trunk tho. The ralley red flows real nice with the color of our tails.
Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member

Oh by the way, anyone in the 503/541 feel free to hit me up on aim anytime. Without having internet the mobile IM forwarding is a nice surprise. Unfortunately I cant send messages to ppl on my buddylist and see whos online, I can only reply to messages sent to me, but its all good.
Old 10-02-2008

i havent seen black tails on red yet. but I think the black headlights looks badass at least. I wanna get a CF hood and trunk someday but the hood looks badass... you should get one triz :P
Old 10-02-2008

oh yeah I found a recaro retailer up in redmond WA. He gave me a price of 3,000 for 2 front seats and including the rails. you guys think that its worth it?
Old 10-02-2008

**** no. I would never buy seats that expensive. EP3 or 05-06 RSX Cloth seats are badass. I would just get a pair of those, have the reupholstered to your liking, and save 2,000 dollars.
Old 10-02-2008
Premium Member

Absolutely not. If you can divide the price of the part by your car's resale value in your head and end up with over 10%, then its not worth it.

PLUS there HAS to be someone on the westcoast that sells recaros.
Old 10-02-2008

lol icic I guess I won't be buying from them then. I might be getting these: since they come in a pair. probably just get the middle of the seats upholstered red as well as the back seats to get that kool look :P

http://www.procivic.com/pages-popup_...844/index.html
Old 10-12-2008

hey triz were you driving down to portland today? I got passed on I-5 by a red em2 tried to catch up but a traffic and a semi got in the way
Old 10-12-2008

^I ****ing hate I5 in the Portland area

I was heading to a junkyard in NoPo and I passed a 2005 NHBP EM2 w/ what appeared to be Rota GT3's in gold and tinted windows. Sound familiar to anyone?
Old 10-12-2008

NHBP? I've seen several gold em2's and I think there is one rollin around here in corvallis
Old 10-20-2008

Has anyone in the Oregon area found anything worth while at a junkyard? I wanted to go check stuff out, but I've never been to one before. Do you have to take the stuff off a car you find yourself or does someone get it for you?
Old 10-20-2008

Check out autowrecking.com. B&R has a lot of yards in the PNW. If all else fails, check out car-part.com.
Old 10-20-2008
Premium Member

hey triz were you driving down to portland today? I got passed on I-5 by a red em2 tried to catch up but a traffic and a semi got in the way
Naw, I havent been on 1-5 for almost 3.5 weeks. I miss it. I want to go home!

Has anyone in the Oregon area found anything worth while at a junkyard? I wanted to go check stuff out, but I've never been to one before. Do you have to take the stuff off a car you find yourself or does someone get it for you?
I go to one in eugene, I've never found anything I want there. Everything is always taken. They do have a bunch of engines- D17's and K's. I saw an ep3 shell once, but it was only half of the shell, lol... they cut it right down the middle for some reason. Its always the same cars, all torn up and useless parts.
Old 10-21-2008

Originally Posted by 01HonderCivic
Check out autowrecking.com. B&R has a lot of yards in the PNW. If all else fails, check out car-part.com.
Alright sounds good honder thanks for the help! I guess I'll have to just keep searching these junkyards and websites to see if I can find anything

Quick Reply: Portland